[Wikimedia-l] Wikimedia Deutschland: Abraham Taherivand appointed Interim Executive Director

[Wikimedia-l] Wikimedia Deutschland: Abraham Taherivand appointed Interim Executive Director

Tim Moritz Hector-2
Dear Wikimedians,

Earlier this week I informed you that Christian Rickerts might become the
Undersecretary of State for the new Berlin ministry of economy, energy and
enterprises. This has been confirmed today and Christian has stepped down
from his WMDE role.

I am very pleased to announce that the WMDE Supervisory Board appointed
Abraham Taherivand as Interim Executive Director as of 8 December 2016.

Abraham has joined WMDE in March 2012 and is the Head of our Software
Development department. He has been on the transition team during the last
ED search, has headed our works council and has been appointed deputy of
the Executive Director recently. In his multiple roles, Abraham’s decisions
have always been made in the sense of the Wikimedia Deutschland as a whole.
With immediate effect, he has the full rights and duties of the Executive
Director and will also continue to lead the Software Development Department.

This solution allows us as a board to approach the next steps with the
necessary calmness and deliberate thought. On 28-29 January 2017, we will
meet for our regular board retreat and discuss all questions regarding the
permanent filling of the ED position.

Christian, once again a big thank you for your work with us.
Congratulations and a good start in politics. I would like to thank you,
Abraham, for your agreement to take on this crucial task and look forward
to the further, close cooperation with you!

I will keep you posted on future updates in the transition process.

For the Supervisory Board
Tim Moritz Hector
Chair

--
Tim Moritz Hector
Chair of the Board

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Wikimedia Deutschland: Abraham Taherivand appointed Interim Executive Director

Christophe Henner-3
Congratulation Abraham.

I'm not sure welcome would be appropriate, but welcome into our new role :)

Christophe HENNER
Chair of the board of trustees
[hidden email]
+33650664739

twitter *@schiste*        skype *christophe_henner*

On Thu, Dec 8, 2016 at 3:51 PM, Tim Moritz Hector <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear Wikimedians,
>
> Earlier this week I informed you that Christian Rickerts might become the
> Undersecretary of State for the new Berlin ministry of economy, energy and
> enterprises. This has been confirmed today and Christian has stepped down
> from his WMDE role.
>
> I am very pleased to announce that the WMDE Supervisory Board appointed
> Abraham Taherivand as Interim Executive Director as of 8 December 2016.
>
> Abraham has joined WMDE in March 2012 and is the Head of our Software
> Development department. He has been on the transition team during the last
> ED search, has headed our works council and has been appointed deputy of
> the Executive Director recently. In his multiple roles, Abraham’s decisions
> have always been made in the sense of the Wikimedia Deutschland as a whole.
> With immediate effect, he has the full rights and duties of the Executive
> Director and will also continue to lead the Software Development
> Department.
>
> This solution allows us as a board to approach the next steps with the
> necessary calmness and deliberate thought. On 28-29 January 2017, we will
> meet for our regular board retreat and discuss all questions regarding the
> permanent filling of the ED position.
>
> Christian, once again a big thank you for your work with us.
> Congratulations and a good start in politics. I would like to thank you,
> Abraham, for your agreement to take on this crucial task and look forward
> to the further, close cooperation with you!
>
> I will keep you posted on future updates in the transition process.
>
> For the Supervisory Board
> Tim Moritz Hector
> Chair
>
> --
> Tim Moritz Hector
> Chair of the Board
> Wikimedia Deutschland

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Wikimedia Deutschland: Abraham Taherivand appointed Interim Executive Director

Christian Rickerts
Dear Wikimedians,

As Tim has already written, with effect from today I have stepped down from
the position as Executive Director and handed over the business to Abraham.
Tomorrow I will take the oath in my new position.

I am looking back today at an incredible exciting, busy and funny time and
I am proud to see what we were able to achieve together. I also want to
thank you for all the warm and cheering messages I received after Tims
announcement.

WMDE is in very good hands with Abraham, with a great team and solid
structures and processes in place. Therefore I am leaving with a tear in
one eye and a smile in the other.

Congratulation Abraham (!) and good bye,

Christian

Am 08.12.2016 15:52 schrieb "Tim Moritz Hector" <
[hidden email]>:

[...]

Dan Garry
Congratulations Christian! Having an advocate for the Wikimedia movement in
such a position is definitely a good thing. :-)

And, congratulations Abraham! I look forward to working with you in your
new role.

Dan

On 8 December 2016 at 16:47, Christian Rickerts <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear Wikimedians,
>
> As Tim has already written, with effect from today I have stepped down from
> the position as Executive Director and handed over the business to Abraham.
> Tomorrow I will take the oath in my new position.
>
> I am looking back today at an incredible exciting, busy and funny time and
> I am proud to see what we were able to achieve together. I also want to
> thank you for all the warm and cheering messages I received after Tims
> announcement.
>
> WMDE is in very good hands with Abraham, with a great team and solid
> structures and processes in place. Therefore I am leaving with a tear in
> one eye and a smile in the other.
>
> Congratulation Abraham (!) and good bye,
>
> Christian
>
> Am 08.12.2016 15:52 schrieb "Tim Moritz Hector" <
> [hidden email]>:
>
> Dear Wikimedians,
>
> Earlier this week I informed you that Christian Rickerts might become the
> Undersecretary of State for the new Berlin ministry of economy, energy and
> enterprises. This has been confirmed today and Christian has stepped down
> from his WMDE role.
>
> I am very pleased to announce that the WMDE Supervisory Board appointed
> Abraham Taherivand as Interim Executive Director as of 8 December 2016.
>
> Abraham has joined WMDE in March 2012 and is the Head of our Software
> Development department. He has been on the transition team during the last
> ED search, has headed our works council and has been appointed deputy of
> the Executive Director recently. In his multiple roles, Abraham’s decisions
> have always been made in the sense of the Wikimedia Deutschland as a whole.
> With immediate effect, he has the full rights and duties of the Executive
> Director and will also continue to lead the Software Development
> Department.
>
> This solution allows us as a board to approach the next steps with the
> necessary calmness and deliberate thought. On 28-29 January 2017, we will
> meet for our regular board retreat and discuss all questions regarding the
> permanent filling of the ED position.
>
> Christian, once again a big thank you for your work with us.
> Congratulations and a good start in politics. I would like to thank you,
> Abraham, for your agreement to take on this crucial task and look forward
> to the further, close cooperation with you!
>
> I will keep you posted on future updates in the transition process.
>
> For the Supervisory Board
> Tim Moritz Hector
> Chair
>
> --
> Tim Moritz Hector
> Chair of the Board
> Wikimedia Deutschland

Dan Garry
Lead Product Manager, Discovery

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Wikimedia Deutschland: Abraham Taherivand appointed Interim Executive Director

Sydney Poore
Congratulations to Abraham Taherivand for his new role as Interim
Executive Director, and to Christian for moving into his new position
as Undersecretary.

And I want to recognize the good work of the WMDE Supervisory Board
for managing this transition process well.
Sydney
Sydney Poore
User:FloNight

On Thu, Dec 8, 2016 at 12:19 PM, Dan Garry <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
>> permanent filling of the ED position.
>>
>> Christian, once again a big thank you for your work with us.
>> Congratulations and a good start in politics. I would like to thank you,
>> Abraham, for your agreement to take on this crucial task and look forward
>> to the further, close cooperation with you!
>>
>> I will keep you posted on future updates in the transition process.
>>
>> For the Supervisory Board
>> Tim Moritz Hector
>> Chair
>>
>> --
>> Tim Moritz Hector
>> Chair of the Board
>> Wikimedia Deutschland

> Dan Garry
> Lead Product Manager, Discovery
> Wikimedia Foundation

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Wikimedia Deutschland: Abraham Taherivand appointed Interim Executive Director

Katy Love
Congratulations, Abraham, on this important interim role!!

Katy

On Thu, Dec 8, 2016 at 11:13 AM, Sydney Poore <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> [...]
> >> permanent filling of the ED position.
> >>
> >> Christian, once again a big thank you for your work with us.
> >> Congratulations and a good start in politics. I would like to thank you,
> >> Abraham, for your agreement to take on this crucial task and look
> forward
> >> to the further, close cooperation with you!
> >>
> >> I will keep you posted on future updates in the transition process.
> >>
> >> For the Supervisory Board
> >> Tim Moritz Hector
> >> Chair
> >>
> >> --
> >> Tim Moritz Hector
> >> Chair of the Board
> >> Wikimedia Deutschland

> > Dan Garry
> > Lead Product Manager, Discovery
> > Wikimedia Foundation

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Wikimedia Deutschland: Abraham Taherivand appointed Interim Executive Director

Arthur Richards-2
Congrats to you both, Christian and Abraham!

On Thu, Dec 8, 2016 at 1:43 PM Katy Love <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Congratulations, Abraham, on this important interim role!!
>
> Katy
>
> On Thu, Dec 8, 2016 at 11:13 AM, Sydney Poore <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Congratulations to Abraham Taherivand for his new role as Interim
> > Executive Director, and to Christian for moving into his new position
> > as Undersecretary.
> >
> > And I want to recognize the good work of the WMDE Supervisory Board
> > for managing this transition process well.
> > Sydney
> > Sydney Poore
> > User:FloNight
> >

> > On Thu, Dec 8, 2016 at 12:19 PM, Dan Garry <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > Congratulations Christian! Having an advocate for the Wikimedia
> movement
> > in
> > > such a position is definitely a good thing. :-)
> > >
> > > And, congratulations Abraham! I look forward to working with you in
> your
> > > new role.
> > >
> > > Dan

> > from
> > Abraham.

> > and

> in

> > the
> > and
> > down

> appointed
> 2016.

> > last
> of
> > decisions
> > whole.
> > Executive

> > will
> > the

> you,
> > forward

> > > --
> > > Dan Garry
> > > Lead Product Manager, Discovery
> > > Wikimedia Foundation

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Wikimedia Deutschland: Abraham Taherivand appointed Interim Executive Director

Nurunnaby Hasive-2
Congratulation Abraham!

-Hasive
WMBD
@nhasive

On Fri, Dec 9, 2016 at 2:46 AM, Arthur Richards <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Congrats to you both, Christian and Abraham!
>

> On Thu, Dec 8, 2016 at 1:43 PM Katy Love <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> > Congratulations, Abraham, on this important interim role!!
>

> > Katy
>

> > On Thu, Dec 8, 2016 at 11:13 AM, Sydney Poore <[hidden email]>
>
> > wrote:
>

> > > Congratulations to Abraham Taherivand for his new role as Interim
>
> > > Executive Director, and to Christian for moving into his new position
>
> > > as Undersecretary.
>

> > > And I want to recognize the good work of the WMDE Supervisory Board
>
> > > for managing this transition process well.
>
> > > Sydney
>
> > > Sydney Poore
>
> > > User:FloNight

> > movement
>
> > > in

> > your

> down
>
> > > from

> > > Abraham.

> time
>
> > > and

> Tims

> tear
>
> > in

> become
>
> > > the

> energy
>
> > > and

> > > down

> > appointed

> > 2016.

> Software

> the
>
> > > last

> deputy
>
> > of

> > > decisions

> > > whole.

> > > Executive

> the

> > > will

> regarding
>
> > > the

> > you,

> > > forward

> https://meta.wikimedia.org/

> > ,

> ?subject=unsubscribe>

> https://meta.wikimedia.org/

> > ,

> ?subject=unsubscribe>

Nurunnaby Chowdhury (Hasive) @nhasive • www.fb.com/NCHasive Sent from my
iPhone 6 Plus device

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Wikimedia Deutschland: Abraham Taherivand appointed Interim Executive Director

Sam Klein
Wow.  Congratulations to you both, and to WMDE for the smooh transition. I
hope to see great things in the future, in Berlin and in WMDE.

Abraham, warmest welcome to the wikiverse.

