[Wikimedia-l] Wikimedia Sverige receives a total of USD 500, 000+ in funding for three new projects, and a cost reduction of USD 30, 000/year

[Wikimedia-l] Wikimedia Sverige receives a total of USD 500, 000+ in funding for three new projects, and a cost reduction of USD 30, 000/year

John Andersson-2
Wikimedia Sverige is proud to be the recipient of three new grants totaling
around USD 500,000. We hope to work with many of you as part of these
projects. If you are interested in getting involved or receiving updates
please let me know.

Furthermore, the chapter also has a new heavily subsidized agreement for
our office space.

Project 1: Wikispeech – The Speech Data Collector

The first project is a continuation of the Wikispeech[1] project, a
text-to-speech (TTS) system that converts written text into speech. From
September 2019 to April 2021 we aim to finalize building the MediaWiki
extension and to build tools to collect speech data to add pronunciations
to Wikipedia, Wiktionary and Wikidata and to add more languages to the
text-to-speech solution. The tools should also be possible to use for oral
citations.

The work happens in partnership with the Royal Technical Institute, STTS (a
language processing company), Mozilla Foundation, Wikimedia Deutschland and
the Swedish Dyslexia Association.

As always, you can find the full application on our wiki (in Swedish):
https://se.wikimedia.org/wiki/Projekt:Wikispeech_–_Talresursinsamlaren_2019/Ansökan

Project 2: Wikipedia in Libraries

From 2019 to 2020 Wikimedia Sverige, together with the National Library of
Sweden, will develop an online training module for Swedish librarians
focused around free knowledge and the Wikimedia platforms. This will be a
mandatory training for all of Sweden's 5,000 public librarians. Our hope is
to give all of them a basic understanding of the Wikimedia projects, as
well as to complement the online training with advanced courses for the
most dedicated. The advanced courses will give them the tools to ongoingly
organize activities and events independently at their libraries across the
country.

Furthermore, the librarians will be engaged in the #1Lib1Ref and
FindingGLAMs campaigns.

There is a great potential to receive continuous funding over the coming 3
years if successful.

As always, you can find the full application on our wiki (in Swedish):
https://se.wikimedia.org/wiki/Projekt:Wikipedia_i_biblioteken_2019/Ansökan

Project 3: Bibliographical data on Wikidata

We continue our work to include bibliographical data on Wikidata. The
project details are still being negotiated with the funder. The project
will start in mid-2019 and last until 2020.

Cost reduction

Starting from March 2019 we have a new agreement in place for a heavily
subsidized coworking space office from the Swedish Internet Foundation.
Through the agreement we will save us around USD 30,000 per year compared
to when we had an office of our own.

We have received this generous subsidy because Wikipedia is considered so
important for the infrastructure of the Internet. We are very happy that
the agreement does not have an end date and that we have the possibility to
grow significantly over time as well (while keeping the generous subsidy).

Please contact John Andersson ([hidden email]) if you have any
questions.

[1] https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikispeech

Best,

John

- - - -

John Andersson

Executive Director

Wikimedia Sverige

Phone: +46(0)73-3965189

Email: [hidden email]

Visiting address: Goto10, Hammarby Kaj 10D, 120 32 Stockholm

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Wikimedia Sverige receives a total of USD 500, 000+ in funding for three new projects, and a cost reduction of USD 30, 000/year

Galder Gonzalez Larrañaga
Great news!
We can't wait to have the WikiSpeech application deployed, as the Basque language part is finished yet!

Cheers
Galder

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Wikimedia Sverige receives a total of USD 500, 000+ in funding for three new projects, and a cost reduction of USD 30, 000/year

Sydney Poore-2
John, I'm thrilled to learn of the these project grants and the
accompanying funding. Congratulations to you and others involved in
securing this funding and the reduced cost for the office space.

This accomplishment should be celebrated far and wide because of the value
that it brings to the whole Wikimedia movement!

