[Wikimedia-l] Wikimedia Sverige receives $324k+ in funding for the project FindingGLAMs

[Wikimedia-l] Wikimedia Sverige receives $324k+ in funding for the project FindingGLAMs

John Andersson-2
Wikimedia Sverige is proud to be the recipient of $324,500 in support from
the Swedish Postcode Foundation for our project FindingGLAMs
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/FindingGLAMs>.

We will work in collaboration with UNESCO and the Wikimedia Foundation to
achieve a number of ambitious goals over the 15 month long project. We will
work to:

   - Collect and include data about GLAM[1] institutions around the world
   on Wikidata (e.g. where they are located). This will be done both through a
   campaign and from batch uploads of datasets;
   - Batch upload collections of media files, in collaboration with the
   Structured Data on Commons program;
   - Organize networks of experts to discuss issues with disseminating
   different types of material through the Wikimedia projects;
   - Create a white paper consisting of a number of case studies based on
   the work and discussions outlined above;
   - Communicate about the Wikimedia movement’s work with GLAMs at
   conferences;
   - Organize a number of activities both on- and offline to use the
   material. This include some work around Wikimania 2019 that will take place
   in Stockholm, Sweden.

We hope many of you would like to get involved in the project and work with
us to connect to GLAM partners in your countries. At this point we are
looking for your help to identify institutions that maintain lists of GLAM
institutions (similar to the collection of monuments lists for WLM) and
later to identify GLAM institutions with specific types of collections that
would like to work with the Wikimedia movement.

Please contact the project manager John Andersson (
[hidden email]) if you have any questions. If you are
interested to take part, please sign up on the project portal at Meta:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/FindingGLAMs

As always, you can find the full application on our wiki (in Swedish):
https://se.wikimedia.org/wiki/Projekt:FindingGLAMs_2018/Ansökan

[1] GLAM is an acronym for Galleries, Libraries, Archives and Museums.

We look forward working with you!

Best regards,

John
- - - -
John Andersson
Executive Director
Wikimedia Sverige

Phone: +46(0)73-3965189
Email: [hidden email] <[hidden email]>
Visiting address: Goto10, Hammarby Kaj 10D, 120 32 Stockholm

Re: [Wikimedia-l] [GLAM] Wikimedia Sverige receives $324k+ in funding for the project FindingGLAMs

Shani Evenstein
Amazing news! Congrats, Wikimedia Sverige! Well done.

Shani.

On Thu, Sep 6, 2018 at 1:48 PM, John Andersson <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Wikimedia Sverige is proud to be the recipient of $324,500 in support from
> the Swedish Postcode Foundation for our project FindingGLAMs
> <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/FindingGLAMs>.
>
> We will work in collaboration with UNESCO and the Wikimedia Foundation to
> achieve a number of ambitious goals over the 15 month long project. We will
> work to:
>
>    - Collect and include data about GLAM[1] institutions around the world
>    on Wikidata (e.g. where they are located). This will be done both through a
>    campaign and from batch uploads of datasets;
>    - Batch upload collections of media files, in collaboration with the
>    Structured Data on Commons program;
>    - Organize networks of experts to discuss issues with disseminating
>    different types of material through the Wikimedia projects;
>    - Create a white paper consisting of a number of case studies based on
>    the work and discussions outlined above;
>    - Communicate about the Wikimedia movement’s work with GLAMs at
>    conferences;
>    - Organize a number of activities both on- and offline to use the
>    material. This include some work around Wikimania 2019 that will take place
>    in Stockholm, Sweden.
>
> We hope many of you would like to get involved in the project and work
> with us to connect to GLAM partners in your countries. At this point we are
> looking for your help to identify institutions that maintain lists of GLAM
> institutions (similar to the collection of monuments lists for WLM) and
> later to identify GLAM institutions with specific types of collections that
> would like to work with the Wikimedia movement.
>
> Please contact the project manager John Andersson (
> [hidden email]) if you have any questions. If you are
> interested to take part, please sign up on the project portal at Meta:
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/FindingGLAMs
>
> As always, you can find the full application on our wiki (in Swedish):
> https://se.wikimedia.org/wiki/Projekt:FindingGLAMs_2018/Ansökan
>
> [1] GLAM is an acronym for Galleries, Libraries, Archives and Museums.
>
> We look forward working with you!
>
> Best regards,
>
> John
> - - - -
> John Andersson
> Executive Director
> Wikimedia Sverige
>
> Phone: +46(0)73-3965189
> Email: [hidden email] <[hidden email]>
> Visiting address: Goto10, Hammarby Kaj 10D, 120 32 Stockholm

Re: [Wikimedia-l] [GLAM] Wikimedia Sverige receives $324k+ in funding for the project FindingGLAMs

Nurunnaby Hasive-3
Wonderful! Congratulations!

Hasive

On Thu, Sep 6, 2018 at 7:19 PM Shani Evenstein <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Amazing news! Congrats, Wikimedia Sverige! Well done.
>
> Shani.
>
> On Thu, Sep 6, 2018 at 1:48 PM, John Andersson <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Wikimedia Sverige is proud to be the recipient of $324,500 in support
>> from the Swedish Postcode Foundation for our project FindingGLAMs
>> <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/FindingGLAMs>.
>>
>> We will work in collaboration with UNESCO and the Wikimedia Foundation to
>> achieve a number of ambitious goals over the 15 month long project. We will
>> work to:
>>
>>    - Collect and include data about GLAM[1] institutions around the
>>    world on Wikidata (e.g. where they are located). This will be done both
>>    through a campaign and from batch uploads of datasets;
>>    - Batch upload collections of media files, in collaboration with the
>>    Structured Data on Commons program;
>>    - Organize networks of experts to discuss issues with disseminating
>>    different types of material through the Wikimedia projects;
>>    - Create a white paper consisting of a number of case studies based
>>    on the work and discussions outlined above;
>>    - Communicate about the Wikimedia movement’s work with GLAMs at
>>    conferences;
>>    - Organize a number of activities both on- and offline to use the
>>    material. This include some work around Wikimania 2019 that will take place
>>    in Stockholm, Sweden.
>>
>> We hope many of you would like to get involved in the project and work
>> with us to connect to GLAM partners in your countries. At this point we are
>> looking for your help to identify institutions that maintain lists of GLAM
>> institutions (similar to the collection of monuments lists for WLM) and
>> later to identify GLAM institutions with specific types of collections that
>> would like to work with the Wikimedia movement.
>>
>> Please contact the project manager John Andersson (
>> [hidden email]) if you have any questions. If you are
>> interested to take part, please sign up on the project portal at Meta:
>> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/FindingGLAMs
>>
>> As always, you can find the full application on our wiki (in Swedish):
>> https://se.wikimedia.org/wiki/Projekt:FindingGLAMs_2018/Ansökan
>>
>> [1] GLAM is an acronym for Galleries, Libraries, Archives and Museums.
>>
>> We look forward working with you!
>>
>> Best regards,
>>
>> John
>> - - - -
>> John Andersson
>> Executive Director
>> Wikimedia Sverige
>>
>> Phone: +46(0)73-3965189
>> Email: [hidden email] <[hidden email]>
>> Visiting address: Goto10, Hammarby Kaj 10D, 120 32 Stockholm

*Nurunnaby Chowdhury (Hasive) **:: **নুরুন্নবী চৌধুরী (হাছিব)*
User: Hasive <http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Hasive> |
GSM/WhatsApp/Viber: +8801712754752

Administrator | Bengali Wikipedia <http://bn.wikipedia.org/wiki/user:Hasive>
Board Member | Wikimedia Bangladesh <http://www.wikimedia.org.bd/>
fb.com/Hasive <http://fb.com/NCHasive> | @nhasive
<http://www.twitter.com/nhasive> | www.nhasive.com

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Wikimedia Sverige receives $324k+ in funding for the project FindingGLAMs

sailesh patnaik
Amazing News, Thank for sharing it, John. Congratulation to Wikimedia
Sweden. :)
-----------
*Sailesh Patnaik*  "*ଶୈଳେଶ ପଟ୍ଟନାୟକ "*
*LinkedIn* : https://www.linkedin.com/in/sailesh-patnaik-551a10b4
*Twitter*: @saileshpat

On Thu, Sep 6, 2018 at 4:18 PM John Andersson <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Wikimedia Sverige is proud to be the recipient of $324,500 in support from
> the Swedish Postcode Foundation for our project FindingGLAMs
> <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/FindingGLAMs>.
>
> We will work in collaboration with UNESCO and the Wikimedia Foundation to
> achieve a number of ambitious goals over the 15 month long project. We will
> work to:
>
>    - Collect and include data about GLAM[1] institutions around the world
>    on Wikidata (e.g. where they are located). This will be done both
> through a
>    campaign and from batch uploads of datasets;
>    - Batch upload collections of media files, in collaboration with the
>    Structured Data on Commons program;
>    - Organize networks of experts to discuss issues with disseminating
>    different types of material through the Wikimedia projects;
>    - Create a white paper consisting of a number of case studies based on
>    the work and discussions outlined above;
>    - Communicate about the Wikimedia movement’s work with GLAMs at
>    conferences;
>    - Organize a number of activities both on- and offline to use the
>    material. This include some work around Wikimania 2019 that will take
> place
>    in Stockholm, Sweden.
>
> We hope many of you would like to get involved in the project and work with
> us to connect to GLAM partners in your countries. At this point we are
> looking for your help to identify institutions that maintain lists of GLAM
> institutions (similar to the collection of monuments lists for WLM) and
> later to identify GLAM institutions with specific types of collections that
> would like to work with the Wikimedia movement.
>
> Please contact the project manager John Andersson (
> [hidden email]) if you have any questions. If you are
> interested to take part, please sign up on the project portal at Meta:
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/FindingGLAMs
>
> As always, you can find the full application on our wiki (in Swedish):
> https://se.wikimedia.org/wiki/Projekt:FindingGLAMs_2018/Ansökan
>
> [1] GLAM is an acronym for Galleries, Libraries, Archives and Museums.
>
> We look forward working with you!
>
> Best regards,
>
> John
> - - - -
> John Andersson
> Executive Director
> Wikimedia Sverige
>
> Phone: +46(0)73-3965189
> Email: [hidden email] <[hidden email]>
> Visiting address: Goto10, Hammarby Kaj 10D, 120 32 Stockholm

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Wikimedia Sverige receives $324k+ in funding for the project FindingGLAMs

Stryn@Wikimedia
Good news, congrats WMSE!

*Stryn*

*Wikimedia StewardAdmin and checkuser on the Finnish Wikipedia** | Admin on
Wikidata*
* | Admin on Meta-Wiki*

to 6. syysk. 2018 klo 16.38 Sailesh Patnaik ([hidden email])