[Wikimedia-l] Should the Endowment invest in REITs?

[Wikimedia-l] Should the Endowment invest in REITs?

James Salsman-2
Joseph Seddon wrote:

> You can find out more about the Endowment here:
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Endowment

I'm very glad to see the asset allocation strategy published, but I
have questions:

1. Does the Foundation intend to benchmark Endowment performance
against the mutual funds marketed by the largest five funds by
capitalization to institutions for the purposes of meeting endowment
investment requirements?

2. Should the Foundation be investing in real estate investment
trusts? Is it ethical for the Foundation to be competing with people
and companies for the ownership of real estate or other fixed assets?

"When upper class earners gain income, they are far more likely to
save or invest in fixed assets or real estate, which does not increase
aggregate demand."
-- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Economics#Tax_cut_claim_in_Fiscal_policy_section

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Should the Endowment invest in REITs?

James Salsman-2
Can the issue raised in my second question below be addressed by limiting
REIT purchases to the top-N by capitalization? That is, should REIT and
fixed asset allocations be allocated to achieve the rights to information
about REITs instead of small real estate purchases?

Can we do a bias review study on the economics articles, please?