Sydney

On Thu, Mar 28, 2019 at 6:31 AM John Andersson <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> [...]
> to when we had an office of our own.
>
> We have received this generous subsidy because Wikipedia is considered so
> important for the infrastructure of the Internet. We are very happy that
> the agreement does not have an end date and that we have the possibility to
> grow significantly over time as well (while keeping the generous subsidy).
>
> Please contact John Andersson ([hidden email]) if you have
> any
> questions.
>
> [1] https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikispeech
>
> Best,
>
> John
>
> - - - -
>
> John Andersson
>
> Executive Director
>
> Wikimedia Sverige
>
> Phone: +46(0)73-3965189
>
> Email: [hidden email]
>
> Visiting address: Goto10, Hammarby Kaj 10D, 120 32 Stockholm

Sydney Poore (she/her)
Strategist, Community health
Wikimedia Foundation
Trust and Safety team;
Anti-harassment tools team

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Wikimedia Sverige receives a total of USD 500, 000+ in funding for three new projects, and a cost reduction of USD 30, 000/year

Xavier Cailleau
Hi John and everyone,

first, congratulations for all these impressive projects. I'm particularly
interested in the second one which is a big step to help cultural
institutions incorporate the contribution to wikimedia projects in
professionnal practices. I'm wondering how this online training module has
become a "mandatory" training module for all of public librarians ? What is
the link between the National Library of Sweden and the other public ones ?
Are they linked to cities, municipalities or directly to the National
Library of Sweden ?

Do you think an english documentation will be available ?

Congrats again for thoses projects !

Best,

Xavier

*Xavier Cailleau*
Chargé de mission partenariats et GLAM
Partnerships and GLAM project manager
*Tél +33 <%2B33%206%2078%2025%2056%2028>** 7 62 93 42 02
<%2B33%206%2078%2025%2056%2028>*
*------------------------------------------------------------*
*WIKIMEDIA FRANCE*
Association pour le libre partage de la connaissance
*www.wikimedia.fr <http://www.wikimedia.fr/> *
*40 rue de clery, **75002 Paris*
<http://www.openstreetmap.org/node/691082430#map=19/48.86814/2.34683>

* <https://dons.wikimedia.fr/adhesion/~mon-don/?cid=3>
<http://dons.wikimedia.fr>*

Le jeu. 28 mars 2019 à 14:04, Sydney Poore <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> [...]
> >
> > We have received this generous subsidy because Wikipedia is considered so
> > important for the infrastructure of the Internet. We are very happy that
> > the agreement does not have an end date and that we have the possibility
> > grow significantly over time as well (while keeping the generous
> subsidy).
> >
> > Please contact John Andersson ([hidden email]) if you have
> > any
> > questions.
> >
> > [1] https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikispeech
> >
> > Best,
> >
> > John
> >
> > - - - -
> >
> > John Andersson
> >
> > Executive Director
> >
> > Wikimedia Sverige
> >
> > Phone: +46(0)73-3965189
> >
> > Email: [hidden email]
> >
> > Visiting address: Goto10, Hammarby Kaj 10D, 120 32 Stockholm

Re: [Wikimedia-l] [GLAM] Wikimedia Sverige receives a total of USD 500, 000+ in funding for three new projects, and a cost reduction of USD 30, 000/year

Asaf Bartov-2
Wonderful news, John!  Congrats to WMSE and to all of us, who will benefit
from this work.

  A.

On Thu, Mar 28, 2019 at 12:31 PM John Andersson <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> [...]
> to when we had an office of our own.
>
> We have received this generous subsidy because Wikipedia is considered so
> important for the infrastructure of the Internet. We are very happy that
> the agreement does not have an end date and that we have the possibility to
> grow significantly over time as well (while keeping the generous subsidy).
>
> Please contact John Andersson ([hidden email]) if you have
> any questions.
>
> [1] https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikispeech
>
> Best,
>
> John
>
> - - - -
>
> John Andersson
>
> Executive Director
>
> Wikimedia Sverige
>
> Phone: +46(0)73-3965189
>
> Email: [hidden email]
>
> Visiting address: Goto10, Hammarby Kaj 10D, 120 32 Stockholm

    Asaf Bartov

https://donate.wikimedia.org

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Wikimedia Sverige receives a total of USD 500, 000+ in funding for three new projects, and a cost reduction of USD 30, 000/year

Biyanto Rebin
Congratulations to WMSE and its community.
This is wonderful news.

