[Wikimedia-l] With my thanks to everyone ...

[Wikimedia-l] With my thanks to everyone ...

Geoff Brigham
Hi all,

Over the past five years, I’ve been honored to serve as the General Counsel
and Secretary of the Wikimedia Foundation. This job has been amazing, and
I’m grateful to everyone who has made it so rewarding. It's now time for my
next step, so, in the coming days, I will be leaving the Foundation to
pursue a new career opportunity.

I depart with such love for the mission, the Foundation, the Wikimedia
communities, and my colleagues at work. I thank my past and present bosses
as well as the Board for their support and guidance. I stand in awe of the
volunteer writers, editors, and photographers who contribute every day to
the Wikimedia projects. And I will hold special to my heart my past and
current teams, including legal and community advocacy. :) You have taught,
given, and enriched me so much.

After my departure, Michelle Paulson will serve as interim head of Legal,
and, subject to Board approval, Stephen LaPorte will serve as interim
Secretary to the Board. I can happily report that they have the experience
and expertise to ensure a smooth and professional transition.

The future of the Foundation under Katherine's leadership is exciting.
Having had the pleasure of working for her, I know Katherine will take the
Foundation to its next level in promoting and defending the outstanding
mission and values of the Wikimedia movement. Although I'm delighted about
my next opportunity, I will miss this new chapter in the Foundation's
story.

My last day at the Foundation will be July 18th. After that, I will take a
month off to recharge my batteries, and then I start my new gig at YouTube
in the Bay Area. There, I will serve as Director of YouTube Trust & Safety,
managing global teams for policy, legal, and anti-abuse operations. As with
Wikimedia, I look forward to learning from those teams and tackling
together a new set of exciting, novel challenges.

For those who want to stay in touch, please do! My personal email is:
[hidden email].

With respect, admiration, and gratitude,

Geoff

Re: [Wikimedia-l] With my thanks to everyone ...

Nathan Awrich
Congrats Geoff on your new and extraordinarily challenging role! Best of
luck and thank you for all of your hard work on behalf of the WMF.

~Nathan

On Wed, Jul 13, 2016 at 5:25 PM, Geoff Brigham <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Over the past five years, I’ve been honored to serve as the General Counsel
> and Secretary of the Wikimedia Foundation. This job has been amazing, and
> I’m grateful to everyone who has made it so rewarding. It's now time for my
> next step, so, in the coming days, I will be leaving the Foundation to
> pursue a new career opportunity.
>
> I depart with such love for the mission, the Foundation, the Wikimedia
> communities, and my colleagues at work. I thank my past and present bosses
> as well as the Board for their support and guidance. I stand in awe of the
> volunteer writers, editors, and photographers who contribute every day to
> the Wikimedia projects. And I will hold special to my heart my past and
> current teams, including legal and community advocacy. :) You have taught,
> given, and enriched me so much.
>
> After my departure, Michelle Paulson will serve as interim head of Legal,
> and, subject to Board approval, Stephen LaPorte will serve as interim
> Secretary to the Board. I can happily report that they have the experience
> and expertise to ensure a smooth and professional transition.
>
> The future of the Foundation under Katherine's leadership is exciting.
> Having had the pleasure of working for her, I know Katherine will take the
> Foundation to its next level in promoting and defending the outstanding
> mission and values of the Wikimedia movement. Although I'm delighted about
> my next opportunity, I will miss this new chapter in the Foundation's
> story.
>
> My last day at the Foundation will be July 18th. After that, I will take a
> month off to recharge my batteries, and then I start my new gig at YouTube
> in the Bay Area. There, I will serve as Director of YouTube Trust & Safety,
> managing global teams for policy, legal, and anti-abuse operations. As with
> Wikimedia, I look forward to learning from those teams and tackling
> together a new set of exciting, novel challenges.
>
> For those who want to stay in touch, please do! My personal email is:
> [hidden email].
>
> With respect, admiration, and gratitude,
>
> Geoff

Re: [Wikimedia-l] With my thanks to everyone ...

Katherine Maher
Geoff,

It is always difficult to say farewell to a trusted colleague and friend,
but it is wonderful to see your skills and leadership recognized in this
new role. I’m so excited for you to bring your energy and experience to
another passionate and rollicking global community of creators.

You’ve seen the Foundation through a remarkable five years. You’ve built a
tremendous team that is critical to helping the Wikimedia projects thrive
well into the future. You’ve expertly navigated our challenges, focusing
our efforts where we can have the most impact. Through your team, you've
empowered the Foundation as fierce advocates for open licensing, privacy,
freedom of information, and contributors rights, truly embodying the values
of our movement. And as a colleague, you’ve been a counselor and voice of
wisdom for our executive team and Board of Trustees.

