[Wikimedia-l] Scholarship Decline

Vitor Mazuco
Hi everybody!

my apply was decline.

This is my second time that is decline, and my friend of Brazil goes
every year, same users in every year and I never.

If do you compare my contribution as long with their, I have much more
and my apply is every year decline by WMF.

Please, who can help with this?

Thanks in advanced,

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Scholarship Decline

Ellie Young
Vitor,

I have asked the Scholarship Committee for Wikimania '16 to reply to your
email.
[hidden email]

Ellie Young
WMF Events Manager

On Thu, Mar 17, 2016 at 12:30 PM, Vitor Mazuco <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi everybody!
>
> my apply was decline.
>
> This is my second time that is decline, and my friend of Brazil goes
> every year, same users in every year and I never.
>
> If do you compare my contribution as long with their, I have much more
> and my apply is every year decline by WMF.
>
> Please, who can help with this?
>
> Thanks in advanced,

-

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Scholarship Decline

Rodrigo Padula-3
I had a conversation with Vitor Mazuco about this email and agreed with his point of view.

Analyzing the list of users from Brazil that received schollarships from WMF during the last years, I noted that WMF/Scholarship Committees are always supporting the same group of people not generating opportunities for new people(and very important contributors) to join and enjoy Wikimania.

Including, some of the users that received support to go to Wikimania never provided any feedback to our community regarding Wikimania experience, learnings, knowledge acquired or any kind of reports.

I think the scholarship committee should take in consideration those who have been to the event several times, so that we can also include more people, increasing the Wikimania's diversity in all possible ways, avoid so many repetitions engaging more people into this international movement.

I'm not saying that the users that received support in recent years do not deserve this support, my point is that we have more people who also deserve to go to Wikimania and never get this opportunity, sometimes it disengage our volunteers.

Rodrigo Padula
Coordenador de Projetos
Grupo Wikimedia Brasileiro de Educação e Pesquisa
http://www.wikimedia.org.br
21 99326-0558

--- Em Qui, 17 Mar 2016 20:32:36 -0300 Ellie Young &lt;[hidden email]&gt; escreveu ----
Vitor,

I have asked the Scholarship Committee for Wikimania '16 to reply to your
email.
[hidden email]

Ellie Young
WMF Events Manager

On Thu, Mar 17, 2016 at 12:30 PM, Vitor Mazuco &lt;[hidden email]&gt;
wrote:

&gt; Hi everybody!
&gt;
&gt; my apply was decline.
&gt;
&gt; This is my second time that is decline, and my friend of Brazil goes
&gt; every year, same users in every year and I never.
&gt;
&gt; If do you compare my contribution as long with their, I have much more
&gt; and my apply is every year decline by WMF.
&gt;
&gt; Please, who can help with this?
&gt;
&gt; Thanks in advanced,
&gt;
&gt; _______________________________________________
&gt; Wikimedia-l mailing list, guidelines at:
&gt; https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Mailing_lists/Guidelines
&gt; New messages to: [hidden email]
&gt; Unsubscribe: https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l,
&gt; &lt;mailto:[hidden email]?subject=unsubscribe&gt;

-

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Scholarship Decline

Rich Farmbrough
I believe that Wikimania scholarships are one of the best uses of WMF
funds.  I would like to see more scholarships.  If funds are a problem,
then by all means have more scholarships for relatively local people -
but frankly I don't think funds _are_ a problem.

On 21/03/2016 14:00, Rodrigo Padula wrote:

> I had a conversation with Vitor Mazuco about this email and agreed with his point of view.
>
> Analyzing the list of users from Brazil that received schollarships from WMF during the last years, I noted that WMF/Scholarship Committees are always supporting the same group of people not generating opportunities for new people(and very important contributors) to join and enjoy Wikimania.
>
> Including, some of the users that received support to go to Wikimania never provided any feedback to our community regarding Wikimania experience, learnings, knowledge acquired or any kind of reports.
>
> I think the scholarship committee should take in consideration those who have been to the event several times, so that we can also include more people, increasing the Wikimania's diversity in all possible ways, avoid so many repetitions engaging more people into this international movement.
>
> I'm not saying that the users that received support in recent years do not deserve this support, my point is that we have more people who also deserve to go to Wikimania and never get this opportunity, sometimes it disengage our volunteers.
>
> Rodrigo Padula
> Coordenador de Projetos
> Grupo Wikimedia Brasileiro de Educação e Pesquisa
> http://www.wikimedia.org.br
> 21 99326-0558
>

> --- Em Qui, 17 Mar 2016 20:32:36 -0300 Ellie Young &lt;[hidden email]&gt; escreveu ----
> Vitor,
>
> I have asked the Scholarship Committee for Wikimania '16 to reply to your
> email.
> [hidden email]
>
> Ellie Young
> WMF Events Manager
>

> On Thu, Mar 17, 2016 at 12:30 PM, Vitor Mazuco &lt;[hidden email]&gt;
> wrote:
>
> &gt; Hi everybody!
> &gt;
> &gt; my apply was decline.
> &gt;
> &gt; This is my second time that is decline, and my friend of Brazil goes
> &gt; every year, same users in every year and I never.
> &gt;
> &gt; If do you compare my contribution as long with their, I have much more
> &gt; and my apply is every year decline by WMF.
> &gt;
> &gt; Please, who can help with this?
> &gt;
> &gt; Thanks in advanced,
> &gt;
> &gt; _______________________________________________
> &gt; Wikimedia-l mailing list, guidelines at:
> &gt; https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Mailing_lists/Guidelines
> &gt; New messages to: [hidden email]
> &gt; Unsubscribe: https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l,
> &gt; &lt;mailto:[hidden email]?subject=unsubscribe&gt;
>

> -

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Scholarship Decline

Moheen Reeyad
1+