[Wikimedia-l] [Wikimedia Announcements] Announcing Community Fellow Peter Coombe

[Wikimedia-l] [Wikimedia Announcements] Announcing Community Fellow Peter Coombe

Siko Bouterse
It is my pleasure to introduce our newest Wikimedia Community Fellow of
2012, Peter Coombe. As a fellow, Pete will be working with the community to
improve help documentation on English Wikipedia. He’ll be leading a 6 month
effort and taking a data-driven approach to reorganize and rewrite key help
pages in order to make them more usable for new and experienced editors
alike.

Pete comes to the fellowships program with an impressive resume. He’s been
editing English Wikipedia as The
wub<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:The_wub>since 2005, he’s an
admin with over 75,000 global edits, and an active
member of Wikimedia UK. Pete volunteered on the Social Media Team in the
2010 Fundraiser, and worked as a Production Coordinator in 2011. He’s got a
B.A. and M.Sci. with honors in Natural Sciences from the University of
Cambridge, and much experience breaking down complex topics into clear
written information. He’s participated twice in a program at Cambridge to
create online teaching and learning modules on advanced materials science
and engineering topics. He’s also worked at The Helpful Book Company,
publishing books that teach senior citizens how to use computers.

Pete’s talent for making the complex seem simple, combined with his
experience A/B testing in the fundraiser and 7 years editing Wikipedia,
make him a great fit for his fellowship project. To follow his work or get
involved in the redesign project, please visit his project
page<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Help_pages_redesign_project>.
More info about Pete and his project are also on the WMF
blog<http://blog.wikimedia.org/2012/04/12/help-is-on-the-way-announcing-community-fellow-peter-coombe/>.
Welcome, Pete!
--
Siko Bouterse
Head of Community Fellowships

Please note: all replies sent to this mailing list will be immediately directed to Foundation-L, the public mailing list about the Wikimedia Foundation and its projects. For more information about Foundation-L:

Re: [Wikimedia-l] [Wikimedia Announcements] Announcing Community Fellow Peter Coombe

James Forrester-2
On Thursday, April 12, 2012, Siko Bouterse wrote:

> It is my pleasure to introduce our newest Wikimedia Community Fellow of
> 2012, Peter Coombe. As a fellow, Pete will be working with the community to
> improve help documentation on English Wikipedia. He’ll be leading a 6 month
> effort and taking a data-driven approach to reorganize and rewrite key help
> pages in order to make them more usable for new and experienced editors
> alike.
>
> Pete comes to the fellowships program with an impressive resume. He’s been
> editing English Wikipedia as The wub<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:The_wub>since 2005, he’s an admin with over 75,000 global edits, and an active
> member of Wikimedia UK. Pete volunteered on the Social Media Team in the
> 2010 Fundraiser, and worked as a Production Coordinator in 2011. He’s got a
> B.A. and M.Sci. with honors in Natural Sciences from the University of
> Cambridge, and much experience breaking down complex topics into clear
> written information. He’s participated twice in a program at Cambridge to
> create online teaching and learning modules on advanced materials science
> and engineering topics. He’s also worked at The Helpful Book Company,
> publishing books that teach senior citizens how to use computers.
>
> Pete’s talent for making the complex seem simple, combined with his
> experience A/B testing in the fundraiser and 7 years editing Wikipedia,
> make him a great fit for his fellowship project. To follow his work or get
> involved in the redesign project, please visit his project page<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Help_pages_redesign_project>.
> More info about Pete and his project are also on the WMF blog<http://blog.wikimedia.org/2012/04/12/help-is-on-the-way-announcing-community-fellow-peter-coombe/>.
> Welcome, Pete!

Fantastic news, and a great thing to push forward. Congratulations Peter!

J.

--
James D. Forrester
[hidden email] | [hidden email]

Re: [Wikimedia-l] [Wikimedia Announcements] Announcing Community Fellow Peter Coombe

metasj
That's excellent.  Kudos to the fellows team and good luck with your
project, Pete!  SJ

On Thu, Apr 12, 2012 at 3:22 PM, Siko Bouterse <[hidden email]> wrote:

> It is my pleasure to introduce our newest Wikimedia Community Fellow of
> 2012, Peter Coombe. As a fellow, Pete will be working with the community to
> improve help documentation on English Wikipedia. He’ll be leading a 6 month
> effort and taking a data-driven approach to reorganize and rewrite key help
> pages in order to make them more usable for new and experienced editors
> alike.
>
> Pete comes to the fellowships program with an impressive resume. He’s been
> editing English Wikipedia as The wub since 2005, he’s an admin with over
> 75,000 global edits, and an active member of Wikimedia UK. Pete volunteered
> on the Social Media Team in the 2010 Fundraiser, and worked as a Production
> Coordinator in 2011. He’s got a B.A. and M.Sci. with honors in Natural
> Sciences from the University of Cambridge, and much experience breaking down
> complex topics into clear written information. He’s participated twice in a
> program at Cambridge to create online teaching and learning modules on
> advanced materials science and engineering topics. He’s also worked at The
> Helpful Book Company, publishing books that teach senior citizens how to use
> computers.
>
> Pete’s talent for making the complex seem simple, combined with his
> experience A/B testing in the fundraiser and 7 years editing Wikipedia, make
> him a great fit for his fellowship project. To follow his work or get
> involved in the redesign project, please visit his project page.  More info
> about Pete and his project are also on the WMF blog.  Welcome, Pete!
>
> --
> Siko Bouterse
> Head of Community Fellowships
> Wikimedia Foundation, Inc.

Samuel Klein          identi.ca:sj           w:user:sj          +1 617 529 4266

Re: [Wikimedia-l] [Wikimedia Announcements] Announcing Community Fellow Peter Coombe

Kul Wadhwa
This is a HUGE need. Awesome! Great to have you tackling this. Good luck, Peter!

--Kul

On Thu, Apr 12, 2012 at 12:22 PM, Siko Bouterse <[hidden email]> wrote:

> It is my pleasure to introduce our newest Wikimedia Community Fellow of
> 2012, Peter Coombe. As a fellow, Pete will be working with the community to
> improve help documentation on English Wikipedia. He’ll be leading a 6 month
> effort and taking a data-driven approach to reorganize and rewrite key help
> pages in order to make them more usable for new and experienced editors
> alike.
>
> Pete comes to the fellowships program with an impressive resume. He’s been
> editing English Wikipedia as The wub since 2005, he’s an admin with over
> 75,000 global edits, and an active member of Wikimedia UK. Pete volunteered
> on the Social Media Team in the 2010 Fundraiser, and worked as a Production
> Coordinator in 2011. He’s got a B.A. and M.Sci. with honors in Natural
> Sciences from the University of Cambridge, and much experience breaking down
> complex topics into clear written information. He’s participated twice in a
> program at Cambridge to create online teaching and learning modules on
> advanced materials science and engineering topics. He’s also worked at The
> Helpful Book Company, publishing books that teach senior citizens how to use
> computers.
>
> Pete’s talent for making the complex seem simple, combined with his
> experience A/B testing in the fundraiser and 7 years editing Wikipedia, make
> him a great fit for his fellowship project. To follow his work or get
> involved in the redesign project, please visit his project page.  More info
> about Pete and his project are also on the WMF blog.  Welcome, Pete!
>
> --
> Siko Bouterse
> Head of Community Fellowships
> Wikimedia Foundation, Inc.