[Wikimedia-l] Science edit-a-thon in six museums‏

[Wikimedia-l] Science edit-a-thon in six museums‏

Santiago Navarro
Hello,

next week-end, Wikimedia Spain, with six science museums from five
different cities in Spain, organizes an edit-a-thon about Spanish
scientists and inventors. This is a collaboration with FECYT (Fundación
Española para la Ciencia y la Tecnología). The museums who participate
are:

*MUNCYT, La Coruña
*MUNCYT, Alcobendas (Madrid)
*Museo de la Ciencia, Valladolid
*Museo Nacional de Ciencias Naturales, Madrid
*Casa de la Ciencia, Logroño
*Casa de la Ciencia, Sevilla

we could involve volunteers for every museum. There wil be different
activities and the edit-a-thon will run on Saturday and in some museums
also on Sunday.

FECYT freely shared 104 portraits of Spanish scientists on Wikimedia
Commons.[3]

There is a coordination page on Spanish Wikipedia [1] and Galician
Wikipedia [2]

The hashtag of the event is  #WikimaratónCiencia and we invite you to
participate on-line and to spread the word. This activity, in five
different cities and six different museums the same week-end is a new
challenge for us.

Thanks

[1]
https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Encuentros/Wikimarat%C3%B3n_Cient%C3%ADfico_2014#Art.C3.ADculos_propuestos
[2]
https://gl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Wikimarat%C3%B3n_Cient%C3%ADfico_2014
[3]
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Images_of_scientists_released_by_FECYT

--
Santiago Navarro Sanz
Wikimedia España

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Science edit-a-thon in six museums‏

phoebe ayers-3
Dear Santiago,

This is very cool! Congratulations. I will add some of the portraits
to the English Wikipedia as well :)

best,
Phoebe

On Tue, Dec 9, 2014 at 5:41 AM, Santi Navarro
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> next week-end, Wikimedia Spain, with six science museums from five different
> cities in Spain, organizes an edit-a-thon about Spanish scientists and
> inventors. This is a collaboration with FECYT (Fundación Española para la
> Ciencia y la Tecnología). The museums who participate are:
>
> *MUNCYT, La Coruña
> *MUNCYT, Alcobendas (Madrid)
> *Museo de la Ciencia, Valladolid
> *Museo Nacional de Ciencias Naturales, Madrid
> *Casa de la Ciencia, Logroño
> *Casa de la Ciencia, Sevilla
>
> we could involve volunteers for every museum. There wil be different
> activities and the edit-a-thon will run on Saturday and in some museums also
> on Sunday.
>
> FECYT freely shared 104 portraits of Spanish scientists on Wikimedia
> Commons.[3]
>
> There is a coordination page on Spanish Wikipedia [1] and Galician Wikipedia
> [2]
>
> The hashtag of the event is  #WikimaratónCiencia and we invite you to
> participate on-line and to spread the word. This activity, in five different
> cities and six different museums the same week-end is a new challenge for
> us.
>
> Thanks
>
> [1]
> https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Encuentros/Wikimarat%C3%B3n_Cient%C3%ADfico_2014#Art.C3.ADculos_propuestos