Throughout it all, you have empowered everyone you work with to do their
best work. And even as you go, you leave us with the strong leadership of
Michelle and Stephen, who each bring excellent judgment and deep experience
with our complexities and curiosities.

Some of you may not know that the Communications team once reported to
Geoff. When I joined the Foundation as as Chief Communications Officer,
Geoff was one of the first people I met. He generously onboarded me,
offering insights into the communities and Foundation. We often worked
hand-in-hand to support and defend our movement and values. During this
time, I developed a deep appreciation for his steady leadership, appetite
for interesting challenges, and pursuit of excellence.

Thank you, Geoff, for your leadership, service, and dedication to our
movement. I know that our time with you has made our movement stronger. and
your time with us has hopefully helped prepare you for the opportunities
ahead. It’s always a joy to see people move on to new challenges and cheer
for them to succeed.

Our movement will certainly miss you, but we are very excited for what you
will do next.

Katherine

On Wed, Jul 13, 2016 at 2:25 PM, Geoff Brigham <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Over the past five years, I’ve been honored to serve as the General Counsel
> and Secretary of the Wikimedia Foundation. This job has been amazing, and
> I’m grateful to everyone who has made it so rewarding. It's now time for my
> next step, so, in the coming days, I will be leaving the Foundation to
> pursue a new career opportunity.
>
> I depart with such love for the mission, the Foundation, the Wikimedia
> communities, and my colleagues at work. I thank my past and present bosses
> as well as the Board for their support and guidance. I stand in awe of the
> volunteer writers, editors, and photographers who contribute every day to
> the Wikimedia projects. And I will hold special to my heart my past and
> current teams, including legal and community advocacy. :) You have taught,
> given, and enriched me so much.
>
> After my departure, Michelle Paulson will serve as interim head of Legal,
> and, subject to Board approval, Stephen LaPorte will serve as interim
> Secretary to the Board. I can happily report that they have the experience
> and expertise to ensure a smooth and professional transition.
>
> The future of the Foundation under Katherine's leadership is exciting.
> Having had the pleasure of working for her, I know Katherine will take the
> Foundation to its next level in promoting and defending the outstanding
> mission and values of the Wikimedia movement. Although I'm delighted about
> my next opportunity, I will miss this new chapter in the Foundation's
> story.
>
> My last day at the Foundation will be July 18th. After that, I will take a
> month off to recharge my batteries, and then I start my new gig at YouTube
> in the Bay Area. There, I will serve as Director of YouTube Trust & Safety,
> managing global teams for policy, legal, and anti-abuse operations. As with
> Wikimedia, I look forward to learning from those teams and tackling
> together a new set of exciting, novel challenges.
>
> For those who want to stay in touch, please do! My personal email is:
> [hidden email].
>
> With respect, admiration, and gratitude,
>
> Geoff

Katherine Maher

Wikimedia Foundation
149 New Montgomery Street
San Francisco, CA 94105

+1 (415) 839-6885 ext. 6635
+1 (415) 712 4873

Re: [Wikimedia-l] With my thanks to everyone ...

Pine W
Thank you for your service, Geoff. I hope that we will still see you
around. Good luck with the new gig. :)

Regards,

Pine

wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Over the past five years, I’ve been honored to serve as the General Counsel
> and Secretary of the Wikimedia Foundation. This job has been amazing, and
> I’m grateful to everyone who has made it so rewarding. It's now time for my
> next step, so, in the coming days, I will be leaving the Foundation to
> pursue a new career opportunity.
>
> I depart with such love for the mission, the Foundation, the Wikimedia
> communities, and my colleagues at work. I thank my past and present bosses
> as well as the Board for their support and guidance. I stand in awe of the
> volunteer writers, editors, and photographers who contribute every day to
> the Wikimedia projects. And I will hold special to my heart my past and
> current teams, including legal and community advocacy. :) You have taught,
> given, and enriched me so much.
>
> After my departure, Michelle Paulson will serve as interim head of Legal,
> and, subject to Board approval, Stephen LaPorte will serve as interim
> Secretary to the Board. I can happily report that they have the experience
> and expertise to ensure a smooth and professional transition.
>
> The future of the Foundation under Katherine's leadership is exciting.
> Having had the pleasure of working for her, I know Katherine will take the
> Foundation to its next level in promoting and defending the outstanding
> mission and values of the Wikimedia movement. Although I'm delighted about
> my next opportunity, I will miss this new chapter in the Foundation's
> story.
>
> My last day at the Foundation will be July 18th. After that, I will take a
> month off to recharge my batteries, and then I start my new gig at YouTube
> in the Bay Area. There, I will serve as Director of YouTube Trust & Safety,
> managing global teams for policy, legal, and anti-abuse operations. As with
> Wikimedia, I look forward to learning from those teams and tackling
> together a new set of exciting, novel challenges.
>
> For those who want to stay in touch, please do! My personal email is:
> [hidden email].
>
> With respect, admiration, and gratitude,
>
> Geoff

Re: [Wikimedia-l] With my thanks to everyone ...

jmh649
Geoff thank you for your amazing service to the movement. You will indeed
be dearly missed.