Pada tanggal Kam, 28 Mar 2019 pukul 11.32 John Andersson <
[hidden email]> menulis:

> [...]
> to when we had an office of our own.
>
> We have received this generous subsidy because Wikipedia is considered so
> important for the infrastructure of the Internet. We are very happy that
> the agreement does not have an end date and that we have the possibility to
> grow significantly over time as well (while keeping the generous subsidy).
>
> Please contact John Andersson ([hidden email]) if you have
> any
> questions.
>
> [1] https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikispeech
>
> Best,
>
> John
>
> - - - -
>
> John Andersson
>
> Executive Director
>
> Wikimedia Sverige
>
> Phone: +46(0)73-3965189
>
> Email: [hidden email]
>
> Visiting address: Goto10, Hammarby Kaj 10D, 120 32 Stockholm

Biyanto Rebin | Ketua Umum (*Chair*) 2016-2018
Wikimedia Indonesia
Surel: [hidden email]

Re: [Wikimedia-l] [GLAM] Wikimedia Sverige receives a total of USD 500, 000+ in funding for three new projects, and a cost reduction of USD 30, 000/year

Fæ
Congratulations and sincere thanks to all working hard behind the
scenes as well as those publicly fronting the projects to achieve
these successes.

For putting in lots of late evenings, perspiration and perseverance, well done.

Thanks,
Fae

On Thu, 28 Mar 2019 at 10:31, John Andersson
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
>

> Please contact John Andersson ([hidden email]) if you have any questions.
>

> [1] https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikispeech
>

> Best,
>

> John
>
> - - - -
>
> John Andersson
>
> Executive Director
>
> Wikimedia Sverige
>

> Phone: +46(0)73-3965189
>
> Email: [hidden email]
>
> Visiting address: Goto10, Hammarby Kaj 10D, 120 32 Stockholm

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Wikimedia Sverige receives a total of USD 500, 000+ in funding for three new projects, and a cost reduction of USD 30, 000/year

metasj
Wonderful. Wikispeech will be amazing  :)

On Thu., 28 Mar. 2019, 6:31 am John Andersson, <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> [...]
> the agreement does not have an end date and that we have the possibility to
> grow significantly over time as well (while keeping the generous subsidy).
>
> Please contact John Andersson ([hidden email]) if you have
> any
> questions.
>
> [1] https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikispeech
>
> Best,
>
> John
>
> - - - -
>
> John Andersson
>
> Executive Director
>
> Wikimedia Sverige
>
> Phone: +46(0)73-3965189
>
> Email: [hidden email]
>
> Visiting address: Goto10, Hammarby Kaj 10D, 120 32 Stockholm

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Wikimedia Sverige receives a total of USD 500, 000+ in funding for three new projects, and a cost reduction of USD 30, 000/year

Alex Stinson-4
So many congratulations John and Wikimedia Sverige team! Its super exciting
the path you are going down with each of the projects! The movement is
going to benefit from that work.

Cheers,

Alex

On Thu, Mar 28, 2019 at 11:05 AM Samuel Klein <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
> >
> > We have received this generous subsidy because Wikipedia is considered so
> > important for the infrastructure of the Internet. We are very happy that
> > the agreement does not have an end date and that we have the possibility
> > grow significantly over time as well (while keeping the generous
> subsidy).
> >
> > Please contact John Andersson ([hidden email]) if you have
> > any
> > questions.
> >
> > [1] https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikispeech
> >
> > Best,
> >
> > John
> >
> > - - - -
> >
> > John Andersson
> >
> > Executive Director
> >
> > Wikimedia Sverige
> >
> > Phone: +46(0)73-3965189
> >
> > Email: [hidden email]
> >
> > Visiting address: Goto10, Hammarby Kaj 10D, 120 32 Stockholm

Alex Stinson
Senior Program Strategist
Wikimedia Foundation
Twitter:@glamwiki/@sadads

Learn more about how the communities behind Wikipedia, Wikidata and other
Wikimedia projects partner with cultural heritage organizations:
https://outreach.wikimedia.org/wiki/GLAM

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Wikimedia Sverige receives a total of USD 500, 000+ in funding for three new projects, and a cost reduction of USD 30, 000/year

Samuel Patton
Congratulations! These initiatives look awesome. Well done on securing the
funding and subsidized office space.

