[Wikimedia-l] Spanish Wikipedia first million

[Wikimedia-l] Spanish Wikipedia first million

Salvador A
Hi folks!

Maybe many of you have it already noticed. Nevertheless, spanish speakers
wikimedians want to share with you our joy of that the spanish version of
Wikipedia has surpassed the million of articles.

https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Especial:Estad%C3%ADsticas

Thanks and congratulations to all volunteers that make it possible.

Let's party!

--
*Salvador Alcántar*
*WMMX*

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Spanish Wikipedia first million

Asaf Bartov-2
Awesome!  Congratulations to ESWP contributors and to all Spanish speakers
for the wealth of free knowledge at their fingertips. :)

   A.

On Thu, May 16, 2013 at 5:19 PM, Salvador A <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi folks!
>
> Maybe many of you have it already noticed. Nevertheless, spanish speakers
> wikimedians want to share with you our joy of that the spanish version of
> Wikipedia has surpassed the million of articles.
>
> https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Especial:Estad%C3%ADsticas
>
> Thanks and congratulations to all volunteers that make it possible.
>
> Let's party!
>
> --
> *Salvador Alcántar*
> *WMMX*
> *Iberocoop*

    Asaf Bartov

https://donate.wikimedia.org

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Spanish Wikipedia first million

Thehelpfulone
On 17 May 2013, at 01:19, Salvador A <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi folks!
>
> Maybe many of you have it already noticed. Nevertheless, spanish speakers
> wikimedians want to share with you our joy of that the spanish version of
> Wikipedia has surpassed the million of articles.
>
> https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Especial:Estad%C3%ADsticas
>
> Thanks and congratulations to all volunteers that make it possible.
>
> Let's party!

Congratulations! I've just updated www.wikipedia.org to reflect the new article count. :-)

---
Thehelpfulone
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Thehelpfulone

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Spanish Wikipedia first million

Everton Zanella Alvarenga-3
Hi.

A curiosity. How could you go from 991k articles [1] to 1016k [2] in
so few time? That is more than 20k articles in less than 2 days.

Tom

[1] http://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?oldid=5486358

[2] http://es.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Especial:Estad%C3%ADsticas&action=raw

--
Everton Zanella Alvarenga (also Tom)
"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Spanish Wikipedia first million

Everton Zanella Alvarenga-3
On Thu, May 16, 2013 at 9:59 PM, Everton Zanella Alvarenga
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> [1] http://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?oldid=5486358

Well, it seems this page on meta get dynamicaly this number from some
other place:

http://stats.wikimedia.org/EN/TablesArticlesTotal.htm

I read once some discussion on the definition of total number articles
because of this difference, I cannot remember where.

--
Everton Zanella Alvarenga (also Tom)
"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more
useful than a life spent doing nothing."

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Spanish Wikipedia first million

Salvador A
In fact, was a technical mistake for which the counter was not taking into
account ~20,000 lists articles wich in spanish Wikipedia have a special
name space (Anexo:...). Was a surprising also for us when that bugg was
fixed today and true was revealed.

However, the fact is today we have 1,000,000 articles and a plus. Don't be
jealous Everton! :P I'm kidding :D

Best!

2013/5/16 Everton Zanella Alvarenga <[hidden email]>

> Hi.
>
> A curiosity. How could you go from 991k articles [1] to 1016k [2] in
> so few time? That is more than 20k articles in less than 2 days.
>
> Tom
>
> [1] http://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?oldid=5486358
>
> [2]
> http://es.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Especial:Estad%C3%ADsticas&action=raw
>
> --
> Everton Zanella Alvarenga (also Tom)
> "A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more
> useful than a life spent doing nothing."

*Salvador Alcántar*

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Spanish Wikipedia first million

Everton Zanella Alvarenga-3
Haha, gracias for clarifying!

And congratulations for the mark, it is indeeed impressive.

