[Wikimedia-l] Sick of the subject "(no subject)"

[Wikimedia-l] Sick of the subject "(no subject)"

Richard Ames
If anybody posts another message  or reply with the subject "(no
subject)"... they go on moderation for at least a week.

Richard.

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Sick of the subject "(no subject)"

K. Peachey-2
I think that is a tad inappropriate, when it's been pointed out it's most
likely a bug in gmail causing it.

You can always create a filter in your email client of choosing if you
don't want to see what, the two(?) threads that are active atm.

On 4 December 2015 at 19:55, Richard Ames <[hidden email]> wrote:

> If anybody posts another message  or reply with the subject "(no
> subject)"... they go on moderation for at least a week.
>
> Richard.

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Sick of the subject "(no subject)"

Austin Hair
I won't speak for him, but I think Richard was venting more than
making a serious threat. Assuming this is indeed unintentional, nobody
has anything to worry about.

Austin

On Fri, Dec 4, 2015 at 11:12 AM, K. Peachey <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I think that is a tad inappropriate, when it's been pointed out it's most
> likely a bug in gmail causing it.
>
> You can always create a filter in your email client of choosing if you
> don't want to see what, the two(?) threads that are active atm.
>
> On 4 December 2015 at 19:55, Richard Ames <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> If anybody posts another message  or reply with the subject "(no
>> subject)"... they go on moderation for at least a week.
>>
>> Richard.

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Sick of the subject "(no subject)"

Richard Ames
I was venting and I had had a drink or two.  I think any reasonable
correspondent can change the subject line.

So I was sort of serious,

Richard.

On Fri, Dec 4, 2015 at 9:51 PM, Austin Hair <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I won't speak for him, but I think Richard was venting more than
> making a serious threat. Assuming this is indeed unintentional, nobody
> has anything to worry about.
>
> Austin
>
> On Fri, Dec 4, 2015 at 11:12 AM, K. Peachey <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > I think that is a tad inappropriate, when it's been pointed out it's most
> > likely a bug in gmail causing it.
> >
> > You can always create a filter in your email client of choosing if you
> > don't want to see what, the two(?) threads that are active atm.
> >
> > On 4 December 2015 at 19:55, Richard Ames <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >> If anybody posts another message  or reply with the subject "(no
> >> subject)"... they go on moderation for at least a week.
> >>
> >> Richard.

The greatest collection of shared knowledge in history. Help
Wikipedia, participate now: https://en.wikipedia.org/

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Sick of the subject "(no subject)"

K. Peachey-2
If a respondent changes the subject, It splits the thread off to yet
another thread (for those in a threaded client) which in my personal view
is even more disruptive.

Each to their own I guess.

On 4 December 2015 at 21:32, Richard Ames <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I was venting and I had had a drink or two.  I think any reasonable
> correspondent can change the subject line.
>
> So I was sort of serious,
>
> Richard.
>
> On Fri, Dec 4, 2015 at 9:51 PM, Austin Hair <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > I won't speak for him, but I think Richard was venting more than
> > making a serious threat. Assuming this is indeed unintentional, nobody
> > has anything to worry about.
> >
> > Austin
> >
> > On Fri, Dec 4, 2015 at 11:12 AM, K. Peachey <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > I think that is a tad inappropriate, when it's been pointed out it's
> most
> > > likely a bug in gmail causing it.
> > >
> > > You can always create a filter in your email client of choosing if you
> > > don't want to see what, the two(?) threads that are active atm.

> The greatest collection of shared knowledge in history. Help
> Wikipedia, participate now: https://en.wikipedia.org/

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Sick of the subject "(no subject)"

Rjd0060 -
On Fri, Dec 4, 2015 at 6:50 AM, K. Peachey <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Each to their own I guess.

Yes, until people start getting put on moderation (even if the cause is the
list admin being under the influence .......... unless that was also a
joke).

Regardless, if we dislike it to that extent how about setting a content
filter via mailman so that such items are held for mod or discarded.  I
don't think immediate threats are the way to go.

While I agree subject lines are helpful in every email, perhaps a personal
decision no to open them should be considered by those who hate them to the
extent that Richards does.

--

Ryan
User:Rjd0060

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Sick of the subject "(no subject)"

Chris Keating-2
Possibly now is the time to draw a line under this conversation, as nothing
productive is likely to come of it.

On Fri, Dec 4, 2015 at 2:13 PM, Rjd0060 <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 4, 2015 at 6:50 AM, K. Peachey <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Each to their own I guess.
>

> Yes, until people start getting put on moderation (even if the cause is the
> list admin being under the influence .......... unless that was also a
> joke).
>
> Regardless, if we dislike it to that extent how about setting a content
> filter via mailman so that such items are held for mod or discarded.  I
> don't think immediate threats are the way to go.
>
> While I agree subject lines are helpful in every email, perhaps a personal
> decision no to open them should be considered by those who hate them to the
> extent that Richards does.
>

> --
>
> Ryan
> User:Rjd0060

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Sick of the subject "(no subject)"

Liam Wyatt
On Friday, 4 December 2015, Chris Keating <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Possibly now is the time to draw a line under this conversation,

Perhaps it should be called a "subject line"? :-)