[Wikimedia-l] Strategic plans of the Wikimedia entities: could you link your strategy, please?

[Wikimedia-l] Strategic plans of the Wikimedia entities: could you link your strategy, please?

Ziko van Dijk-2
Hello,

At the Wikimedia Conference in Milan several people have asked me about the
strategy document of Wikimedia Nederland. We have the link on our chapter's
page on Meta Wiki:
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Nederland

Then, I looked up the Meta Wiki page "Strategy". It seems that the page can
use some update. I allowed myself to link to the WMF Strategic Plan, and
start a section with chapter strategies.

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Strategy

Would you like to make a link to your strategy document?

Kind regards
Ziko

Vereniging Wikimedia Nederland
dr. Ziko van Dijk, voorzitter
http://wikimedia.nl

Wikimedia Nederland
Postbus 167
3500 AD Utrecht

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Strategic plans of the Wikimedia entities: could you link your strategy, please?

metasj
Great idea, Ziko.   I helped clean up that page a bit also.

If you are part of planning for the future of wiki Projects as well -
such as Wikidata or Wikisource, please link to those docs (or just the
collector-bugs listing their top-priority feature requests) as well.

SJ

On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 6:22 PM, Ziko van Dijk <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> At the Wikimedia Conference in Milan several people have asked me about the
> strategy document of Wikimedia Nederland. We have the link on our chapter's
> page on Meta Wiki:
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Nederland
>
> Then, I looked up the Meta Wiki page "Strategy". It seems that the page can
> use some update. I allowed myself to link to the WMF Strategic Plan, and
> start a section with chapter strategies.
>
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Strategy
>
> Would you like to make a link to your strategy document?
>
> Kind regards
> Ziko

> Vereniging Wikimedia Nederland
> dr. Ziko van Dijk, voorzitter
> http://wikimedia.nl
>
> Wikimedia Nederland
> Postbus 167
> 3500 AD Utrecht

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Strategic plans of the Wikimedia entities: could you link your strategy, please?

Everton Zanella Alvarenga-3
Great idea. [2]

I think WMF independent consultants that work in Brazil could add
theirs and I invited my colleagues that support Wikimedia projects in
Brazil to do the same.

Tom

On Tue, Apr 23, 2013 at 12:09 AM, Samuel Klein <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Great idea, Ziko.   I helped clean up that page a bit also.
>
> If you are part of planning for the future of wiki Projects as well -
> such as Wikidata or Wikisource, please link to those docs (or just the
> collector-bugs listing their top-priority feature requests) as well.
>
> SJ
>
> On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 6:22 PM, Ziko van Dijk <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> At the Wikimedia Conference in Milan several people have asked me about the
>> strategy document of Wikimedia Nederland. We have the link on our chapter's
>> page on Meta Wiki:
>> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Nederland
>>
>> Then, I looked up the Meta Wiki page "Strategy". It seems that the page can
>> use some update. I allowed myself to link to the WMF Strategic Plan, and
>> start a section with chapter strategies.
>>
>> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Strategy
>>
>> Would you like to make a link to your strategy document?
>>
>> Kind regards
>> Ziko

>> Vereniging Wikimedia Nederland
>> dr. Ziko van Dijk, voorzitter
>> http://wikimedia.nl
>>
>> Wikimedia Nederland
>> Postbus 167
>> 3500 AD Utrecht

> Samuel Klein          @metasj           w:user:sj          +1 617 529 4266

Everton Zanella Alvarenga (also Tom)
"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more
useful than a life spent doing nothing."

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Strategic plans of the Wikimedia entities: could you link your strategy, please?

Craig Franklin
Excellent idea Ziko!  I have added the WMAU strategic plan (
http://www.wikimedia.org.au/wiki/Strategic_plan ) to the list on Meta also.

Cheers,
Craig Franklin
President - Wikimedia Australia

On 23 April 2013 09:21, Everton Zanella Alvarenga <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Great idea. [2]
>
> I think WMF independent consultants that work in Brazil could add
> theirs and I invited my colleagues that support Wikimedia projects in
> Brazil to do the same.
>
> Tom
>
> On Tue, Apr 23, 2013 at 12:09 AM, Samuel Klein <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Great idea, Ziko.   I helped clean up that page a bit also.
> >
> > If you are part of planning for the future of wiki Projects as well -
> > such as Wikidata or Wikisource, please link to those docs (or just the
> > collector-bugs listing their top-priority feature requests) as well.
> >
> > SJ
> >
> > On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 6:22 PM, Ziko van Dijk <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> At the Wikimedia Conference in Milan several people have asked me about
> the
> >> strategy document of Wikimedia Nederland. We have the link on our
> chapter's
> >> page on Meta Wiki:
> >> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Nederland
> >>
> >> Then, I looked up the Meta Wiki page "Strategy". It seems that the page
> can
> >> use some update. I allowed myself to link to the WMF Strategic Plan, and
> >> start a section with chapter strategies.
> >>
> >> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Strategy
> >>
> >> Would you like to make a link to your strategy document?
> >>
> >> Kind regards
> >> Ziko

> >> Vereniging Wikimedia Nederland
> >> dr. Ziko van Dijk, voorzitter
> >> http://wikimedia.nl
> >>
> >> Wikimedia Nederland
> >> Postbus 167
> >> 3500 AD Utrecht

> > Samuel Klein          @metasj           w:user:sj          +1 617 529
> 4266

> Everton Zanella Alvarenga (also Tom)
> "A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more
> useful than a life spent doing nothing."

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Strategic plans of the Wikimedia entities: could you link your strategy, please?

Fæ
On 22 April 2013 23:22, Ziko van Dijk <[hidden email]> wrote:
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Strategy
>
> Would you like to make a link to your strategy document?

I added a link to WMUK's five year strategy document, however I am
wondering if this might work even better if the links appeared in a
column of <http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Reports>?

This then becomes a more central place to find the status of all
chapters (and thorgs) which you can then compare to the published
strategy (and indeed, confirm if the have a published strategy).

Cheers,
Fae
--
[hidden email] http://j.mp/faewm