Although my main goal for the Portuguese Wikipedia will be to help our
comunity catalyse the quality of key articles for educational
purposes, not necessarily the quantity. ;)

On Thu, May 16, 2013 at 10:22 PM, Salvador A <[hidden email]> wrote:
> In fact, was a technical mistake for which the counter was not taking into
> account ~20,000 lists articles wich in spanish Wikipedia have a special
> name space (Anexo:...). Was a surprising also for us when that bugg was
> fixed today and true was revealed.
>
> However, the fact is today we have 1,000,000 articles and a plus. Don't be
> jealous Everton! :P I'm kidding :D

--
Everton Zanella Alvarenga (also Tom)
"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more
useful than a life spent doing nothing."

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Spanish Wikipedia first million

phoebe ayers-3
Hooray!!! Felicitaciones! This is so exciting. And hooray for 30,000 lists!
(anexo:) .... :)

 -- phoebe

On Thu, May 16, 2013 at 5:19 PM, Salvador A <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi folks!
>
> Maybe many of you have it already noticed. Nevertheless, spanish speakers
> wikimedians want to share with you our joy of that the spanish version of
> Wikipedia has surpassed the million of articles.
>
> https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Especial:Estad%C3%ADsticas
>
> Thanks and congratulations to all volunteers that make it possible.
>
> Let's party!
>
> --
> *Salvador Alcántar*
> *WMMX*
> *Iberocoop*

* I use this address for lists; send personal messages to phoebe.ayers <at>
gmail.com *

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Spanish Wikipedia first million

Shlomi Fish
Hi all,

On Thu, 16 May 2013 19:19:45 -0500
Salvador A <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi folks!
>
> Maybe many of you have it already noticed. Nevertheless, spanish speakers
> wikimedians want to share with you our joy of that the spanish version of
> Wikipedia has surpassed the million of articles.
>
> https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Especial:Estad%C3%ADsticas
>
> Thanks and congratulations to all volunteers that make it possible.

That's great! Thanks to all volunteers/admins/etc. .

Regards,

        Shlomi Fish

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Spanish Wikipedia first million

Osmar Valdebenito-2
Congratulations to all of us who have worked all these years to make this
possible :D
The change in the count is very innapropiate (someone said on our Village
Pump it was like preparing for New Year's Eve and falling sleep in the
counting and waking up the other day), but it doesn't take the credit of
all the work that has been done.

By the way, can someone update our logo for the celebrations?
According to this poll [1], the logo should be
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Wikipedia-logo-es-millon-vector.svgbetween
May 16th and June 16th.Also, the link should go to
https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Anuncio_del_art%C3%ADculo_1_000_000

Thanks,

*Osmar Valdebenito G.*
**
Director Ejecutivo
A. C. Wikimedia Argentina

[1]
https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Votaciones/2013/Conmemoraci%C3%B3n_del_mill%C3%B3n_de_art%C3%ADculos_de_Wikipedia

2013/5/17 Shlomi Fish <[hidden email]>

> Hi all,
>
> On Thu, 16 May 2013 19:19:45 -0500
> Salvador A <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi folks!
> >
> > Maybe many of you have it already noticed. Nevertheless, spanish speakers
> > wikimedians want to share with you our joy of that the spanish version of
> > Wikipedia has surpassed the million of articles.
> >
> > https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Especial:Estad%C3%ADsticas
> >
> > Thanks and congratulations to all volunteers that make it possible.
>
> That's great! Thanks to all volunteers/admins/etc. .
>
> Regards,
>
>         Shlomi Fish

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Spanish Wikipedia first million

Matthew Roth
If you do a blog post to announce it, please let me know and I'll translate
to English. Or if you can give a rough English translation, I can clean it
up. Would be happy to publish on the Wikimedia Blog.