James

On Wed, Jul 13, 2016 at 3:32 PM, Pine W <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thank you for your service, Geoff. I hope that we will still see you
> around. Good luck with the new gig. :)
>
> Regards,
>
> Pine
>
> On Wed, Jul 13, 2016 at 2:25 PM, Geoff Brigham <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Over the past five years, I’ve been honored to serve as the General
> Counsel
> > and Secretary of the Wikimedia Foundation. This job has been amazing, and
> > I’m grateful to everyone who has made it so rewarding. It's now time for
> my
> > next step, so, in the coming days, I will be leaving the Foundation to
> > pursue a new career opportunity.
> >
> > I depart with such love for the mission, the Foundation, the Wikimedia
> > communities, and my colleagues at work. I thank my past and present
> bosses
> > as well as the Board for their support and guidance. I stand in awe of
> the
> > volunteer writers, editors, and photographers who contribute every day to
> > the Wikimedia projects. And I will hold special to my heart my past and
> > current teams, including legal and community advocacy. :) You have
> taught,
> > given, and enriched me so much.
> >
> > After my departure, Michelle Paulson will serve as interim head of Legal,
> > and, subject to Board approval, Stephen LaPorte will serve as interim
> > Secretary to the Board. I can happily report that they have the
> experience
> > and expertise to ensure a smooth and professional transition.
> >
> > The future of the Foundation under Katherine's leadership is exciting.
> > Having had the pleasure of working for her, I know Katherine will take
> the
> > Foundation to its next level in promoting and defending the outstanding
> > mission and values of the Wikimedia movement. Although I'm delighted
> about
> > my next opportunity, I will miss this new chapter in the Foundation's
> > story.
> >
> > My last day at the Foundation will be July 18th. After that, I will take
> > month off to recharge my batteries, and then I start my new gig at
> YouTube
> > in the Bay Area. There, I will serve as Director of YouTube Trust &
> Safety,
> > managing global teams for policy, legal, and anti-abuse operations. As
> with
> > Wikimedia, I look forward to learning from those teams and tackling
> > together a new set of exciting, novel challenges.
> >
> > For those who want to stay in touch, please do! My personal email is:
> > [hidden email].
> >
> > With respect, admiration, and gratitude,
> >
> > Geoff

James Heilman
MD, CCFP-EM, Wikipedian

The Wikipedia Open Textbook of Medicine
www.opentextbookofmedicine.com

Re: [Wikimedia-l] With my thanks to everyone ...

Isaac Olatunde
Thanks for your impeccable service,  Geoff. Wishing you all the best in your future endeavors.

Isaac
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless handheld from Glo Mobile.

wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Over the past five years, I’ve been honored to serve as the General Counsel
> and Secretary of the Wikimedia Foundation. This job has been amazing, and
> I’m grateful to everyone who has made it so rewarding. It's now time for my
> next step, so, in the coming days, I will be leaving the Foundation to
> pursue a new career opportunity.
>
> I depart with such love for the mission, the Foundation, the Wikimedia
> communities, and my colleagues at work. I thank my past and present bosses
> as well as the Board for their support and guidance. I stand in awe of the
> volunteer writers, editors, and photographers who contribute every day to
> the Wikimedia projects. And I will hold special to my heart my past and
> current teams, including legal and community advocacy. :) You have taught,
> given, and enriched me so much.
>
> After my departure, Michelle Paulson will serve as interim head of Legal,
> and, subject to Board approval, Stephen LaPorte will serve as interim
> Secretary to the Board. I can happily report that they have the experience
> and expertise to ensure a smooth and professional transition.
>
> The future of the Foundation under Katherine's leadership is exciting.
> Having had the pleasure of working for her, I know Katherine will take the
> Foundation to its next level in promoting and defending the outstanding
> mission and values of the Wikimedia movement. Although I'm delighted about
> my next opportunity, I will miss this new chapter in the Foundation's
> story.
>
> My last day at the Foundation will be July 18th. After that, I will take a
> month off to recharge my batteries, and then I start my new gig at YouTube
> in the Bay Area. There, I will serve as Director of YouTube Trust & Safety,
> managing global teams for policy, legal, and anti-abuse operations. As with
> Wikimedia, I look forward to learning from those teams and tackling
> together a new set of exciting, novel challenges.
>
> For those who want to stay in touch, please do! My personal email is:
> [hidden email].
>
> With respect, admiration, and gratitude,
>
> Geoff

Re: [Wikimedia-l] With my thanks to everyone ...

