[Wikimedia-l] Wikidata used by other then Wikipedia

[Wikimedia-l] Wikidata used by other then Wikipedia

Anders Wennersten-2
We are now experiencing a couple of cases where third party uses data
from Wikidata to create user interface of  data from it without any use
of Wikipedia, to support their own systems. One is a genealogy website,
who use Wikidata to present where parish having genealogy records can be
found on a map, using coordinates etc  for these parisihes from
Wikidata. Another in an early phase is a water authority who will load
Wikidata with their data and present data from there.

Is this part of a trend, are there many cases like these?

Does statistics exist giving how many acesses goes to Wikidata from
3-parties? Are we missing these in our use statistic by focusing on
access to Wikipedia?

Anders

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Wikidata used by other then Wikipedia

metasj
Hah!  Which genealogy site is it?  A page on WD that compiles these (and
uses that don't use the API but use bulk data) would be lovely.