[Wikimedia-l] Wikimania 2020 will be on August 5-9. Bangkok, Thailand.

[Wikimedia-l] Wikimania 2020 will be on August 5-9. Bangkok, Thailand.

Roman Bustria Jr.
Dear Wikimedians,

I am delighted to announce that Wikimania 2020 will happen from 5-9 August,
2020 in Bangkok, Thailand.

We will announce other details in the upcoming weeks.

For now, you may start planning your Asian tour iterinary. You may consider
doing a side trip in other ESEAP countries like Myanmar, Cambodia, Japan
(Olympic Games), Philippines, Malaysia, Indonesia, Timor Leste, Taiwan,
Australia, New Zealand, South Korea, China, Vietnam, and many others.

Kind regards,

Butch Bustria
Wikimedia ESEAP

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Wikimania 2020 will be on August 5-9. Bangkok, Thailand.

Kiril Simeonovski
Dear Roman,

Thank you for announcing the dates of Wikimania 2020 and suggesting a trip
to other East Asian countries, including Japan for the Olympics, but was it
inevitable to schedule the event during the Olympics?

Best regards,
Kiril

On Tue, Oct 8, 2019 at 18:54 Roman Bustria Jr. <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear Wikimedians,
>
> I am delighted to announce that Wikimania 2020 will happen from 5-9 August,
> 2020 in Bangkok, Thailand.
>
> We will announce other details in the upcoming weeks.
>
> For now, you may start planning your Asian tour iterinary. You may consider
> doing a side trip in other ESEAP countries like Myanmar, Cambodia, Japan
> (Olympic Games), Philippines, Malaysia, Indonesia, Timor Leste, Taiwan,
> Australia, New Zealand, South Korea, China, Vietnam, and many others.
>

> Kind regards,
>
> Butch Bustria
> Wikimedia ESEAP

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Wikimania 2020 will be on August 5-9. Bangkok, Thailand.

metasj
Surely synchronized vandalfighting is in the pipeline for a future Olympic
lineup!

๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒŽ๐ŸŒ‘

On Tue., Oct. 8, 2019, 1:54 p.m. Kiril Simeonovski, <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear Roman,
>
> Thank you for announcing the dates of Wikimania 2020 and suggesting a trip
> to other East Asian countries, including Japan for the Olympics, but was it
> inevitable to schedule the event during the Olympics?
>
> Best regards,
> Kiril
>
> On Tue, Oct 8, 2019 at 18:54 Roman Bustria Jr. <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Dear Wikimedians,
> >
> > I am delighted to announce that Wikimania 2020 will happen from 5-9
> August,
> > 2020 in Bangkok, Thailand.
> >
> > We will announce other details in the upcoming weeks.
> >
> > For now, you may start planning your Asian tour iterinary. You may
> consider
> > doing a side trip in other ESEAP countries like Myanmar, Cambodia, Japan
> > (Olympic Games), Philippines, Malaysia, Indonesia, Timor Leste, Taiwan,
> > Australia, New Zealand, South Korea, China, Vietnam, and many others.
> >

> > Kind regards,
> >
> > Butch Bustria
> > Wikimedia ESEAP

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Wikimania 2020 will be on August 5-9. Bangkok, Thailand.

Ilario Valdelli
This question makes sense.

Probably people going in Japan and having a stop in Bangkok may generate
as consequence a higher flight ticket's cost.

Kind regards

On 08/10/2019 19:53, Kiril Simeonovski wrote:

> Dear Roman,
>
> Thank you for announcing the dates of Wikimania 2020 and suggesting a trip
> to other East Asian countries, including Japan for the Olympics, but was it
> inevitable to schedule the event during the Olympics?
>
> Best regards,
> Kiril
>
> On Tue, Oct 8, 2019 at 18:54 Roman Bustria Jr. <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Dear Wikimedians,
>>
>> I am delighted to announce that Wikimania 2020 will happen from 5-9 August,
>> 2020 in Bangkok, Thailand.
>>
>> We will announce other details in the upcoming weeks.
>>
>> For now, you may start planning your Asian tour iterinary. You may consider
>> doing a side trip in other ESEAP countries like Myanmar, Cambodia, Japan
>> (Olympic Games), Philippines, Malaysia, Indonesia, Timor Leste, Taiwan,
>> Australia, New Zealand, South Korea, China, Vietnam, and many others.
>>

>> Kind regards,
>>
>> Butch Bustria
>> Wikimedia ESEAP

Ilario Valdelli
Wikimedia CH
Verein zur Fรถrderung Freien Wissens
Association pour lโ€™avancement des connaissances libre
Switzerland - 8008 Zรผrich
Wikipedia: Ilario
Skype: valdelli
Tel: +41764821371
http://www.wikimedia.ch

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Wikimania 2020 will be on August 5-9. Bangkok, Thailand.

Philippe Beaudette-4
Well, if it wasn't BEFORE.... it surely must be NOW....