Kat Walsh-4
Geoff,

I remember having the great pleasure of welcoming you to Wikimedia and
helping introduce you to the culture and challenges of a very unusual
organization, and later having the great pleasure of working with you
as you served as a keystone of its leadership.

It would be impossible to thank you enough for everything you've
done--all of the public work that has been justly recognized and
applauded, and the iceberg of invisible work that comes with the role
that will never be publicly recognized, but which deserves the
recognition just as much. (And a particular thanks for all of your
work with the board, which I know came with its own set of
challenges!) The legal department is not always greatly loved in any
organization, and frequently not one that gets to be a champion of the
mission itself, but you have made this happen at WMF. Your insight and
guidance, your legal experience, your leadership, and your dedication
to the people and the principles of the movement have all been
invaluable. And your commitment to building the organization and the
people in it means you leave the legal department in good hands;
congratulations to Michelle and Stephen on their new roles.

And finally, for me personally, you have been a great mentor and a
great friend. Best of luck in your new position; they are lucky to
have you.

-Kat

On Wed, Jul 13, 2016 at 2:25 PM, Geoff Brigham <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Over the past five years, I’ve been honored to serve as the General Counsel
> and Secretary of the Wikimedia Foundation. This job has been amazing, and
> I’m grateful to everyone who has made it so rewarding. It's now time for my
> next step, so, in the coming days, I will be leaving the Foundation to
> pursue a new career opportunity.
>
> I depart with such love for the mission, the Foundation, the Wikimedia
> communities, and my colleagues at work. I thank my past and present bosses
> as well as the Board for their support and guidance. I stand in awe of the
> volunteer writers, editors, and photographers who contribute every day to
> the Wikimedia projects. And I will hold special to my heart my past and
> current teams, including legal and community advocacy. :) You have taught,
> given, and enriched me so much.
>
> After my departure, Michelle Paulson will serve as interim head of Legal,
> and, subject to Board approval, Stephen LaPorte will serve as interim
> Secretary to the Board. I can happily report that they have the experience
> and expertise to ensure a smooth and professional transition.
>
> The future of the Foundation under Katherine's leadership is exciting.
> Having had the pleasure of working for her, I know Katherine will take the
> Foundation to its next level in promoting and defending the outstanding
> mission and values of the Wikimedia movement. Although I'm delighted about
> my next opportunity, I will miss this new chapter in the Foundation's
> story.
>
> My last day at the Foundation will be July 18th. After that, I will take a
> month off to recharge my batteries, and then I start my new gig at YouTube
> in the Bay Area. There, I will serve as Director of YouTube Trust & Safety,
> managing global teams for policy, legal, and anti-abuse operations. As with
> Wikimedia, I look forward to learning from those teams and tackling
> together a new set of exciting, novel challenges.
>
> For those who want to stay in touch, please do! My personal email is:
> [hidden email].
>
> With respect, admiration, and gratitude,
>
> Geoff

Re: [Wikimedia-l] With my thanks to everyone ...

Philippe Beaudette-4
For three years, I reported to Geoff, along with my team.  I knew he was a
brilliant lawyer, even before I went into it. I did not know that he was a
brilliant manager. and he is. He challenged me and taught me skills that I
use daily. He set an exceptionally high standard and accepted nothing less.
But he always smiled and cared about each of us deeply.

YouTube is very lucky to get him. This movement will never be quite the
same. Stay in touch, my friend.

Philippe
(Former minion and lackey)

On Wednesday, July 13, 2016, Kat Walsh <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
> > mission and values of the Wikimedia movement. Although I'm delighted
> about
> > my next opportunity, I will miss this new chapter in the Foundation's
> > story.
> >
> > My last day at the Foundation will be July 18th. After that, I will take
> > month off to recharge my batteries, and then I start my new gig at
> YouTube
> > in the Bay Area. There, I will serve as Director of YouTube Trust &
> Safety,
> > managing global teams for policy, legal, and anti-abuse operations. As
> with
> > Wikimedia, I look forward to learning from those teams and tackling
> > together a new set of exciting, novel challenges.
> >
> > For those who want to stay in touch, please do! My personal email is:
> > [hidden email] <javascript:;>.
> >
> > With respect, admiration, and gratitude,

Philippe Beaudette

[hidden email]
415-275-1424

Re: [Wikimedia-l] With my thanks to everyone ...