On Fri, May 17, 2013 at 5:50 AM, Osmar Valdebenito
<[hidden email]>wrote:

> Congratulations to all of us who have worked all these years to make this
> possible :D
> The change in the count is very innapropiate (someone said on our Village
> Pump it was like preparing for New Year's Eve and falling sleep in the
> counting and waking up the other day), but it doesn't take the credit of
> all the work that has been done.
>
> By the way, can someone update our logo for the celebrations?
> According to this poll [1], the logo should be
>
> https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Wikipedia-logo-es-millon-vector.svgbetween
> May 16th and June 16th.Also, the link should go to
> https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Anuncio_del_art%C3%ADculo_1_000_000
>
> Thanks,
>
> *Osmar Valdebenito G.*
> **
> Director Ejecutivo
> A. C. Wikimedia Argentina
>
> [1]
>
> https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Votaciones/2013/Conmemoraci%C3%B3n_del_mill%C3%B3n_de_art%C3%ADculos_de_Wikipedia
>
> 2013/5/17 Shlomi Fish <[hidden email]>
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > On Thu, 16 May 2013 19:19:45 -0500
> > Salvador A <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi folks!
> > >
> > > Maybe many of you have it already noticed. Nevertheless, spanish
> speakers
> > > wikimedians want to share with you our joy of that the spanish version
> of
> > > Wikipedia has surpassed the million of articles.
> > >
> > > https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Especial:Estad%C3%ADsticas
> > >
> > > Thanks and congratulations to all volunteers that make it possible.
> >
> > That's great! Thanks to all volunteers/admins/etc. .
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> >         Shlomi Fish

Matthew Roth
Global Communications Manager
Wikimedia Foundation
+1.415.839.6885 ext 6635
www.wikimediafoundation.org
*http://blog.wikimedia.org/*

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Spanish Wikipedia first million

Nurunnaby Chowdhury Hasive
Congratulations to all who contributed to reach such a landmark..

On Fri, May 17, 2013 at 10:55 PM, Matthew Roth <[hidden email]> wrote:

> If you do a blog post to announce it, please let me know and I'll translate
> to English. Or if you can give a rough English translation, I can clean it
> up. Would be happy to publish on the Wikimedia Blog.
>

> On Fri, May 17, 2013 at 5:50 AM, Osmar Valdebenito
> <[hidden email]>wrote:
>
> > Congratulations to all of us who have worked all these years to make this
> > possible :D
> > The change in the count is very innapropiate (someone said on our Village
> > Pump it was like preparing for New Year's Eve and falling sleep in the
> > counting and waking up the other day), but it doesn't take the credit of
> > all the work that has been done.
> >
> > By the way, can someone update our logo for the celebrations?
> > According to this poll [1], the logo should be
> >

> https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Wikipedia-logo-es-millon-vector.svgbetween
> > May 16th and June 16th.Also, the link should go to
> >
> https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Anuncio_del_art%C3%ADculo_1_000_000
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > *Osmar Valdebenito G.*
> > **
> > Director Ejecutivo
> > A. C. Wikimedia Argentina
> >
> > [1]
> >

> https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Votaciones/2013/Conmemoraci%C3%B3n_del_mill%C3%B3n_de_art%C3%ADculos_de_Wikipedia
> >
> > 2013/5/17 Shlomi Fish <[hidden email]>
> >
> > > Hi all,

> > speakers
> version
> > of

> > > That's great! Thanks to all volunteers/admins/etc. .
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > >
> > >         Shlomi Fish
> > >
> > > --
> http://shlom.in/reply.

> Matthew Roth
> Global Communications Manager
> Wikimedia Foundation
> +1.415.839.6885 ext 6635
> www.wikimediafoundation.org
> *http://blog.wikimedia.org/*

*Nurunnaby Chowdhury Hasive*
Moderator | Prothom-Alo Blog <http://www.prothom-aloblog.com>
Assignment Reporter | The Daily Prothom-Alo <http://www.prothom-alo.com>
Auto-confirmed, Reviewer & Roll backer Editor | Bangla
Wikipedia<http://bn.wikipedia.org/wiki/user:nhasive>
Treasurer & Coordinator (PR) | Bangladesh Open Source Network
(BdOSN)<http://www.bdosn.org>
Coordinator (PR) | Society for the Popularization of Science, Bangladesh
(SPSB) <http://www.spsb.org>*
*Central Team MOVers | Bangladesh Mathematical Olympiad Committee
(BdMO)<http://www.matholympiad.org.bd>
Facebook: fb.com/nhasive | Twitter: @nhasive<http://www.twitter.com/nhasive>

