[Wikimedia-l] Why the quiet announcement of Wikimania 2015?

[Wikimedia-l] Why the quiet announcement of Wikimania 2015?

Billinghurst
Just wondering whether there is going to be a bigger announcement of
Wikimania 2015 going to be in Mexico City, than its appearance in the
WM2014 programme
https://wikimania2014.wikimedia.org/wiki/Programme

If the decision is announced on [[m:Wikimania 2015]] by the green text, I
think that is a very quiet way of doing things.  Seems that we can make a
bit of a bigger fuss.  Congrats Mexico City.

Regards, Billinghurst

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Why the quiet announcement of Wikimania 2015?

Billinghurst
On Thu, 05 Jun 2014 00:56:07 +1000, billinghurst <[hidden email]>
wrote:
> Just wondering whether there is going to be a bigger announcement of
> Wikimania 2015 going to be in Mexico City, than its appearance in the
> WM2014 programme
> https://wikimania2014.wikimedia.org/wiki/Programme
>
> If the decision is announced on [[m:Wikimania 2015]] by the green text,
> think that is a very quiet way of doing things.  Seems that we can make
> bit of a bigger fuss.  Congrats Mexico City.
>
> Regards, Billinghurst

Hmm, it was obviously just me missing it. And I only double-checked the
archives for May. <sigh>

Regards, Billinghurst (cleaning specs)