[Wikimedia-l] Wikimedia France short update

[Wikimedia-l] Wikimedia France short update

Florence Devouard-2
I thought the electoral commission would forward the results but over
24h hours after the GA closed... apparently not.

So very brief summary:

Saturday, Wikimedia France held a full day General Assembly.

The agenda was here :
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimédia_France/Assemblée_générale/septembre_2017

Results of votes are available there :
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/04/WMFR_AG_2017-09-09.pdf

Key points
* Emeric (chairman until end of June) resigned the day prior to the
General Assembly
* the remaining board (5 people) was constituted of Samuel (Chair),
Marie-Alice (Vice Chair), FloFlo (treasurer), Edouard and Florence
Raymond (not me...)
* Raymond, who was an appointed board member, was confirmed by the
General Assembly
* the General Assembly voted by 73% the "lack of trust" in the previous
board
* however, the General Assembly voted to retain the remainer of the
previous board despite the distrust, in order to allow transfer of
information and to support the new board during the audit.
* Floflo and Edouard will finish their term in 6 weeks (may resign
earlier). Samuel and Marie-Alice indicated they would resign at the
earliest convenience, only staying to help the transition and the audit

* 6 new people were elected on the board. 4 for slightly more than a
year, 2 for a duration of 6 weeks. All of those are experienced members,
including former board members and former president (I suppose
presentations will follow next week)
* the chapter mailing list is reopened
* the members whose new memberships or renewal had been rejected will be
invited to re-apply
* the prior vote passed in July to expell members will be cancelled
* the GA also voted to support the adoption of a non-discrimination
policy, for a complete revamping of the conflict of interest committee,
and for a financial audit to be done.

Sides notes

Next General Assembly will take place around 20th of October and will be
the opportunity to elect new board members to fill the remaining seats.
Except for the appointed board member, it is likely the board will be
entirely renewed in the next few weeks (compared to this last summer one).

Also, WMF published two documents to guide the next few months

WMFr site visit report - septembre 2017
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/WMFr_site_visit_report_-_septembre_2017

Grant expectations for Wikimedia France - 2017-2018
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grant_expectations_for_Wikimedia_France_-_2017-2018

I wish the best to the new board. They have a lot of work to do to
rebuild the complete mess left by the previous management. Please, help
them as much as you can.

Florence

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Wikimedia France short update

Patricio Lorente
Thanks, Florence, for the info. Wish the best to the new Board and to
Wikimedia France.

El dom., 10 de sep. de 2017 a la(s) 21:13, Florence Devouard <
[hidden email]> escribió:

> I thought the electoral commission would forward the results but over
> 24h hours after the GA closed... apparently not.
>

> So very brief summary:
>

> Saturday, Wikimedia France held a full day General Assembly.
>

> The agenda was here :
>
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimédia_France/Assemblée_générale/septembre_2017
>
> Results of votes are available there :
> https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/04/WMFR_AG_2017-09-09.pdf
>

> Key points
> * Emeric (chairman until end of June) resigned the day prior to the
> General Assembly
> * the remaining board (5 people) was constituted of Samuel (Chair),
> Marie-Alice (Vice Chair), FloFlo (treasurer), Edouard and Florence
> Raymond (not me...)
> * Raymond, who was an appointed board member, was confirmed by the
> General Assembly
> * the General Assembly voted by 73% the "lack of trust" in the previous
> board
> * however, the General Assembly voted to retain the remainer of the
> previous board despite the distrust, in order to allow transfer of
> information and to support the new board during the audit.
> * Floflo and Edouard will finish their term in 6 weeks (may resign
> earlier). Samuel and Marie-Alice indicated they would resign at the
> earliest convenience, only staying to help the transition and the audit
>
> * 6 new people were elected on the board. 4 for slightly more than a
> year, 2 for a duration of 6 weeks. All of those are experienced members,
> including former board members and former president (I suppose
> presentations will follow next week)
> * the chapter mailing list is reopened
> * the members whose new memberships or renewal had been rejected will be
> invited to re-apply
> * the prior vote passed in July to expell members will be cancelled
> * the GA also voted to support the adoption of a non-discrimination
> policy, for a complete revamping of the conflict of interest committee,
> and for a financial audit to be done.
>
> Sides notes
>
> Next General Assembly will take place around 20th of October and will be
> the opportunity to elect new board members to fill the remaining seats.
> Except for the appointed board member, it is likely the board will be
> entirely renewed in the next few weeks (compared to this last summer one).
>
> Also, WMF published two documents to guide the next few months
>

> WMFr site visit report - septembre 2017
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/WMFr_site_visit_report_-_septembre_2017
>
> Grant expectations for Wikimedia France - 2017-2018
>
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grant_expectations_for_Wikimedia_France_-_2017-2018
>
> I wish the best to the new board. They have a lot of work to do to
> rebuild the complete mess left by the previous management. Please, help
> them as much as you can.
>
> Florence

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Wikimedia France short update

Tanweer Morshed
Thanks to all who have made effort to move forward out of problematic
situations in WMFR. Hope the transition will take place smoothly and wish
the new board all the best.

On Monday, September 11, 2017, Patricio Lorente <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> [...]
> > and for a financial audit to be done.
> >
> > Sides notes
> >
> > Next General Assembly will take place around 20th of October and will be
> > the opportunity to elect new board members to fill the remaining seats.
> > Except for the appointed board member, it is likely the board will be
> > entirely renewed in the next few weeks (compared to this last summer
> one).
> >
> > Also, WMF published two documents to guide the next few months
> >

> > WMFr site visit report - septembre 2017
> > https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/WMFr_site_visit_report_-_septembre_2017
> >
> > Grant expectations for Wikimedia France - 2017-2018
> >
> > https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grant_expectations_for_
> Wikimedia_France_-_2017-2018
> >
> > I wish the best to the new board. They have a lot of work to do to
> > rebuild the complete mess left by the previous management. Please, help

Tanweer

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Wikimedia France short update

metasj
Thank you to Florence for the update and links.  Thanks also for the public
WMF report; and to the many members helping with the transformation.  //SJ

On Sun, Sep 10, 2017 at 8:12 PM, Florence Devouard <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> [...]
> the opportunity to elect new board members to fill the remaining seats.
> Except for the appointed board member, it is likely the board will be
> entirely renewed in the next few weeks (compared to this last summer one).
>
> Also, WMF published two documents to guide the next few months
>

> WMFr site visit report - septembre 2017
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/WMFr_site_visit_report_-_septembre_2017
>
> Grant expectations for Wikimedia France - 2017-2018
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grant_expectations_for_Wikim
> edia_France_-_2017-2018
>
> I wish the best to the new board. They have a lot of work to do to rebuild
> the complete mess left by the previous management. Please, help them as
> much as you can.
>
> Florence

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Wikimedia France short update

Frans Grijzenhout
Hi Florence, thank you for keeping the international community up to date.
I am glad to hear that the AG was successful. Frans

*Frans Grijzenhout*, voorzitter / chair
+31 6 5333 9499  -  http://www.wikimedia.nl/

--
*Vereniging Wikimedia Nederland*
*Postadres*:                     *Bezoekadres:*

> [...]
> > Except for the appointed board member, it is likely the board will be
> > entirely renewed in the next few weeks (compared to this last summer
> one).
> >
> > Also, WMF published two documents to guide the next few months
> >

> > WMFr site visit report - septembre 2017
> > https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/WMFr_site_visit_report_-_septembre_2017
> >
> > Grant expectations for Wikimedia France - 2017-2018
> > https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grant_expectations_for_Wikim
> > edia_France_-_2017-2018
> >
> > I wish the best to the new board. They have a lot of work to do to
> rebuild
> > the complete mess left by the previous management. Please, help them as
> > much as you can.
> >
> > Florence

> Samuel Klein          @metasj           w:user:sj          +1 617 529 4266

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Wikimedia France short update

Tim Moritz Hector-2
Dear colleagues from France,
dear all,

thank you for keeping us posted, Florence and Envel.