Steven Walling
Congrats on the new role Geoff, and thank you so much for your leadership
over the last half-decade. You have been a huge asset to the movement, and
will be sorely missed.
On Wed, Jul 13, 2016 at 3:29 PM Olatunde Isaac <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Thanks for your impeccable service,  Geoff. Wishing you all the best in
> your future endeavors.
>
> Isaac
> Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless handheld from Glo Mobile.

Patricio Lorente
Dear Geoff:

It has been a pleasure and an honor to work with you during my term in the
Board. Is not only that I enjoyed your advice and support, but also that I
learned so much from your leadership. I wish you best of luck in your next
adventure. And I hope we will meet again to share a beer and talk about
past times :)

         Patricio

El mié., 13 de jul. de 2016 a la(s) 19:29, Olatunde Isaac <
[hidden email]> escribió:

> Thanks for your impeccable service,  Geoff. Wishing you all the best in
> your future endeavors.
>
> Isaac
> Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless handheld from Glo Mobile.

Florence Devouard-6
I vividly remember the day we met, in Paris, before you joined the WMF.
I am really glad you decided to join the aventure for so many years. You
will be missed.

Florence

Le 13/07/16 à 23:25, Geoff Brigham a écrit :

> Hi all,
>
> Over the past five years, I’ve been honored to serve as the General Counsel
> and Secretary of the Wikimedia Foundation. This job has been amazing, and
> I’m grateful to everyone who has made it so rewarding. It's now time for my
> next step, so, in the coming days, I will be leaving the Foundation to
> pursue a new career opportunity.
>
> I depart with such love for the mission, the Foundation, the Wikimedia
> communities, and my colleagues at work. I thank my past and present bosses
> as well as the Board for their support and guidance. I stand in awe of the
> volunteer writers, editors, and photographers who contribute every day to
> the Wikimedia projects. And I will hold special to my heart my past and
> current teams, including legal and community advocacy. :) You have taught,
> given, and enriched me so much.
>
> After my departure, Michelle Paulson will serve as interim head of Legal,
> and, subject to Board approval, Stephen LaPorte will serve as interim
> Secretary to the Board. I can happily report that they have the experience
> and expertise to ensure a smooth and professional transition.
>
> The future of the Foundation under Katherine's leadership is exciting.
> Having had the pleasure of working for her, I know Katherine will take the
> Foundation to its next level in promoting and defending the outstanding
> mission and values of the Wikimedia movement. Although I'm delighted about
> my next opportunity, I will miss this new chapter in the Foundation's
> story.
>
> My last day at the Foundation will be July 18th. After that, I will take a
> month off to recharge my batteries, and then I start my new gig at YouTube
> in the Bay Area. There, I will serve as Director of YouTube Trust & Safety,
> managing global teams for policy, legal, and anti-abuse operations. As with
> Wikimedia, I look forward to learning from those teams and tackling
> together a new set of exciting, novel challenges.
>
> For those who want to stay in touch, please do! My personal email is:
> [hidden email].
>
> With respect, admiration, and gratitude,
>
> Geoff

Re: [Wikimedia-l] With my thanks to everyone ...

Erik Moeller-3
Geoff --

Many thanks for all you've done for the movement! You helped take the
WMF to a new level of professionalism, built a fantastic team, and led
it during some of the most pivotal moments in the organization's
history. During our years of working together, I deeply admired your
dedication to continuously making things better, providing mentorship
to your team and across the org, and deftly navigating the complexity
of the wiki world.

Above all, you embodied the organization's mission and values every
day, whether it was about free speech, transparency and inclusiveness,
free culture, the threat of global surveillance, or any other issue.

YouTube is lucky to bring you on board, and WMF is lucky you've built
such a great team to take things from here. Congrats and best of luck!
:)

Warmly,
Erik

Re: [Wikimedia-l] With my thanks to everyone ...

Michael Snow-5
On 7/13/2016 3:04 PM, Kat Walsh wrote:
> Geoff,
>
> Your insight and
> guidance, your legal experience, your leadership, and your dedication
> to the people and the principles of the movement have all been
> invaluable. And your commitment to building the organization and the
> people in it means you leave the legal department in good hands;
> congratulations to Michelle and Stephen on their new roles.
Kat and I are used to echoing each other, so I'll reiterate the above in
particular. I think this transition illustrates one of the hallmarks of
successful leadership, in preparing others to fill his responsibilities
capably in his absence. As a person Geoff is irreplaceable, and like
others I owe him a lot personally. But in his role in the organization,
he does have to be replaced, and I am glad we have such good
replacements on hand. Fortunately, there is no need to replace Geoff the
person, because he will still be himself. That should serve him equally
well in his new position, and he has my best wishes for all his future
endeavors.

--Michael Snow

Re: [Wikimedia-l] With my thanks to everyone ...

Ting Chen-2
Hello Geoff,

among many other things said already I think the most profound impact
you made on the whole movement was the reformation of the trademark
licensing policy and the introduction of legal assistance program. Both
immensely important for the community Also your contribution and legal
backup by introducing the current associate model, so that it can be
opened more broadly to the community, cannot be under estimated. Hope we
can stay in touch.

Greetings

Ting

Am 13.07.2016 um 23:25 schrieb Geoff Brigham:

> Hi all,
>
> Over the past five years, I’ve been honored to serve as the General Counsel
> and Secretary of the Wikimedia Foundation. This job has been amazing, and
> I’m grateful to everyone who has made it so rewarding. It's now time for my
> next step, so, in the coming days, I will be leaving the Foundation to
> pursue a new career opportunity.
>
> I depart with such love for the mission, the Foundation, the Wikimedia
> communities, and my colleagues at work. I thank my past and present bosses
> as well as the Board for their support and guidance. I stand in awe of the
> volunteer writers, editors, and photographers who contribute every day to
> the Wikimedia projects. And I will hold special to my heart my past and
> current teams, including legal and community advocacy. :) You have taught,
> given, and enriched me so much.
>
> After my departure, Michelle Paulson will serve as interim head of Legal,
> and, subject to Board approval, Stephen LaPorte will serve as interim
> Secretary to the Board. I can happily report that they have the experience
> and expertise to ensure a smooth and professional transition.
>
> The future of the Foundation under Katherine's leadership is exciting.
> Having had the pleasure of working for her, I know Katherine will take the
> Foundation to its next level in promoting and defending the outstanding
> mission and values of the Wikimedia movement. Although I'm delighted about
> my next opportunity, I will miss this new chapter in the Foundation's
> story.
>
> My last day at the Foundation will be July 18th. After that, I will take a
> month off to recharge my batteries, and then I start my new gig at YouTube
> in the Bay Area. There, I will serve as Director of YouTube Trust & Safety,
> managing global teams for policy, legal, and anti-abuse operations. As with
> Wikimedia, I look forward to learning from those teams and tackling
> together a new set of exciting, novel challenges.
>
> For those who want to stay in touch, please do! My personal email is:
> [hidden email].
>
> With respect, admiration, and gratitude,
>
> Geoff

Re: [Wikimedia-l] With my thanks to everyone ...

Itzik - Wikimedia Israel
Geoff, thank you for your great service!

At least I know we will may continue to work together as in my work I work
a lot with YouTube's teams :)

Good luck to you, to Michelle and Stephen.

*Regards,Itzik Edri*
Chairperson, Wikimedia Israel
+972-(0)-54-5878078 | http://www.wikimedia.org.il
sum of all knowledge. That's our commitment!

On Thu, Jul 14, 2016 at 12:25 AM, Geoff Brigham <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Over the past five years, I’ve been honored to serve as the General Counsel
> and Secretary of the Wikimedia Foundation. This job has been amazing, and
> I’m grateful to everyone who has made it so rewarding. It's now time for my
> next step, so, in the coming days, I will be leaving the Foundation to
> pursue a new career opportunity.
>
> I depart with such love for the mission, the Foundation, the Wikimedia
> communities, and my colleagues at work. I thank my past and present bosses
> as well as the Board for their support and guidance. I stand in awe of the
> volunteer writers, editors, and photographers who contribute every day to
> the Wikimedia projects. And I will hold special to my heart my past and
> current teams, including legal and community advocacy. :) You have taught,
> given, and enriched me so much.
>
> After my departure, Michelle Paulson will serve as interim head of Legal,
> and, subject to Board approval, Stephen LaPorte will serve as interim
> Secretary to the Board. I can happily report that they have the experience
> and expertise to ensure a smooth and professional transition.
>
> The future of the Foundation under Katherine's leadership is exciting.
> Having had the pleasure of working for her, I know Katherine will take the
> Foundation to its next level in promoting and defending the outstanding
> mission and values of the Wikimedia movement. Although I'm delighted about
> my next opportunity, I will miss this new chapter in the Foundation's
> story.
>
> My last day at the Foundation will be July 18th. After that, I will take a
> month off to recharge my batteries, and then I start my new gig at YouTube
> in the Bay Area. There, I will serve as Director of YouTube Trust & Safety,
> managing global teams for policy, legal, and anti-abuse operations. As with
> Wikimedia, I look forward to learning from those teams and tackling
> together a new set of exciting, novel challenges.
>
> For those who want to stay in touch, please do! My personal email is:
> [hidden email].
>
> With respect, admiration, and gratitude,
>
> Geoff

Re: [Wikimedia-l] With my thanks to everyone ...

Delphine Ménard
Darn. Just when I was thinking we could finally catch up. Well, it
*will* have to be in France then, or somewhere else where the grass is
green and the sea some shade of blue. Thank you for all the fish.

*hugs*

Delphine

On 14 July 2016 at 08:48, Itzik - Wikimedia Israel
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Geoff, thank you for your great service!
>
> At least I know we will may continue to work together as in my work I work
> a lot with YouTube's teams :)
>
> Good luck to you, to Michelle and Stephen.
>

> *Regards,Itzik Edri*
> Chairperson, Wikimedia Israel
> +972-(0)-54-5878078 | http://www.wikimedia.org.il
> sum of all knowledge. That's our commitment!
>

> On Thu, Jul 14, 2016 at 12:25 AM, Geoff Brigham <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Over the past five years, I’ve been honored to serve as the General Counsel
>> and Secretary of the Wikimedia Foundation. This job has been amazing, and
>> I’m grateful to everyone who has made it so rewarding. It's now time for my
>> next step, so, in the coming days, I will be leaving the Foundation to
>> pursue a new career opportunity.
>>
>> I depart with such love for the mission, the Foundation, the Wikimedia
>> communities, and my colleagues at work. I thank my past and present bosses
>> as well as the Board for their support and guidance. I stand in awe of the
>> volunteer writers, editors, and photographers who contribute every day to
>> the Wikimedia projects. And I will hold special to my heart my past and
>> current teams, including legal and community advocacy. :) You have taught,
>> given, and enriched me so much.
>>
>> After my departure, Michelle Paulson will serve as interim head of Legal,
>> and, subject to Board approval, Stephen LaPorte will serve as interim
>> Secretary to the Board. I can happily report that they have the experience
>> and expertise to ensure a smooth and professional transition.
>>
>> The future of the Foundation under Katherine's leadership is exciting.
>> Having had the pleasure of working for her, I know Katherine will take the
>> Foundation to its next level in promoting and defending the outstanding
>> mission and values of the Wikimedia movement. Although I'm delighted about
>> my next opportunity, I will miss this new chapter in the Foundation's
>> story.
>>
>> My last day at the Foundation will be July 18th. After that, I will take a
>> month off to recharge my batteries, and then I start my new gig at YouTube
>> in the Bay Area. There, I will serve as Director of YouTube Trust & Safety,
>> managing global teams for policy, legal, and anti-abuse operations. As with
>> Wikimedia, I look forward to learning from those teams and tackling
>> together a new set of exciting, novel challenges.
>>
>> For those who want to stay in touch, please do! My personal email is:
>> [hidden email].
>>
>> With respect, admiration, and gratitude,
>>
>> Geoff

@notafish

Re: [Wikimedia-l] With my thanks to everyone ...

Michael Jahn-3
Working with you has been a brief but nonetheless great pleasure, Geoff!
Wishing you all the best for this exciting change!
Michael

--

Michael Jahn
Leiter Kommunikation & Partnerschaften

Tel. (030) 219 158 260

http://wikimedia.de <http://www.wikimedia.de>

Stellen Sie sich eine Welt vor, in der jeder Mensch freien Zugang zu der
Gesamtheit des Wissens der Menschheit hat. Helfen Sie uns dabei!

> Hi all,
>
> Over the past five years, I’ve been honored to serve as the General Counsel
> and Secretary of the Wikimedia Foundation. This job has been amazing, and
> I’m grateful to everyone who has made it so rewarding. It's now time for my
> next step, so, in the coming days, I will be leaving the Foundation to
> pursue a new career opportunity.
>
> I depart with such love for the mission, the Foundation, the Wikimedia
> communities, and my colleagues at work. I thank my past and present bosses
> as well as the Board for their support and guidance. I stand in awe of the
> volunteer writers, editors, and photographers who contribute every day to
> the Wikimedia projects. And I will hold special to my heart my past and
> current teams, including legal and community advocacy. :) You have taught,
> given, and enriched me so much.
>
> After my departure, Michelle Paulson will serve as interim head of Legal,
> and, subject to Board approval, Stephen LaPorte will serve as interim
> Secretary to the Board. I can happily report that they have the experience
> and expertise to ensure a smooth and professional transition.
>
> The future of the Foundation under Katherine's leadership is exciting.
> Having had the pleasure of working for her, I know Katherine will take the
> Foundation to its next level in promoting and defending the outstanding
> mission and values of the Wikimedia movement. Although I'm delighted about
> my next opportunity, I will miss this new chapter in the Foundation's
> story.
>
> My last day at the Foundation will be July 18th. After that, I will take a
> month off to recharge my batteries, and then I start my new gig at YouTube
> in the Bay Area. There, I will serve as Director of YouTube Trust & Safety,
> managing global teams for policy, legal, and anti-abuse operations. As with
> Wikimedia, I look forward to learning from those teams and tackling
> together a new set of exciting, novel challenges.
>
> For those who want to stay in touch, please do! My personal email is:
> [hidden email].
>
> With respect, admiration, and gratitude,
>
> Geoff

Re: [Wikimedia-l] With my thanks to everyone ...

Ziko van Dijk-3
It was always great to talk to you, Geofff, I wish you all the best
and hope that from time to time the Wikimedia movement still will
enjoy your advice.
Ziko

> Working with you has been a brief but nonetheless great pleasure, Geoff!
> Wishing you all the best for this exciting change!
> Michael
>
> --
>
> Michael Jahn
> Leiter Kommunikation & Partnerschaften
> Head of Communications & Partnerships

> Tel. (030) 219 158 260
>
> http://wikimedia.de <http://www.wikimedia.de>
>
> Stellen Sie sich eine Welt vor, in der jeder Mensch freien Zugang zu der
> Gesamtheit des Wissens der Menschheit hat. Helfen Sie uns dabei!

>> Hi all,
>>
>> Over the past five years, I’ve been honored to serve as the General Counsel
>> and Secretary of the Wikimedia Foundation. This job has been amazing, and
>> I’m grateful to everyone who has made it so rewarding. It's now time for my
>> next step, so, in the coming days, I will be leaving the Foundation to
>> pursue a new career opportunity.
>>
>> I depart with such love for the mission, the Foundation, the Wikimedia
>> communities, and my colleagues at work. I thank my past and present bosses
>> as well as the Board for their support and guidance. I stand in awe of the
>> volunteer writers, editors, and photographers who contribute every day to
>> the Wikimedia projects. And I will hold special to my heart my past and
>> current teams, including legal and community advocacy. :) You have taught,
>> given, and enriched me so much.
>>
>> After my departure, Michelle Paulson will serve as interim head of Legal,
>> and, subject to Board approval, Stephen LaPorte will serve as interim
>> Secretary to the Board. I can happily report that they have the experience
>> and expertise to ensure a smooth and professional transition.
>>
>> The future of the Foundation under Katherine's leadership is exciting.
>> Having had the pleasure of working for her, I know Katherine will take the
>> Foundation to its next level in promoting and defending the outstanding
>> mission and values of the Wikimedia movement. Although I'm delighted about
>> my next opportunity, I will miss this new chapter in the Foundation's
>> story.
>>
>> My last day at the Foundation will be July 18th. After that, I will take a
>> month off to recharge my batteries, and then I start my new gig at YouTube
>> in the Bay Area. There, I will serve as Director of YouTube Trust & Safety,
>> managing global teams for policy, legal, and anti-abuse operations. As with
>> Wikimedia, I look forward to learning from those teams and tackling
>> together a new set of exciting, novel challenges.
>>
>> For those who want to stay in touch, please do! My personal email is:
>> [hidden email].
>>
>> With respect, admiration, and gratitude,
>>
>> Geoff

Re: [Wikimedia-l] With my thanks to everyone ...

Christophe Henner-3
Hey,

I've said that privately earlier this week, I'll reiterate publicly.

Thank you so much for all the work and energy you've put into the movement.

I'm sad we won't get to work much together but really happy you've Landes a
great job at YouTube!

Of course any time you come to France I'd be happy to have you and enjoy
wine in my garden :)

Good luck for your new job, even though you won't need any!

And I hope we'll get to see you roaming in the movement in the future.

Christophe

Le 14 juil. 2016 3:31 PM, "Ziko van Dijk" <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> [...]
> >> my next opportunity, I will miss this new chapter in the Foundation's
> >> story.
> >>
> >> My last day at the Foundation will be July 18th. After that, I will
> take a
> >> month off to recharge my batteries, and then I start my new gig at
> YouTube
> >> in the Bay Area. There, I will serve as Director of YouTube Trust &
> Safety,
> >> managing global teams for policy, legal, and anti-abuse operations. As
> with
> >> Wikimedia, I look forward to learning from those teams and tackling
> >> together a new set of exciting, novel challenges.
> >>
> >> For those who want to stay in touch, please do! My personal email is:
> >> [hidden email].
> >>
> >> With respect, admiration, and gratitude,
> >>
> >> Geoff

Re: [Wikimedia-l] With my thanks to everyone ...

Ilya Korniyko
Dear Geoff,

Wikimedia Ukraine had a pleasure to work with you and your team closely at
least twice: when we wanted to make sure that our community event logo was
not breaking any rules and when we had a dispute about Wiki Loves Monuments
in Crimea. The last issue was really big to tackle amiably, of course, but
it is not a point here. I am grateful for your work and I wish you good
luck in the new chapters of your life!

Best regards,
Ilya Korniiko
Chair, Wikimedia Ukraine