[Wikimedia-l] Thoughts on WMF-Community dynamics

[Wikimedia-l] Thoughts on WMF-Community dynamics

Chris Keating-2
I've put some of my thoughts about the dynamics of the WMF-Community
relationship into an essay on Meta, entitled "Why do They always get It
wrong?"

I thought I'd share it here. Hope it's useful!

https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:The_Land/Why_do_They_always_do_It_wrong

(It's not specifically addressed at any of the current challenges the
movement faces, though as it happens I first started thinking about writing
this when I was making notes for conversations with various people
explaining why I thought Arnnon Geshuri would need to resign).

Regards,

Chris

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Thoughts on WMF-Community dynamics

Richard Ames
Chris and all,

We need to define what communities we are talking about.....  I put
together a page https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Volunteer_Management
trying to define some of this.

The references on the page are worth reading (I think the page and
attached talk page are also....

Richard.