[Wikimedia-l] Visiting Wikimedian for the Wikimedia Conference 2019

[Wikimedia-l] Visiting Wikimedian for the Wikimedia Conference 2019

Cornelius Kibelka
Hi all,

In preparation for the upcoming Wikimedia Conference 2019 – which will take
place from March 29 to March 31 in Berlin, Germany[1] – we again launch a
call for a “Visiting Wikimedian”. This initiative aims to transfer
practical knowledge from the German chapter to other Wikimedia movement
affiliates and provides us with an outside view.

The scope of a “Visiting Wikimedian” is mainly to support the organization
of the Wikimedia Conference in terms of logistics and program. The “Visiting
Wikimedian” will be involved in all essential steps of the planning and
organizing process and will be able to contribute in multiple ways. We are
open to designing the tasks together, according to the Visiting Wikimedian’s
skills and experiences and her or his affiliate’s needs. We are especially
looking for a person who can apply the knowledge to an upcoming event, for
example if the affiliate is hosting a regional or international conference.

You can find more information about the initiative and all application
details on Meta.[2] We had three Visiting Wikimedians over the last years,
check also their blost posts on the linked on the Meta page.

If you are interested in becoming a Visiting Wikimedian, please check the
conditions and details on Meta and apply to [hidden email] until
September 19, 2019 (incl).

Best regards,
Cornelius

[1] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Conference_2019

[2] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Visiting_Wikimedian

--
Cornelius Kibelka
Program and Engagement Coordinator (PEC)

Tel. (030) 219 158 26-0
http://wikimedia.de

http://spenden.wikimedia.de/

Körperschaften I Berlin, Steuernummer 27/029/42207

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Visiting Wikimedian for the Wikimedia Conference 2019

Daniela Gentner
Dear all,

This is a friendly reminder that the deadline for submitting the
application for the Visiting Wikimedian program is on September 19, 2018.

Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to us.

Best regards,
Daniela

On Wed, 22 Aug 2018 at 14:11, Cornelius Kibelka <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> In preparation for the upcoming Wikimedia Conference 2019 – which will
> take place from March 29 to March 31 in Berlin, Germany[1] – we again
> launch a call for a “Visiting Wikimedian”. This initiative aims to
> transfer practical knowledge from the German chapter to other Wikimedia
> movement affiliates and provides us with an outside view.
>
> The scope of a “Visiting Wikimedian” is mainly to support the
> organization of the Wikimedia Conference in terms of logistics and program.
> The “Visiting Wikimedian” will be involved in all essential steps of the
> planning and organizing process and will be able to contribute in multiple
> ways. We are open to designing the tasks together, according to the
> Visiting Wikimedian’s skills and experiences and her or his affiliate’s
> needs. We are especially looking for a person who can apply the knowledge
> to an upcoming event, for example if the affiliate is hosting a regional or
> international conference.
>
> You can find more information about the initiative and all application
> details on Meta.[2] We had three Visiting Wikimedians over the last years,
> check also their blost posts on the linked on the Meta page.
>
> If you are interested in becoming a Visiting Wikimedian, please check the
> conditions and details on Meta and apply to [hidden email] until
> September 19, 2019 (incl).
>
> Best regards,
> Cornelius
>
> [1] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Conference_2019
>
> [2] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Visiting_Wikimedian
>

> --
> Cornelius Kibelka
> Program and Engagement Coordinator (PEC)
> for the Wikimedia Conference

> Tel. (030) 219 158 26-0
> http://wikimedia.de
>
> Stellen Sie sich eine Welt vor, in der jeder Mensch an der Menge allen
> Wissens frei teilhaben kann. Helfen Sie uns dabei!
> http://spenden.wikimedia.de/

> Körperschaften I Berlin, Steuernummer 27/029/42207

--
Daniela Gentner
Team Event

Tel. (030) 219 158 26-0