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Spanish Wikipedia first million

Lucien leGrey
Hi, Matthew. It is already published in spanish:
http://blog.wikimedia.org.es/2013/05/wikipedia-en-espanol-supera-el-millon.html
 and
http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Anuncio_del_art%C3%ADculo_1_000_000

Thanks and best regards,

2013/5/17 Matthew Roth <[hidden email]>

> If you do a blog post to announce it, please let me know and I'll translate
> to English. Or if you can give a rough English translation, I can clean it
> up. Would be happy to publish on the Wikimedia Blog.
>

> On Fri, May 17, 2013 at 5:50 AM, Osmar Valdebenito
> <[hidden email]>wrote:
>
> > Congratulations to all of us who have worked all these years to make this
> > possible :D
> > The change in the count is very innapropiate (someone said on our Village
> > Pump it was like preparing for New Year's Eve and falling sleep in the
> > counting and waking up the other day), but it doesn't take the credit of
> > all the work that has been done.
> >
> > By the way, can someone update our logo for the celebrations?
> > According to this poll [1], the logo should be
> >

> https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Wikipedia-logo-es-millon-vector.svgbetween
> > May 16th and June 16th.Also, the link should go to
> >
> https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Anuncio_del_art%C3%ADculo_1_000_000
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > *Osmar Valdebenito G.*
> > **
> > Director Ejecutivo
> > A. C. Wikimedia Argentina
> >
> > [1]
> >

> https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Votaciones/2013/Conmemoraci%C3%B3n_del_mill%C3%B3n_de_art%C3%ADculos_de_Wikipedia
> >
> > 2013/5/17 Shlomi Fish <[hidden email]>
> >
> > > Hi all,

> > speakers
> version
> > of

> > > That's great! Thanks to all volunteers/admins/etc. .
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > >
> > >         Shlomi Fish
> > >
> > > --
> http://shlom.in/reply.

> Matthew Roth
> Global Communications Manager
> Wikimedia Foundation
> +1.415.839.6885 ext 6635
> www.wikimediafoundation.org
> *http://blog.wikimedia.org/*

> + Lucien

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Spanish Wikipedia first million

Matthew Roth
thanks, Lucien.
I created a draft and translated it here:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Blog/Drafts/Spanish_Wikipedia_1_million_articles

Anyone reading this should please feel free to edit the English translation
to make it better. I'll publish in 1-2 hours, depending on whether anyone
else makes edits.

thanks!
Matthew

On Fri, May 17, 2013 at 10:31 AM, Lucien leGrey <[hidden email]>wrote:

> Hi, Matthew. It is already published in spanish:
>
> http://blog.wikimedia.org.es/2013/05/wikipedia-en-espanol-supera-el-millon.html
>  and
> http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Anuncio_del_art%C3%ADculo_1_000_000
>
> Thanks and best regards,
>

> 2013/5/17 Matthew Roth <[hidden email]>
>
> > If you do a blog post to announce it, please let me know and I'll
> translate
> > to English. Or if you can give a rough English translation, I can clean
> it
> > up. Would be happy to publish on the Wikimedia Blog.
> >

> > On Fri, May 17, 2013 at 5:50 AM, Osmar Valdebenito
> > <[hidden email]>wrote:
> >
> > > Congratulations to all of us who have worked all these years to make
> this
> > > possible :D
> > > The change in the count is very innapropiate (someone said on our
> Village
> > > Pump it was like preparing for New Year's Eve and falling sleep in the
> > > counting and waking up the other day), but it doesn't take the credit
> of
> > > all the work that has been done.
> > >
> > > By the way, can someone update our logo for the celebrations?
> > > According to this poll [1], the logo should be
> > >

> https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Wikipedia-logo-es-millon-vector.svgbetween
> > > May 16th and June 16th.Also, the link should go to
> > >

> https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Anuncio_del_art%C3%ADculo_1_000_000
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > *Osmar Valdebenito G.*
> > > **
> > > Director Ejecutivo
> > > A. C. Wikimedia Argentina
> > >
> > > [1]
> > >

> https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Votaciones/2013/Conmemoraci%C3%B3n_del_mill%C3%B3n_de_art%C3%ADculos_de_Wikipedia

> > > speakers
> > version
> > > of

> > http://shlom.in/reply.

