[Wikimedia-l] Urgent problem on the Beta Wikiversity

[Wikimedia-l] Urgent problem on the Beta Wikiversity

Romaine Wiki-2
On Beta Wikiversity someone is active now who uses the project as his
personal notepad/sandbox. The pages created in Dutch are short Wikipedia
articles, copy of a message of the yearplan of WMNL, texts of Wikisource,
Wikinews articles, and for every person he contacted he creates a page. In
his communication towards those people he presents himself as Wikiversity
and says such in these pages. All these pages do not contain educational
content.

Another major issue is that private information is added to these pages,
privacy violation for no reason.

Another issue is the adding of copyrighted material

Because of there is no Dutch community there, nobody takes action. At the
moment the Dutch chapter is working on setting up an education program, but
the current material would discredit the attempt and we do not consider it
realistic to start up this project at Beta Wikiversity.

How to act?

Romaine

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Urgent problem on the Beta Wikiversity

Richard Symonds-3
Could you link to an example?

:-)
On 23 Jun 2014 04:36, "R W" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Beta Wikiversity someone is active now who uses the project as his
> personal notepad/sandbox. The pages created in Dutch are short Wikipedia
> articles, copy of a message of the yearplan of WMNL, texts of Wikisource,
> Wikinews articles, and for every person he contacted he creates a page. In
> his communication towards those people he presents himself as Wikiversity
> and says such in these pages. All these pages do not contain educational
> content.
>
> Another major issue is that private information is added to these pages,
> privacy violation for no reason.
>
> Another issue is the adding of copyrighted material
>
> Because of there is no Dutch community there, nobody takes action. At the
> moment the Dutch chapter is working on setting up an education program, but
> the current material would discredit the attempt and we do not consider it
> realistic to start up this project at Beta Wikiversity.
>
> How to act?
>
> Romaine

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Urgent problem on the Beta Wikiversity

Romaine Wiki-2
Sure, I pick some random pages:

* some of the copyright issues already have been removed in the past
days by admins
* yesterday he started creating pages about people who, at least some
of them, do not want to be on the internet with full name (as privacy
matter I do not want to put their names here in public)
* he contacts commercial marketing agencies and ask them to edit
articles: https://beta.wikiversity.org/wiki/Verbeteren_Haarlem-pagina_op_wikivoyage
* This page literally says: "At the end of 20120 in the backyard of
the building on the corner of the streets Fonteinlaan and Meester
Lottelaan two bulldozers are. What are they planning to do?" -
https://beta.wikiversity.org/wiki/Verbouwing_Fonteinlaan_Meester_Lottelaan
* lyrics from a Dutch song taken from Youtube:
https://beta.wikiversity.org/wiki/Zwarte_Piet_ging_uit_fietsen
* an overview of films he thinks are good:
https://beta.wikiversity.org/wiki/Films:_overzicht
* he has send a message on some forum on the internet that voicemail
should be set up different (under the name of Wikiversity):
https://beta.wikiversity.org/wiki/Oproep_aan_KPN_om_haar_voicemail_anders_in_te_richten
* a page which only says he has contacted the ministry of education,
culture, and science on Facebook
https://beta.wikiversity.org/wiki/Beloningsplan_op_Facebook_pagina_OCW
* recipes of meals, like:
https://beta.wikiversity.org/wiki/Tikka_masala_met_zalm  (there is a
cookbook on the Dutch Wikibooks)
* he heard a well known football player shouting "shut up" in Dutch
and created a page (imitation of Wikiquote):
https://beta.wikiversity.org/wiki/Hou-je-bek-man
* title says "Plant on the corner of the streets Fonteinlaan,
Helenalaan" with only a picture
https://beta.wikiversity.org/wiki/Plant_hoek_Fonteinlaan,_Helenalaan
* a book description of a child's book it seems, strange text:
https://beta.wikiversity.org/wiki/Stel_je_eens_voor..._boekbespreking_bzzr
* he asks a businessman to add information about himself on
Wikiversity or Wikipedia: https://beta.wikiversity.org/wiki/%26Samhoud
* an attempt of a news article? "In 2014 there has been much attention
in the media on Muslim youth in Syria and Iraq are fighting for their
religion." https://beta.wikiversity.org/wiki/Islam
* some kind of template in what is claimed that Wikiversity contacted
XXX: https://beta.wikiversity.org/wiki/Template_bedrijven
* a page about a businessman who is according the author of the
article stealing money: https://beta.wikiversity.org/wiki/Vestia
* a Wikipedia article: https://beta.wikiversity.org/wiki/Branche
* businesses can become a sponsor of a page on Wikiversity it says
here: https://beta.wikiversity.org/wiki/Kizumba_sponsor_programma
* "Wikiversity can do paid activities for you":
https://beta.wikiversity.org/wiki/Kizumba_sponsor_programma
* strange page but also asks to mail to an address:
https://beta.wikiversity.org/wiki/Wiskunde

This goes on and on and on, on many many pages...

On many pages he is aiming on getting businesses to add commercial
stuff on wiki's.

I have informed him multiple times, but replies with something like
that it are fine pages that match what (he thinks) Wikiversity is...

Romaine

On Mon Jun 23 08:04:55 UTC 2014 Richard Symonds wrote:
Could you link to an example?

:*-)
*On 23 Jun 2014 04:36, "R W" <romaine.wiki at gmail.com

>* On Beta Wikiversity someone is active now who uses the project as his
*>* personal notepad/sandbox. The pages created in Dutch are short Wikipedia
*>* articles, copy of a message of the yearplan of WMNL, texts of Wikisource,
*>* Wikinews articles, and for every person he contacted he creates a page. In
*>* his communication towards those people he presents himself as Wikiversity
*>* and says such in these pages. All these pages do not contain educational
*>* content.
*>>* Another major issue is that private information is added to these pages,
*>* privacy violation for no reason.
*>>* Another issue is the adding of copyrighted material
*>>* Because of there is no Dutch community there, nobody takes action. At the
*>* moment the Dutch chapter is working on setting up an education program, but
*>* the current material would discredit the attempt and we do not consider it
*>* realistic to start up this project at Beta Wikiversity.
*>>* How to act?
*>>* Romaine
*>* Wikimedia-l mailing list, guidelines at:
*>* https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Mailing_lists/Guidelines
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Mailing_lists/Guidelines>
*>* Wikimedia-l at lists.wikimedia.org
*>* Unsubscribe: