[Wikimedia-l] Unvisited App for easier photo collection

[Wikimedia-l] Unvisited App for easier photo collection

Kevin Rutherford
Hey all,

I realized at the Wikimedia Conference in Berlin that many people do not know that there is a phone app that you can use on your phone that searches for places to take photos, and then provides walking directions for them. It’s still in a bit of the development stage now for the iPhone, but one of the local New England persons (Faolin42, aka John Phelan) has developed this app, and since many photography sessions are coming up all over the world, I figured it might be a good time to let people know outside of New England that this exists: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mim1999.unvisited

Let me know if you have any questions, as I would be happy to answer them. I have also cc’d John on this list if anyone wants to contact him directly.

Kevin Rutherford

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Unvisited App for easier photo collection

HaeB
There is more information at
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Unvisited_app .

> Hey all,
>
> I realized at the Wikimedia Conference in Berlin that many people do not know that there is a phone app that you can use on your phone that searches for places to take photos, and then provides walking directions for them. It’s still in a bit of the development stage now for the iPhone, but one of the local New England persons (Faolin42, aka John Phelan) has developed this app, and since many photography sessions are coming up all over the world, I figured it might be a good time to let people know outside of New England that this exists: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mim1999.unvisited
>
> Let me know if you have any questions, as I would be happy to answer them. I have also cc’d John on this list if anyone wants to contact him directly.
>
> Kevin Rutherford

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Unvisited App for easier photo collection

Wiegand Alice
Great, now I know where to go tomorrow!
Alice.