> > Matthew Roth
> > Global Communications Manager
> > Wikimedia Foundation
> > +1.415.839.6885 ext 6635
> > www.wikimediafoundation.org
> > *http://blog.wikimedia.org/*

> > + Lucien

Matthew Roth
Global Communications Manager
Wikimedia Foundation
+1.415.839.6885 ext 6635
www.wikimediafoundation.org
*http://blog.wikimedia.org/*

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Spanish Wikipedia first million

Lucien leGrey
Revised and OK.

Thank you very much,

2013/5/17 Matthew Roth <[hidden email]>

> thanks, Lucien.
> I created a draft and translated it here:
>
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Blog/Drafts/Spanish_Wikipedia_1_million_articles
>
> Anyone reading this should please feel free to edit the English translation
> to make it better. I'll publish in 1-2 hours, depending on whether anyone
> else makes edits.
>
> thanks!
> Matthew
>

> On Fri, May 17, 2013 at 10:31 AM, Lucien leGrey <[hidden email]
> >wrote:
>
> > Hi, Matthew. It is already published in spanish:
> >

> http://blog.wikimedia.org.es/2013/05/wikipedia-en-espanol-supera-el-millon.html
> >  and
> >
> http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Anuncio_del_art%C3%ADculo_1_000_000
> >
> > Thanks and best regards,
> >

> > 2013/5/17 Matthew Roth <[hidden email]>
> >
> > > If you do a blog post to announce it, please let me know and I'll
> > translate
> > > to English. Or if you can give a rough English translation, I can clean
> > it
> > > up. Would be happy to publish on the Wikimedia Blog.

> > this
> > Village
> the
> > of

> https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Wikipedia-logo-es-millon-vector.svgbetween
> > > >

> https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Anuncio_del_art%C3%ADculo_1_000_000

> https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Votaciones/2013/Conmemoraci%C3%B3n_del_mill%C3%B3n_de_art%C3%ADculos_de_Wikipedia

> > > version

> possible.

> > > http://shlom.in/reply.

> > > --
> > >
> > > Matthew Roth
> > > Global Communications Manager
> > > Wikimedia Foundation
> > > +1.415.839.6885 ext 6635
> > > www.wikimediafoundation.org
> > > *http://blog.wikimedia.org/*
> > >
> > > --
> > > + Lucien

> Matthew Roth
> Global Communications Manager
> Wikimedia Foundation
> +1.415.839.6885 ext 6635
> www.wikimediafoundation.org
> *http://blog.wikimedia.org/*

+ Lucien

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Spanish Wikipedia first million

Salvador A
Thank you Matt! Also, we are doing a little campaign of promotion in
Twitter with the hashtag #Wikipedia1millón If anyone want help.
El may 17, 2013 12:57 p.m., "Matthew Roth" <[hidden email]> escribió:

> thanks, Lucien.
> I created a draft and translated it here:
>
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Blog/Drafts/Spanish_Wikipedia_1_million_articles
>
> Anyone reading this should please feel free to edit the English translation
> to make it better. I'll publish in 1-2 hours, depending on whether anyone
> else makes edits.
>
> thanks!
> Matthew
>

> On Fri, May 17, 2013 at 10:31 AM, Lucien leGrey <[hidden email]
> >wrote:
>
> > Hi, Matthew. It is already published in spanish:
> >

> http://blog.wikimedia.org.es/2013/05/wikipedia-en-espanol-supera-el-millon.html
> >  and
> >
> http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Anuncio_del_art%C3%ADculo_1_000_000
> >
> > Thanks and best regards,
> >

> > 2013/5/17 Matthew Roth <[hidden email]>
> >
> > > If you do a blog post to announce it, please let me know and I'll
> > translate
> > > to English. Or if you can give a rough English translation, I can clean
> > it
> > > up. Would be happy to publish on the Wikimedia Blog.

