[Wikimedia-l] Wikimedia Bangladesh has completed its local registration in Bangladesh

[Wikimedia-l] Wikimedia Bangladesh has completed its local registration in Bangladesh

Tonmoy Khan
Dear All,

It gives me great pleasure to announce that Wikimedia Bangladesh (WMBD) has
successfully completed its local registration in Bangladesh. Our
application for registration was approved by the Registrar of Joint Stock
Companies & Firms - Bangladesh on 9th June, 2014 and I have collected the
certificate of registration today (10th June, 2014).

Wikimedia Bangladesh has been registered under the Societies Registration
Act of Bangladesh & our official name is Wikimedia Bangladesh Foundation.

The registration process was a very long and demanding one, but our
perseverance and determination finally prevailed. It has become very
difficult to get registration of a society/foundation in Bangladesh as the
incumbents have to have security clearance from the National Security
Intelligence (NSI) of Bangladesh, which is very difficult to get if not
impossible. In the course of dealing with the registration process of WMBD,
I learned that less than 5 applications for registration as societies get
approved out of every 100. We submitted our application in May 2012 and it
took us a little over two years to get the security clearance from NSI &
complete all the bureaucratic process!

It gives us a great sense of achievement that we could uphold the Wikimedia
movement volunteerism spirit with passion, integrity and professionalism
despite being a small volunteer community. The pending registration issue
could not hold us from doing outreach activities locally & taking in the
greater Wikimedia Movement. We organized some excellent programs, workshops
& meet-ups with our limited resources during this time period. This effort
successfully brought in good number of new contributors to Bengali
Wikipedia & increased the article count. Volunteers from WMBD/Bangladesh
are also actively participating in the international Wikimedia movement by
taking part in discussions, conferences & as committee members in different
Wikimedia committees.

We, as a chapter, want to make small but steady steps towards sustainable
progress in fostering the Wikimedia movement in Bangladesh so that we can
make the sum of all human knowledge accessible to the people of this region.

Cheers

Ali Haidar Khan (tOnmOy)
Treasurer
Wikimedia Bangladesh

"ভাবুনতো এমন এক পৃথিবীর কথা, যেখানে প্রতিটি মানুষ সমস্ত জ্ঞান বাধাহীন ভাবে
আদান প্রদান করতে পারবে। এটাই আমাদের অঙ্গীকার।"

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Wikimedia Bangladesh has completed its local registration in Bangladesh

Stevie Benton
That's fantastic news, congratulations form the UK!

Stevie

On 10 June 2014 18:28, Tonmoy Khan <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear All,
>

> It gives me great pleasure to announce that Wikimedia Bangladesh (WMBD) has
> successfully completed its local registration in Bangladesh. Our
> application for registration was approved by the Registrar of Joint Stock
> Companies & Firms - Bangladesh on 9th June, 2014 and I have collected the
> certificate of registration today (10th June, 2014).
>

> Wikimedia Bangladesh has been registered under the Societies Registration
> Act of Bangladesh & our official name is Wikimedia Bangladesh Foundation.
>
> The registration process was a very long and demanding one, but our
> perseverance and determination finally prevailed. It has become very
> difficult to get registration of a society/foundation in Bangladesh as the
> incumbents have to have security clearance from the National Security
> Intelligence (NSI) of Bangladesh, which is very difficult to get if not
> impossible. In the course of dealing with the registration process of WMBD,
> I learned that less than 5 applications for registration as societies get
> approved out of every 100. We submitted our application in May 2012 and it
> took us a little over two years to get the security clearance from NSI &
> complete all the bureaucratic process!
>

> It gives us a great sense of achievement that we could uphold the Wikimedia
> movement volunteerism spirit with passion, integrity and professionalism
> despite being a small volunteer community. The pending registration issue
> could not hold us from doing outreach activities locally & taking in the
> greater Wikimedia Movement. We organized some excellent programs, workshops
> & meet-ups with our limited resources during this time period. This effort
> successfully brought in good number of new contributors to Bengali
> Wikipedia & increased the article count. Volunteers from WMBD/Bangladesh
> are also actively participating in the international Wikimedia movement by
> taking part in discussions, conferences & as committee members in different
> Wikimedia committees.
>

> We, as a chapter, want to make small but steady steps towards sustainable
> progress in fostering the Wikimedia movement in Bangladesh so that we can
> make the sum of all human knowledge accessible to the people of this
> region.
>

> Cheers
>

> Ali Haidar Khan (tOnmOy)
> Treasurer
> Wikimedia Bangladesh
>
> "ভাবুনতো এমন এক পৃথিবীর কথা, যেখানে প্রতিটি মানুষ সমস্ত জ্ঞান বাধাহীন ভাবে
> আদান প্রদান করতে পারবে। এটাই আমাদের অঙ্গীকার।"

Stevie Benton
Head of External Relations
Wikimedia UK
+44 (0) 20 7065 0993 / +44 (0) 7803 505 173
@StevieBenton

Wikimedia UK is a Company Limited by Guarantee registered in England
and Wales, Registered No. 6741827. Registered Charity No.1144513.
Registered Office 4th Floor, Development House, 56-64 Leonard Street,
London EC2A 4LT. United Kingdom. Wikimedia UK is the UK chapter of a
global Wikimedia movement. The Wikimedia projects are run by the
Wikimedia Foundation (who operate Wikipedia, amongst other projects).

*Wikimedia UK is an independent non-profit charity with no legal
control over Wikipedia nor responsibility for its contents.*

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Wikimedia Bangladesh has completed its local registration in Bangladesh

Bence Damokos
Woohoo! Great news!

Best regards,
Bence

On Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 7:28 PM, Tonmoy Khan <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear All,
>

> It gives me great pleasure to announce that Wikimedia Bangladesh (WMBD) has
> successfully completed its local registration in Bangladesh. Our
> application for registration was approved by the Registrar of Joint Stock
> Companies & Firms - Bangladesh on 9th June, 2014 and I have collected the
> certificate of registration today (10th June, 2014).
>

> Wikimedia Bangladesh has been registered under the Societies Registration
> Act of Bangladesh & our official name is Wikimedia Bangladesh Foundation.
>
> The registration process was a very long and demanding one, but our
> perseverance and determination finally prevailed. It has become very
> difficult to get registration of a society/foundation in Bangladesh as the
> incumbents have to have security clearance from the National Security
> Intelligence (NSI) of Bangladesh, which is very difficult to get if not
> impossible. In the course of dealing with the registration process of WMBD,
> I learned that less than 5 applications for registration as societies get
> approved out of every 100. We submitted our application in May 2012 and it
> took us a little over two years to get the security clearance from NSI &
> complete all the bureaucratic process!
>

> It gives us a great sense of achievement that we could uphold the Wikimedia
> movement volunteerism spirit with passion, integrity and professionalism
> despite being a small volunteer community. The pending registration issue
> could not hold us from doing outreach activities locally & taking in the
> greater Wikimedia Movement. We organized some excellent programs, workshops
> & meet-ups with our limited resources during this time period. This effort
> successfully brought in good number of new contributors to Bengali
> Wikipedia & increased the article count. Volunteers from WMBD/Bangladesh
> are also actively participating in the international Wikimedia movement by
> taking part in discussions, conferences & as committee members in different
> Wikimedia committees.
>

> We, as a chapter, want to make small but steady steps towards sustainable
> progress in fostering the Wikimedia movement in Bangladesh so that we can
> make the sum of all human knowledge accessible to the people of this
> region.
>

> Cheers
>

> Ali Haidar Khan (tOnmOy)
> Treasurer
> Wikimedia Bangladesh
>
> "ভাবুনতো এমন এক পৃথিবীর কথা, যেখানে প্রতিটি মানুষ সমস্ত জ্ঞান বাধাহীন ভাবে
> আদান প্রদান করতে পারবে। এটাই আমাদের অঙ্গীকার।"

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Wikimedia Bangladesh has completed its local registration in Bangladesh

Vishnu t
Excellent news, Tonmoy! Congratulations!!

Best,
Vishnu

On Tuesday 10 June 2014 10:58 PM, Tonmoy Khan wrote:

> Dear All,
>

> It gives me great pleasure to announce that Wikimedia Bangladesh (WMBD) has
> successfully completed its local registration in Bangladesh. Our
> application for registration was approved by the Registrar of Joint Stock
> Companies & Firms - Bangladesh on 9th June, 2014 and I have collected the
> certificate of registration today (10th June, 2014).
>

> Wikimedia Bangladesh has been registered under the Societies Registration
> Act of Bangladesh & our official name is Wikimedia Bangladesh Foundation.
>
> The registration process was a very long and demanding one, but our
> perseverance and determination finally prevailed. It has become very
> difficult to get registration of a society/foundation in Bangladesh as the
> incumbents have to have security clearance from the National Security
> Intelligence (NSI) of Bangladesh, which is very difficult to get if not
> impossible. In the course of dealing with the registration process of WMBD,
> I learned that less than 5 applications for registration as societies get
> approved out of every 100. We submitted our application in May 2012 and it
> took us a little over two years to get the security clearance from NSI &
> complete all the bureaucratic process!
>

> It gives us a great sense of achievement that we could uphold the Wikimedia
> movement volunteerism spirit with passion, integrity and professionalism
> despite being a small volunteer community. The pending registration issue
> could not hold us from doing outreach activities locally & taking in the
> greater Wikimedia Movement. We organized some excellent programs, workshops
> & meet-ups with our limited resources during this time period. This effort
> successfully brought in good number of new contributors to Bengali
> Wikipedia & increased the article count. Volunteers from WMBD/Bangladesh
> are also actively participating in the international Wikimedia movement by
> taking part in discussions, conferences & as committee members in different
> Wikimedia committees.
>

> We, as a chapter, want to make small but steady steps towards sustainable
> progress in fostering the Wikimedia movement in Bangladesh so that we can
> make the sum of all human knowledge accessible to the people of this region.
>

> Cheers
>

> Ali Haidar Khan (tOnmOy)
> Treasurer
> Wikimedia Bangladesh
>
> "ভাবুনতো এমন এক পৃথিবীর কথা, যেখানে প্রতিটি মানুষ সমস্ত জ্ঞান বাধাহীন ভাবে
> আদান প্রদান করতে পারবে। এটাই আমাদের অঙ্গীকার।"

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Wikimedia Bangladesh has completed its local registration in Bangladesh

Lodewijk
Great to hear! I remember that you shared with us 'it might take a while'
but I never took it so excessively! Thanks for sticking through, and all
the best with the earned status. I hope it will help you a lot in your
activities.

Lodewijk

> Excellent news, Tonmoy! Congratulations!!
>
> Best,
> Vishnu
>

> On Tuesday 10 June 2014 10:58 PM, Tonmoy Khan wrote:
>
>> Dear All,
>>

>> It gives me great pleasure to announce that Wikimedia Bangladesh (WMBD)
>> has
>> successfully completed its local registration in Bangladesh. Our
>> application for registration was approved by the Registrar of Joint Stock
>> Companies & Firms - Bangladesh on 9th June, 2014 and I have collected the
>> certificate of registration today (10th June, 2014).
>>

>> Wikimedia Bangladesh has been registered under the Societies Registration
>> Act of Bangladesh & our official name is Wikimedia Bangladesh Foundation.
>>
>> The registration process was a very long and demanding one, but our
>> perseverance and determination finally prevailed. It has become very
>> difficult to get registration of a society/foundation in Bangladesh as the
>> incumbents have to have security clearance from the National Security
>> Intelligence (NSI) of Bangladesh, which is very difficult to get if not
>> impossible. In the course of dealing with the registration process of
>> WMBD,
>> I learned that less than 5 applications for registration as societies get
>> approved out of every 100. We submitted our application in May 2012 and it
>> took us a little over two years to get the security clearance from NSI &
>> complete all the bureaucratic process!
>>

>> It gives us a great sense of achievement that we could uphold the
>> Wikimedia
>> movement volunteerism spirit with passion, integrity and professionalism
>> despite being a small volunteer community. The pending registration issue
>> could not hold us from doing outreach activities locally & taking in the
>> greater Wikimedia Movement. We organized some excellent programs,
>> workshops
>> & meet-ups with our limited resources during this time period. This effort
>> successfully brought in good number of new contributors to Bengali
>> Wikipedia & increased the article count. Volunteers from WMBD/Bangladesh
>> are also actively participating in the international Wikimedia movement by
>> taking part in discussions, conferences & as committee members in
>> different
>> Wikimedia committees.
>>

>> We, as a chapter, want to make small but steady steps towards sustainable
>> progress in fostering the Wikimedia movement in Bangladesh so that we can
>> make the sum of all human knowledge accessible to the people of this
>> region.
>>

>> Cheers
>>

>> Ali Haidar Khan (tOnmOy)
>> Treasurer
>> Wikimedia Bangladesh
>>
>> "ভাবুনতো এমন এক পৃথিবীর কথা, যেখানে প্রতিটি মানুষ সমস্ত জ্ঞান বাধাহীন ভাবে
>> আদান প্রদান করতে পারবে। এটাই আমাদের অঙ্গীকার।"

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Wikimedia Bangladesh has completed its local registration in Bangladesh

Rodrigo Padula-2
Great news!!

Congratulations to all members of the Wikimedia Bangladesh!

Rodrigo Padula

> Dear All,
>

> It gives me great pleasure to announce that Wikimedia Bangladesh (WMBD) has
> successfully completed its local registration in Bangladesh. Our
> application for registration was approved by the Registrar of Joint Stock
> Companies & Firms - Bangladesh on 9th June, 2014 and I have collected the
> certificate of registration today (10th June, 2014).
>

> Wikimedia Bangladesh has been registered under the Societies Registration
> Act of Bangladesh & our official name is Wikimedia Bangladesh Foundation.
>
> The registration process was a very long and demanding one, but our
> perseverance and determination finally prevailed. It has become very
> difficult to get registration of a society/foundation in Bangladesh as the
> incumbents have to have security clearance from the National Security
> Intelligence (NSI) of Bangladesh, which is very difficult to get if not
> impossible. In the course of dealing with the registration process of WMBD,
> I learned that less than 5 applications for registration as societies get
> approved out of every 100. We submitted our application in May 2012 and it
> took us a little over two years to get the security clearance from NSI &
> complete all the bureaucratic process!
>

> It gives us a great sense of achievement that we could uphold the Wikimedia
> movement volunteerism spirit with passion, integrity and professionalism
> despite being a small volunteer community. The pending registration issue
> could not hold us from doing outreach activities locally & taking in the
> greater Wikimedia Movement. We organized some excellent programs, workshops
> & meet-ups with our limited resources during this time period. This effort
> successfully brought in good number of new contributors to Bengali
> Wikipedia & increased the article count. Volunteers from WMBD/Bangladesh
> are also actively participating in the international Wikimedia movement by
> taking part in discussions, conferences & as committee members in different
> Wikimedia committees.
>

> We, as a chapter, want to make small but steady steps towards sustainable
> progress in fostering the Wikimedia movement in Bangladesh so that we can
> make the sum of all human knowledge accessible to the people of this
> region.
>

> Cheers
>

> Ali Haidar Khan (tOnmOy)
> Treasurer
> Wikimedia Bangladesh
>
> "ভাবুনতো এমন এক পৃথিবীর কথা, যেখানে প্রতিটি মানুষ সমস্ত জ্ঞান বাধাহীন ভাবে
> আদান প্রদান করতে পারবে। এটাই আমাদের অঙ্গীকার।"

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Wikimedia Bangladesh has completed its local registration in Bangladesh

Carlos M. Colina
Excellent news! Congrats to everyone at WMBD!!!!

Carlos

Sent from Samsung Mobile

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Wikimedia Bangladesh has completed its local registration in Bangladesh

Asaf Bartov-2
Fantastic news!  I know how frustrating it has been for all of you.

Looking forward to continued collaboration!

    A.
On Jun 10, 2014 10:42 AM, "Rodrigo Padula" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
> by
> > taking part in discussions, conferences & as committee members in
> different
> > Wikimedia committees.
> >

> > We, as a chapter, want to make small but steady steps towards sustainable
> > progress in fostering the Wikimedia movement in Bangladesh so that we can
> > make the sum of all human knowledge accessible to the people of this
> > region.
> >

> > Cheers
> >

> > Ali Haidar Khan (tOnmOy)
> > Treasurer
> > Wikimedia Bangladesh
> >
> > "ভাবুনতো এমন এক পৃথিবীর কথা, যেখানে প্রতিটি মানুষ সমস্ত জ্ঞান বাধাহীন
> ভাবে
> > আদান প্রদান করতে পারবে। এটাই আমাদের অঙ্গীকার।"

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Wikimedia Bangladesh has completed its local registration in Bangladesh

Sydney Poore
Congratulations, I'm so pleased that the persistence and hard work paid
off.

This wonderful news for your chapter but also the whole  Wikimedia movement.

Warm regards,
Sydney Poore
User: FloNight
Wikipedian in Residence
at Cochrane Collaboration
On Jun 10, 2014 1:29 PM, "Tonmoy Khan" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear All,
>

> It gives me great pleasure to announce that Wikimedia Bangladesh (WMBD) has
> successfully completed its local registration in Bangladesh. Our
> application for registration was approved by the Registrar of Joint Stock
> Companies & Firms - Bangladesh on 9th June, 2014 and I have collected the
> certificate of registration today (10th June, 2014).
>

> Wikimedia Bangladesh has been registered under the Societies Registration
> Act of Bangladesh & our official name is Wikimedia Bangladesh Foundation.
>
> The registration process was a very long and demanding one, but our
> perseverance and determination finally prevailed. It has become very
> difficult to get registration of a society/foundation in Bangladesh as the
> incumbents have to have security clearance from the National Security
> Intelligence (NSI) of Bangladesh, which is very difficult to get if not
> impossible. In the course of dealing with the registration process of WMBD,
> I learned that less than 5 applications for registration as societies get
> approved out of every 100. We submitted our application in May 2012 and it
> took us a little over two years to get the security clearance from NSI &
> complete all the bureaucratic process!
>

> It gives us a great sense of achievement that we could uphold the Wikimedia
> movement volunteerism spirit with passion, integrity and professionalism
> despite being a small volunteer community. The pending registration issue
> could not hold us from doing outreach activities locally & taking in the
> greater Wikimedia Movement. We organized some excellent programs, workshops
> & meet-ups with our limited resources during this time period. This effort
> successfully brought in good number of new contributors to Bengali
> Wikipedia & increased the article count. Volunteers from WMBD/Bangladesh
> are also actively participating in the international Wikimedia movement by
> taking part in discussions, conferences & as committee members in different
> Wikimedia committees.
>

> We, as a chapter, want to make small but steady steps towards sustainable
> progress in fostering the Wikimedia movement in Bangladesh so that we can
> make the sum of all human knowledge accessible to the people of this
> region.
>

> Cheers
>

> Ali Haidar Khan (tOnmOy)
> Treasurer
> Wikimedia Bangladesh
>
> "ভাবুনতো এমন এক পৃথিবীর কথা, যেখানে প্রতিটি মানুষ সমস্ত জ্ঞান বাধাহীন ভাবে
> আদান প্রদান করতে পারবে। এটাই আমাদের অঙ্গীকার।"

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Wikimedia Bangladesh has completed its local registration in Bangladesh

Patricio Lorente
Congratulations, Tonmoy!

> [...]
>> > Wikipedia & increased the article count. Volunteers from WMBD/Bangladesh
>> > are also actively participating in the international Wikimedia movement
>> by
>> > taking part in discussions, conferences & as committee members in
>> different
>> > Wikimedia committees.
>> >

>> > We, as a chapter, want to make small but steady steps towards sustainable
>> > progress in fostering the Wikimedia movement in Bangladesh so that we can
>> > make the sum of all human knowledge accessible to the people of this
>> > region.
>> >

>> > Cheers
>> >

>> > Ali Haidar Khan (tOnmOy)
>> > Treasurer
>> > Wikimedia Bangladesh
>> >
>> > "ভাবুনতো এমন এক পৃথিবীর কথা, যেখানে প্রতিটি মানুষ সমস্ত জ্ঞান বাধাহীন
>> ভাবে
>> > আদান প্রদান করতে পারবে। এটাই আমাদের অঙ্গীকার।"

Blog: http://www.patriciolorente.com.ar
Identi.ca // Twitter: @patriciolorente

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Wikimedia Bangladesh has completed its local registration in Bangladesh

Cristian Consonni
Il 10/giu/2014 13:29 "Tonmoy Khan" <[hidden email]> ha scritto:

> Dear All,
>

> It gives me great pleasure to announce that Wikimedia Bangladesh (WMBD)
has

> successfully completed its local registration in Bangladesh. Our
> application for registration was approved by the Registrar of Joint Stock
> Companies & Firms - Bangladesh on 9th June, 2014 and I have collected the
> certificate of registration today (10th June, 2014).
>

> Wikimedia Bangladesh has been registered under the Societies Registration
> Act of Bangladesh & our official name is Wikimedia Bangladesh Foundation.
>
> The registration process was a very long and demanding one, but our
> perseverance and determination finally prevailed. It has become very
> difficult to get registration of a society/foundation in Bangladesh as the
> incumbents have to have security clearance from the National Security
> Intelligence (NSI) of Bangladesh, which is very difficult to get if not
> impossible. In the course of dealing with the registration process of
WMBD,
> I learned that less than 5 applications for registration as societies get
> approved out of every 100. We submitted our application in May 2012 and it
> took us a little over two years to get the security clearance from NSI &
> complete all the bureaucratic process!
>

> It gives us a great sense of achievement that we could uphold the
Wikimedia
> movement volunteerism spirit with passion, integrity and professionalism
> despite being a small volunteer community. The pending registration issue
> could not hold us from doing outreach activities locally & taking in the
> greater Wikimedia Movement. We organized some excellent programs,
workshops
> & meet-ups with our limited resources during this time period. This effort
> successfully brought in good number of new contributors to Bengali
> Wikipedia & increased the article count. Volunteers from WMBD/Bangladesh
> are also actively participating in the international Wikimedia movement by
> taking part in discussions, conferences & as committee members in
different
> Wikimedia committees.
>

> We, as a chapter, want to make small but steady steps towards sustainable
> progress in fostering the Wikimedia movement in Bangladesh so that we can
> make the sum of all human knowledge accessible to the people of this
region.

Congratulations for your achievement and thank you, Ali, and thanks to
everyone in WMBD that made this possible. After hearing this I will
complain a little less (just a little!) about Italian bureaucracy =P.

I'm looking forward to hearing more exciting news from Bangladesh in the
near future.

Cristian

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Wikimedia Bangladesh has completed its local registration in Bangladesh

Bishakha Datta
Wow, two years from start to finish!

Congratulations from across the border,
Bishakha
On Jun 10, 2014 11:31 PM, "Patricio Lorente" <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Congratulations, Tonmoy!