Sam

On Thu, Dec 8, 2016 at 11:47 AM, Christian Rickerts <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear Wikimedians,
>
> As Tim has already written, with effect from today I have stepped down from
> the position as Executive Director and handed over the business to Abraham.
> Tomorrow I will take the oath in my new position.
>
> I am looking back today at an incredible exciting, busy and funny time and
> I am proud to see what we were able to achieve together. I also want to
> thank you for all the warm and cheering messages I received after Tims
> announcement.
>
> WMDE is in very good hands with Abraham, with a great team and solid
> structures and processes in place. Therefore I am leaving with a tear in
> one eye and a smile in the other.
>
> Congratulation Abraham (!) and good bye,
>
> Christian
>
> Am 08.12.2016 15:52 schrieb "Tim Moritz Hector" <
> [hidden email]>:
>
> Dear Wikimedians,
>
> Earlier this week I informed you that Christian Rickerts might become the
> Undersecretary of State for the new Berlin ministry of economy, energy and
> enterprises. This has been confirmed today and Christian has stepped down
> from his WMDE role.
>
> I am very pleased to announce that the WMDE Supervisory Board appointed
> Abraham Taherivand as Interim Executive Director as of 8 December 2016.
>
> Abraham has joined WMDE in March 2012 and is the Head of our Software
> Development department. He has been on the transition team during the last
> ED search, has headed our works council and has been appointed deputy of
> the Executive Director recently. In his multiple roles, Abraham’s decisions
> have always been made in the sense of the Wikimedia Deutschland as a whole.
> With immediate effect, he has the full rights and duties of the Executive
> Director and will also continue to lead the Software Development
> Department.
>
> This solution allows us as a board to approach the next steps with the
> necessary calmness and deliberate thought. On 28-29 January 2017, we will
> meet for our regular board retreat and discuss all questions regarding the
> permanent filling of the ED position.
>
> Christian, once again a big thank you for your work with us.
> Congratulations and a good start in politics. I would like to thank you,
> Abraham, for your agreement to take on this crucial task and look forward
> to the further, close cooperation with you!
>
> I will keep you posted on future updates in the transition process.
>
> For the Supervisory Board
> Tim Moritz Hector
> Chair
>
> --
> Tim Moritz Hector
> Chair of the Board
> Wikimedia Deutschland

Samuel Klein          @metasj          w:user:sj          +1 617 529 4266

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Wikimedia Deutschland: Abraham Taherivand appointed Interim Executive Director

Katherine Maher
Congratulations Abraham. Welcome to the new role! And many thanks to WMDE's
Board and staff for working together to facilitate a smooth transition.

On Sat, Dec 10, 2016 at 11:30 PM, Sam Klein <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
> whole.
> > With immediate effect, he has the full rights and duties of the Executive
> > Director and will also continue to lead the Software Development
> > Department.
> >
> > This solution allows us as a board to approach the next steps with the
> > necessary calmness and deliberate thought. On 28-29 January 2017, we will
> > meet for our regular board retreat and discuss all questions regarding
> the
> > permanent filling of the ED position.
> >
> > Christian, once again a big thank you for your work with us.
> > Congratulations and a good start in politics. I would like to thank you,
> > Abraham, for your agreement to take on this crucial task and look forward
> > to the further, close cooperation with you!
> >
> > I will keep you posted on future updates in the transition process.

149 New Montgomery Street
San Francisco, CA 94105

+1 (415) 839-6885 ext. 6635
+1 (415) 712 4873

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Wikimedia Deutschland: Abraham Taherivand appointed Interim Executive Director

Anne Gomez
Congratulations to both of you, Abraham and Christian!

Anne

On Sun, Dec 11, 2016 at 2:10 PM, Katherine Maher <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> [...]
> Executive
> > > Director and will also continue to lead the Software Development
> > > Department.
> > >
> > > This solution allows us as a board to approach the next steps with the
> > > necessary calmness and deliberate thought. On 28-29 January 2017, we
> will
> > > meet for our regular board retreat and discuss all questions regarding
> > the
> > > permanent filling of the ED position.
> > >
> > > Christian, once again a big thank you for your work with us.
> > > Congratulations and a good start in politics. I would like to thank
> you,
> > > Abraham, for your agreement to take on this crucial task and look
> forward
> > > to the further, close cooperation with you!
> > >
> > > I will keep you posted on future updates in the transition process.

*Anne Gomez* // Reading Product Manager, New Readers
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/New_Readers>
https://wikimediafoundation.org/

sum of all knowledge. That's our commitment. Donate
<http://donate.wikimedia.org>. *