> > this
> > Village
> the
> > of

> https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Wikipedia-logo-es-millon-vector.svgbetween
> > > >

> https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Anuncio_del_art%C3%ADculo_1_000_000

> https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Votaciones/2013/Conmemoraci%C3%B3n_del_mill%C3%B3n_de_art%C3%ADculos_de_Wikipedia

> > > version

> possible.

> > > http://shlom.in/reply.

> > > --
> > >
> > > Matthew Roth
> > > Global Communications Manager
> > > Wikimedia Foundation
> > > +1.415.839.6885 ext 6635
> > > www.wikimediafoundation.org
> > > *http://blog.wikimedia.org/*
> > >
> > > --
> > > + Lucien

> Matthew Roth
> Global Communications Manager
> Wikimedia Foundation
> +1.415.839.6885 ext 6635
> www.wikimediafoundation.org
> *http://blog.wikimedia.org/*

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Spanish Wikipedia first million

María Sefidari
El 17/05/2013, a las 14:50, Osmar Valdebenito <[hidden email]> escribió:

> Congratulations to all of us who have worked all these years to make this
> possible :D

+1! ¡Felicidades! :D

> The change in the count is very innapropiate (someone said on our Village
> Pump it was like preparing for New Year's Eve and falling sleep in the
> counting and waking up the other day), but it doesn't take the credit of
> all the work that has been done.

Yes, slightly anticlimactic. xD

I have a technical question. Do we know (or is there any way to find out) which was the specific 1 Million article (or, most probably, Anexo)? It'd be nice to know.

In any case, congrats to everyone!

Kind regards,

María

> By the way, can someone update our logo for the celebrations?
> According to this poll [1], the logo should be
> https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Wikipedia-logo-es-millon-vector.svgbetween
> May 16th and June 16th.Also, the link should go to
> https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Anuncio_del_art%C3%ADculo_1_000_000
>
> Thanks,
>
> *Osmar Valdebenito G.*
> **
> Director Ejecutivo
> A. C. Wikimedia Argentina
>
> [1]
> https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Votaciones/2013/Conmemoraci%C3%B3n_del_mill%C3%B3n_de_art%C3%ADculos_de_Wikipedia
>
> 2013/5/17 Shlomi Fish <[hidden email]>
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> On Thu, 16 May 2013 19:19:45 -0500
>> Salvador A <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi folks!
>>>
>>> Maybe many of you have it already noticed. Nevertheless, spanish speakers
>>> wikimedians want to share with you our joy of that the spanish version of
>>> Wikipedia has surpassed the million of articles.
>>>
>>> https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Especial:Estad%C3%ADsticas
>>>
>>> Thanks and congratulations to all volunteers that make it possible.
>>
>> That's great! Thanks to all volunteers/admins/etc. .
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>>        Shlomi Fish

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Spanish Wikipedia first million

ENWP Pine
   Felicitaciones a la española Wikipedia! http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Fogos_artificiais.jpg

Pine

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Spanish Wikipedia first million

Salvador A
To celebrate this milestone, Iberocoop chapters have made this video that
we share with you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SLw_Z8w604

Enjoy it!

Regards!

2013/5/17 ENWP Pine <[hidden email]>

>    Felicitaciones a la española Wikipedia!
> http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Fogos_artificiais.jpg
>
> Pine

*Salvador Alcántar*

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Spanish Wikipedia first million

Salvador A
Also, it's in Commons:

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Un_mill%C3%B3n_de_gracias,_de_Wikipedia_en_espa%C3%B1ol.webm

--