We, some chairpersons of neighbouring partner Wikimedia-organisations, want
to express to everybody related to Wikimédia France, that - in whatever
shape the organisation is and how long it might take for you to find a way
to reach out - we will be there to support the organisational development
if you want us to. We are ready to share our insights and learnings from
our own organisations, which have crossed troubling waters as well, to
ensure that Wikimédia France becomes a stable organisation again. We think,
the results of the General Assembly are a very good first step.

We are all dedicated to our mission - a world in which every single human
being can freely share in the sum of all knowledge. As a movement and
together with partners from likeminded organisations and individuals around
the world we will be stronger in doing our best to reach it.

Best regards,
Tim Moritz Hector (WMDE)
Frans Grijzenhout (WMNL)
Matias Blomgren (WMSE)
Josie Fraser (WMUK)
Santiago Navarro (WMES)

> [...]
> > > entirely renewed in the next few weeks (compared to this last summer
> > one).
> > >
> > > Also, WMF published two documents to guide the next few months
> > >

> > > WMFr site visit report - septembre 2017
> > > https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/WMFr_site_visit_report_-_sep
> tembre_2017
> > >
> > > Grant expectations for Wikimedia France - 2017-2018
> > > https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grant_expectations_for_Wikim
> > > edia_France_-_2017-2018
> > >
> > > I wish the best to the new board. They have a lot of work to do to
> > rebuild
> > > the complete mess left by the previous management. Please, help them as
> > > much as you can.
> > >
> > > Florence

> > Samuel Klein          @metasj           w:user:sj          +1 617 529
> 4266

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Wikimedia France short update

Samuel Le Goff
Thanks for this message. We are on the good way.

Samuel

> Le 16 sept. 2017 à 12:03, Tim Moritz Hector <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> Dear colleagues from France,
> dear all,
>
> thank you for keeping us posted, Florence and Envel.
>
> We, some chairpersons of neighbouring partner Wikimedia-organisations, want
> to express to everybody related to Wikimédia France, that - in whatever
> shape the organisation is and how long it might take for you to find a way
> to reach out - we will be there to support the organisational development
> if you want us to. We are ready to share our insights and learnings from
> our own organisations, which have crossed troubling waters as well, to
> ensure that Wikimédia France becomes a stable organisation again. We think,
> the results of the General Assembly are a very good first step.
>
> We are all dedicated to our mission - a world in which every single human
> being can freely share in the sum of all knowledge. As a movement and
> together with partners from likeminded organisations and individuals around
> the world we will be stronger in doing our best to reach it.
>
> Best regards,
> Tim Moritz Hector (WMDE)
> Frans Grijzenhout (WMNL)
> Matias Blomgren (WMSE)
> Josie Fraser (WMUK)
> Santiago Navarro (WMES)

>> Hi Florence, thank you for keeping the international community up to date.
>> I am glad to hear that the AG was successful. Frans
>>

>> *Frans Grijzenhout*, voorzitter / chair
>> +31 6 5333 9499  -  http://www.wikimedia.nl/
>>
>> --
>> *Vereniging Wikimedia Nederland*
>> *Postadres*:                     *Bezoekadres:*
>> Postbus 167                   Mariaplaats 3
>> 3500 AD  Utrecht            3511 LH Utrecht
>> Kamer van Koophandel 17189036

>>> Thank you to Florence for the update and links.  Thanks also for the
>> public
>>> WMF report; and to the many members helping with the transformation.
>> //SJ

>> 24h

>>> Raymond
>>> General

>>> year,
>> be
>>> and

>> be
>>> one).

>> tembre_2017

>>> rebuild

>>> --
>>> Samuel Klein          @metasj           w:user:sj          +1 617 529
>> 4266

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Wikimedia France short update

Nathan Awrich
The site visit report is disturbing, especially with respect to the
potential for hundreds of thousands of euros to be missing or unaccounted
for since 2015. How is it that the FDC provided any funds to WMFR while
that issue was still unresolved? Was the FDC aware of the legacy payable
from the chapter payment processing era when it made its most recent
funding decisions?