[Wikimedia-l] Which templates should be global?

[Wikimedia-l] Which templates should be global?

Amir E. Aharoni
Hallo,

TLDR: If you are an experienced editor on any Wikimedia project in any
language, please add your ideas here:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Which_templates_should_be_global

In more detail:

Continuing some recent discussions from Phabricator[1], Wikimedia
Hackathon, and Wikimedia Developers Summit, I'd like to ask the wider
community of editors in all projects:

Which templates could be useful for all Wikimedia projects, or at least for
_many_ projects?

A lot of templates are replicated manually, and it's a problem that is
well-known to all experienced editors. If there was a technology that
allows templates to be more conveniently globally managed, which templates
would you adapt to this technology first?

I started a list at
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Which_templates_should_be_global . Please
continue it! I'm very interested to hear from all projects and languages,
not only the big Wikipedias, so spread the word.

Thanks!

[1] For example https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T159334

http://aharoni.wordpress.com
‪“We're living in pieces,
I want to live in peace.” – T. Moore‬

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Which templates should be global?

Rich Farmbrough
Amir, I will certainly  try to respond!  I had a rather nice universal
deployment model pre-lua.