[Wikimedia-l] Що робить вас щасливими цього тижня? / What’s making you happy this week? (Week of 6 October 2019)

[Wikimedia-l] Що робить вас щасливими цього тижня? / What’s making you happy this week? (Week of 6 October 2019)

Pine W
Hello,

This week's email is late and short, for which I apologize. I have a
collection of information to share but I am trying to catch up on a backlog
of email and today is already so late in the week that I decided to send a
short email.

I thank WMF Engineering and Site Reliability Engineering (specifically
<https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/p/Marostegui/>MArostegui
<https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/p/Marostegui/>, Samwilson
<https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/p/Samwilson/>, and Joe
<https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/p/Joe/>) for timely engagement with a
problem that some users encountered in September. See
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T232698. Also see
https://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikitech-l/2019-October/092638.html
for the "Wikimedia Production Excellence" newsletter for August 2019.

The Commons Picture of the Day for 11 October 2019
<https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Desenka_meadow_2016_G1.jpg> was
taken in Ukraine. The description is "Meadow at dawn near Desenka railway
halt. Ukraine, Vinnytsia Oblast, Vinnytsia Raion." The photo was taken
by User:George
Chernilevsky <https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:George_Chernilevsky>.

Also, I would like to thank User:Ата
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:%D0%90%D1%82%D0%B0> for making rapid
translations into Ukranian on the few occasions that I have requested them,
including the Ukranian translation for this email's subject line. Ата
appears to be a frequent translator.

Additional translations of the subject line of this email would be
appreciated on Meta
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Pine/WMYHTW_translations>.

What’s making you happy this week? You are welcome to write in any
language. You are also welcome to start a WMYHTW thread next week.
Pine

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Що робить вас щасливими цього тижня? / What’s making you happy this week? (Week of 6 October 2019)

Vira Motorko
Yay, it's turn for the Ukrainian language in the topic!

That's actually the thing that immediately makes me [even more] happy =)

This week I have personally more time to serve my community translating
relevant information, and this feels good.
Besides, any time someone uses 'thank' button to thank for a translation
edit, I receive an emotional boost.

Not that I'm trying to make everything about me, but if you see some Meta
page available in your language, different from English, and appreciate
this fact — don't forget to show your appreciation to the translator. It
means A LOT.
*--*
*Vira Motorko // Віра Моторко*
mobile: +380667740499 | facebook: vira.motorko
<https://www.facebook.com/vira.motorko> | wikipedia: Ата
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Ата>

If this email is about your daily job and it reaches you outside of the
working hours, please, feel free to answer when it's appropriate! // Якщо
це робочий лист і Ви отримали його не в робочий час, будь ласка,
відповідайте, коли вважаєте за потрібне!

пт, 11 жовт. 2019 о 10:38 Pine W <[hidden email]> пише: