[Wikimedia-l] Wikimedia Conference Russia 2018

[Wikimedia-l] Wikimedia Conference Russia 2018

Фархад Фаткуллин / Farhad Fatkullin
Dear colleagues,

This is just to let you know that this past weekend of 22-23 September we've successfully had our 12th Annual Wikimedia Russia Conference, dedicated to Wikimedia projects in the languages of Russia, as well as overall challenges of free knowledge creation and dissemination.

This year's event was held in Saint Petersburg with live YouTube broadcast from the main hall (Opening, presentations, Wiki-award 2018 & Free Knowledge 2018 Awarding Ceremonies, brainstorming around round table results & closing). With 32 languages of Russia having their own Wikipedias
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikipedias_in_the_languages_of_Russia/Tables , we naturally use Russian as the working language of our cross languistic community events. You can watch the presentations & access the slides from the program page below
https://ru.wikimedia.org/wiki/Вики-конференция_2018/Программа/en

The event happened to be quite interesting that we started even thinking about organizing simultaneous interpretation into English for foreign Wikimedians who don't speak/understand Russian.

regards,
farhad

--
Farkhad Fatkullin - Фархад Фаткуллин http://sikzn.ru/ Тел.+79274158066 / skype:frhdkazan / Wikipedia:frhdkazan

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Wikimedia Conference Russia 2018

Jack Gleeson
Congratulations on such a successful event!