> > Fantastic news!  I know how frustrating it has been for all of you.
> >
> > Looking forward to continued collaboration!
> >
> >     A.
> > On Jun 10, 2014 10:42 AM, "Rodrigo Padula" <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> >> Great news!!
> >>
> >> Congratulations to all members of the Wikimedia Bangladesh!
> >>
> >> Rodrigo Padula

> (WMBD)
> >> has
> Stock
> the

> Registration
> Foundation.

> >> the
> not
> >> WMBD,
> get
> and
> >> it
> NSI &

> >> Wikimedia
> professionalism
> issue
> the
> >> workshops
> >> effort
> WMBD/Bangladesh
> movement
> >> by
> >> different

> sustainable
> can

> >> ভাবে

> Patricio Lorente
> Blog: http://www.patriciolorente.com.ar
> Identi.ca // Twitter: @patriciolorente

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Wikimedia Bangladesh has completed its local registration in Bangladesh

Nasir Khan
Yes, it took a long time to get the approval. But we waited with patience
and it is completed now. It is a big milestone for us and now it will be a
lot easier to take the next steps and prepare a perfect future plan.

--
*Nasir Khan Saikat*
www.nasirkhn.com

On Wed, Jun 11, 2014 at 12:08 AM, Bishakha Datta <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Wow, two years from start to finish!
>
> Congratulations from across the border,
> Bishakha
> On Jun 10, 2014 11:31 PM, "Patricio Lorente" <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Congratulations, Tonmoy!

> > > Fantastic news!  I know how frustrating it has been for all of you.
> > >
> > > Looking forward to continued collaboration!
> > >
> > >     A.

> > (WMBD)
> > Stock
> collected
> > the

> > Registration
> > Foundation.

> as
> Security
> > not
> of
> societies
> > get
> > and
> > NSI &

> > professionalism
> > issue
> > the
> > WMBD/Bangladesh
> > movement

> > sustainable
> we
> > can

> বাধাহীন

> > Patricio Lorente
> > Blog: http://www.patriciolorente.com.ar
> > Identi.ca // Twitter: @patriciolorente

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Wikimedia Bangladesh has completed its local registration in Bangladesh

Shabab Mustafa
Well, you may find it strange but it almost feels like being a father to
us. It was a really long and frustrating struggle. This achievement is a
great confidence boost up for all of us.

---
Shabab Mustafa
Com. Co-ordinator
Wikimedia Bangladesh

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Wikimedia Bangladesh has completed its local registration in Bangladesh

Katy Love
Congratulations to Wikimedia Bangladesh!

Katy

On Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 11:20 AM, Shabab Mustafa <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Well, you may find it strange but it almost feels like being a father to
> us. It was a really long and frustrating struggle. This achievement is a
> great confidence boost up for all of us.
>
> ---
> Shabab Mustafa
> Com. Co-ordinator
> Wikimedia Bangladesh

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Wikimedia Bangladesh has completed its local registration in Bangladesh

Pierre-Selim-2
Congratulations to the WBF

Pierre-Selim

wrote:

> Well, you may find it strange but it almost feels like being a father to
> us. It was a really long and frustrating struggle. This achievement is a
> great confidence boost up for all of us.
>
> ---
> Shabab Mustafa
> Com. Co-ordinator
> Wikimedia Bangladesh

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Wikimedia Bangladesh has completed its local registration in Bangladesh

Federico Leva (Nemo)
Tonmoy Khan, 10/06/2014 19:28:
> less than 5 applications for registration as societies get
> approved out of every 100. We submitted our application in May 2012

That's heroic, thanks.

Nemo

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Wikimedia Bangladesh has completed its local registration in Bangladesh

Lane Rasberry
Hello,

Ali is being modest.

