[Wikimedia-l] Wikimedia projects in languages with fewer speakers

[Wikimedia-l] Wikimedia projects in languages with fewer speakers

Фархад Фаткуллин / Farhad Fatkullin
Dear colleagues,

I wonder if this project rings the tune with anyone in other regions:

«Imagine your great-grandkids are growing up at a large space station around Mars and national identities on Earth are by then no more important that your provincial or city identity are currently. Why should we bother creating language nests for them to learn and actively speak say Russian or Spanish, Arabic or French, not to mention heritage languages with even smaller number of speakers today? And if it's worth it, then how should we do it?»

https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikipedias_in_the_languages_of_Russia/ActionPlan/Linguistic-cultural_identity

regards,
farhad

Wikimedia Russia member - https://ru.wikimedia.org/wiki/Membership