On Thu, Mar 28, 2019 at 10:05 AM Samuel Klein <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
> >
> > We have received this generous subsidy because Wikipedia is considered so
> > important for the infrastructure of the Internet. We are very happy that
> > the agreement does not have an end date and that we have the possibility
> > grow significantly over time as well (while keeping the generous
> subsidy).
> >
> > Please contact John Andersson ([hidden email]) if you have
> > any
> > questions.
> >
> > [1] https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikispeech
> >
> > Best,
> >
> > John
> >
> > - - - -
> >
> > John Andersson
> >
> > Executive Director
> >
> > Wikimedia Sverige
> >
> > Phone: +46(0)73-3965189
> >
> > Email: [hidden email]
> >
> > Visiting address: Goto10, Hammarby Kaj 10D, 120 32 Stockholm

Sam Patton

Senior Fundraising Campaign Manager

Re: [Wikimedia-l] [Wikidata] Wikimedia Sverige receives a total of USD 500, 000+ in funding for three new projects, and a cost reduction of USD 30, 000/year

Lane Rasberry
Congratulations. I am excited especially for the "Bibliographical data on
Wikidata" part, where my university and many other universities around the
world will join you in collaboration. I expect that what Wikimedia
Sverige does in this space will set global precedent for how everyone in
research publishes and shares research. This is very good news and I will
look for an opportunity to collaborate in research and Wikidata content
curation.

On Thu, Mar 28, 2019 at 10:12 AM Stacy Allison-Cassin <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> To echo everyone else, congratulations! These projects sound amazing and
> I'm really looking forward to the results.
> Stacy
>
> Stacy Allison-Cassin, MMus, MISt, PhD Cand.
>
> Associate Librarian
>
> York University Libraries
>

> *York University acknowledges its presence on the traditional territory of
> many Indigenous Nations. The area known as Tkaronto has been care taken by
> the Anishinabek Nation, the Haudenosaunee Confederacy, the Huron-Wendat,
> and the Métis. It is now home to many Indigenous peoples. We acknowledge
> the current treaty holders, the Mississaugas of the Credit First Nation.
> This territory is subject of the Dish With One Spoon Wampum Belt Covenant,
> an agreement to peaceably share and care for the Great Lakes region.*
> ------------------------------

user:bluerasberry on Wikipedia
206.801.0814

Re: [Wikimedia-l] [Wikidata] Wikimedia Sverige receives a total of USD 500, 000+ in funding for three new projects, and a cost reduction of USD 30, 000/year

Rajeeb Dutta
Congratulations John and Wikimedia Sverige team!! Looking forward to contribute to these amazing projects.

Cheers,
Rajeeb(Marajozkee)
Sent from my iPhone

> On 28-Mar-2019, at 8:28 PM, Lane Rasberry <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Congratulations. I am excited especially for the "Bibliographical data on
> Wikidata" part, where my university and many other universities around the
> world will join you in collaboration. I expect that what Wikimedia
> Sverige does in this space will set global precedent for how everyone in
> research publishes and shares research. This is very good news and I will
> look for an opportunity to collaborate in research and Wikidata content
> curation.
>
> On Thu, Mar 28, 2019 at 10:12 AM Stacy Allison-Cassin <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> To echo everyone else, congratulations! These projects sound amazing and
>> I'm really looking forward to the results.
>> Stacy
>>
>> Stacy Allison-Cassin, MMus, MISt, PhD Cand.
>>
>> Associate Librarian
>>
>> York University Libraries
>>

>> *York University acknowledges its presence on the traditional territory of
>> many Indigenous Nations. The area known as Tkaronto has been care taken by
>> the Anishinabek Nation, the Haudenosaunee Confederacy, the Huron-Wendat,
>> and the Métis. It is now home to many Indigenous peoples. We acknowledge
>> the current treaty holders, the Mississaugas of the Credit First Nation.
>> This territory is subject of the Dish With One Spoon Wampum Belt Covenant,
>> an agreement to peaceably share and care for the Great Lakes region.*
>> ------------------------------

Itzik - Wikimedia Israel
Great news, John!

*Itzik Edri*
Chairperson (volunteer)
[hidden email]
+972-54-5878078

Pyb

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Wikimedia Sverige receives a total of USD 500, 000+ in funding for three new projects, and a cost reduction of USD 30, 000/year

Pyb
Congratulations WMSE

Pierre-Yves

Le jeu. 28 mars 2019 à 16:41, Itzik - Wikimedia Israel <
[hidden email]> a écrit :

> [...]
> >
> > We have received this generous subsidy because Wikipedia is considered so
> > important for the infrastructure of the Internet. We are very happy that
> > the agreement does not have an end date and that we have the possibility
> > grow significantly over time as well (while keeping the generous
> subsidy).
> >
> > Please contact John Andersson ([hidden email]) if you have
> > any
> > questions.
> >
> > [1] https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikispeech
> >
> > Best,
> >
> > John
> >
> > - - - -
> >
> > John Andersson
> >
> > Executive Director
> >
> > Wikimedia Sverige
> >
> > Phone: +46(0)73-3965189
> >
> > Email: [hidden email]
> >
> > Visiting address: Goto10, Hammarby Kaj 10D, 120 32 Stockholm

Re: [Wikimedia-l] [Wikidata] [GLAM] Wikimedia Sverige receives a total of USD 500, 000+ in funding for three new projects, and a cost reduction of USD 30, 000/year

Suyash Dwivedi
Congratulations to WMSE

On Fri, Mar 29, 2019 at 12:51 AM Colette Guébo <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Congratulations to the Wikimedia Sverige team. it's super cool.
>
> Best regards.
>
> On Thu, Mar 28, 2019 at 3:12 PM Rajeeb Dutta <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Congratulations John and Wikimedia Sverige team!! Looking forward to
>> contribute to these amazing projects.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Rajeeb(Marajozkee)
>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>> > On 28-Mar-2019, at 8:28 PM, Lane Rasberry <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>> >
>> > Congratulations. I am excited especially for the "Bibliographical data
>> on
>> > Wikidata" part, where my university and many other universities around
>> the
>> > world will join you in collaboration. I expect that what Wikimedia
>> > Sverige does in this space will set global precedent for how everyone in
>> > research publishes and shares research. This is very good news and I
>> will
>> > look for an opportunity to collaborate in research and Wikidata content
>> > curation.
>> >
>> > On Thu, Mar 28, 2019 at 10:12 AM Stacy Allison-Cassin <
>> [hidden email]>

>> and

>> territory of
>> taken by
>> Huron-Wendat,
>> acknowledge
>> Nation.
>> Covenant,

*Regards,*

*Suyash Dwivedi*
+91 98260 15410 | +91 70003 72413
*Skype*: suyash.india

Re: [Wikimedia-l] [Wikidata] [GLAM] Wikimedia Sverige receives a total of USD 500, 000+ in funding for three new projects, and a cost reduction of USD 30, 000/year

Shani Evenstein
Amazing news indeed! Congrats and well done to the whole team.

Best,
Shani.

*Shani Evenstein Sigalov*
* Lecturer, Tel Aviv University.
* EdTech Innovation Strategist, NY/American Medical Program, Sackler School
of Medicine, Tel Aviv University.
* PhD Candidate, School of Education, Tel Aviv University.
* OER & Emerging Technologies Coordinator, UNESCO Chair
<https://education.tau.ac.il/node/3495> on Technology, Internationalization
and Education, School of Education, Tel Aviv University
<https://education.tau.ac.il/node/3495>.
* Chairperson, WikiProject Medicine Foundation
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wiki_Project_Med>.
* Chairperson, Wikipedia & Education User Group
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_%26_Education_User_Group>.
* Chairperson, The Hebrew Literature Digitization Society
<http://www.israelgives.org/amuta/580428621>.
* Chief Editor, Project Ben-Yehuda <http://bybe.benyehuda.org>.
+972-525640648

On Sun, Mar 31, 2019 at 8:31 PM Rohan Badlani <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Congratulations to Wikimedia Sverige team. This is amazing news! :)
>
> On Sun, Mar 31, 2019 at 9:17 AM Suyash Dwivedi <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> Congratulations to WMSE
>>
>> On Fri, Mar 29, 2019 at 12:51 AM Colette Guébo <
>> [hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Congratulations to the Wikimedia Sverige team. it's super cool.
>>>
>>> Best regards.

Olushola Olaniyan
Congratulations !!!

Olaniyan Olushola