Not only is Wikimedia Bangladesh among only the 5% who got NGO
registration, but they are also among the 1% to do it without paying anyone
a bribe. I have heard that they were asked for money many times to make
things go more quickly. Perhaps people outside the region do not know, but
there are a lot of desks that all want to stamp the registration papers
before giving the final approval. For a foreign-affiliated Internet
technology organization mostly run by younger people who have a
relationship to a major Internet property to be able to get a registration
without paying any bribe is probably unprecedented in the history of South
Asia. Getting a registration is something to be proud of, but getting it
completely honestly means that a lot of extra work went into the
registration just to keep a good reputation.

I am thrilled with the good example this sets and not only is having the
registration a wonderful thing for the Wikimedia community, but also this
shows an excellent precedent for all Bangladeshi community activists
because they have a bright example in Wikimedia Bangladesh that paying a
bribe is not necessary to get an NGO registration. This is really something
to publicize, stress, and note as a point of pride. No one should forget
this as it really takes a lot of sacrifices to do this without bribing and
in terms of cost, it actually is cheaper to save time and pay the bribes.

I hope that this encourages other organizations in Bangladesh to also file
their own NGO paperwork and accomplish whatever they feel ought to be done.

Congratulations a thousand times!

yours,

On Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 3:11 PM, Federico Leva (Nemo) <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Tonmoy Khan, 10/06/2014 19:28:
>
>  less than 5 applications for registration as societies get
>> approved out of every 100. We submitted our application in May 2012
>>

> That's heroic, thanks.
>
> Nemo

Lane Rasberry
user:bluerasberry on Wikipedia
206.801.0814

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Wikimedia Bangladesh has completed its local registration in Bangladesh

Anna Stillwell
Wow. Thank you, Lane, for spelling out the difficulty of making this
happen. It really places this accomplishment in context. It sounds like it
is more than a free knowledge win, it's also a win for Bangladesh civil
society.

Well done all! What an accomplishment. Wow. Congratulations.

On Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 12:47 PM, Lane Rasberry <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Ali is being modest.
>
> Not only is Wikimedia Bangladesh among only the 5% who got NGO
> registration, but they are also among the 1% to do it without paying anyone
> a bribe. I have heard that they were asked for money many times to make
> things go more quickly. Perhaps people outside the region do not know, but
> there are a lot of desks that all want to stamp the registration papers
> before giving the final approval. For a foreign-affiliated Internet
> technology organization mostly run by younger people who have a
> relationship to a major Internet property to be able to get a registration
> without paying any bribe is probably unprecedented in the history of South
> Asia. Getting a registration is something to be proud of, but getting it
> completely honestly means that a lot of extra work went into the
> registration just to keep a good reputation.
>
> I am thrilled with the good example this sets and not only is having the
> registration a wonderful thing for the Wikimedia community, but also this
> shows an excellent precedent for all Bangladeshi community activists
> because they have a bright example in Wikimedia Bangladesh that paying a
> bribe is not necessary to get an NGO registration. This is really something
> to publicize, stress, and note as a point of pride. No one should forget
> this as it really takes a lot of sacrifices to do this without bribing and
> in terms of cost, it actually is cheaper to save time and pay the bribes.
>
> I hope that this encourages other organizations in Bangladesh to also file
> their own NGO paperwork and accomplish whatever they feel ought to be done.
>
> Congratulations a thousand times!
>
> yours,
>

> On Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 3:11 PM, Federico Leva (Nemo) <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Tonmoy Khan, 10/06/2014 19:28:
> >
> >  less than 5 applications for registration as societies get
> >> approved out of every 100. We submitted our application in May 2012
> >>

> > That's heroic, thanks.
> >
> > Nemo

> Lane Rasberry
> user:bluerasberry on Wikipedia
> 206.801.0814

Anna Stillwell
Senior Learning and Org Dev Lead
Wikimedia Foundation
415.806.1536
www.wikimediafoundation.org

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Wikimedia Bangladesh has completed its local registration in Bangladesh

Wiegand Alice
Just great!
Thanks to all who kept on working to this important mark.

Alice.