[Wikimedia-l] Your questions about KE.

Lila Tretikov
Hello, everyone.

There are a lot of questions still floating around around the Knowledge
Engine, in a lot of different places. I want to answer them fully, directly
and in one central place. To that end, I’m going to be putting together an FAQ
page <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Knowledge_Engine/FAQ> on Meta to ask
and answer questions and - with the help of our staff -- to address them.
We will release answers as we are able to collect and address them, so
depending on the number of questions we get it may take a while, but we
will begin responding during Pacific working hours today.

If you have questions, please send them or leave them there. We may
aggregate similar questions, but we will do our best to answer all of them
to your satisfaction.

Thank you for sharing,

Lila

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Your questions about KE.

Bence Damokos
Thanks Lila for posting this.
Just as a courtesy to those who follow the topic here on the mailing list,
can you please send an update to this list whenever there is new content on
the page, or at least when there are significant changes?

Best regards,
Bence

> Hello, everyone.
>
> There are a lot of questions still floating around around the Knowledge
> Engine, in a lot of different places. I want to answer them fully, directly
> and in one central place. To that end, I’m going to be putting together an
> page <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Knowledge_Engine/FAQ> on Meta to ask
> and answer questions and - with the help of our staff -- to address them.
> We will release answers as we are able to collect and address them, so
> depending on the number of questions we get it may take a while, but we
> will begin responding during Pacific working hours today.
>
> If you have questions, please send them or leave them there. We may
> aggregate similar questions, but we will do our best to answer all of them
> to your satisfaction.
>
> Thank you for sharing,
>
> Lila

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Your questions about KE.

SarahSV
Lila, thank you for setting this up. I think it will help a lot.

Sarah

On Wed, Feb 17, 2016 at 12:22 PM, Bence Damokos <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks Lila for posting this.
> Just as a courtesy to those who follow the topic here on the mailing list,
> can you please send an update to this list whenever there is new content on
> the page, or at least when there are significant changes?
>
> Best regards,
> Bence

> > Hello, everyone.
> >
> > There are a lot of questions still floating around around the Knowledge
> > Engine, in a lot of different places. I want to answer them fully,
> directly
> > and in one central place. To that end, I’m going to be putting together
> an
> > page <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Knowledge_Engine/FAQ> on Meta to
> ask
> > and answer questions and - with the help of our staff -- to address them.
> > We will release answers as we are able to collect and address them, so
> > depending on the number of questions we get it may take a while, but we
> > will begin responding during Pacific working hours today.
> >
> > If you have questions, please send them or leave them there. We may
> > aggregate similar questions, but we will do our best to answer all of
> them
> > to your satisfaction.
> >
> > Thank you for sharing,
> >
> > Lila

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Your questions about KE.

MZMcBride-2
Lila Tretikov wrote:
>There are a lot of questions still floating around around the Knowledge
>Engine, in a lot of different places. I want to answer them fully,
>directly and in one central place. To that end, I’m going to be putting
>together an FAQ page
><https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Knowledge_Engine/FAQ> on Meta to ask and
>answer questions and - with the help of our staff -- to address them. We
>will release answers as we are able to collect and address them, so
>depending on the number of questions we get it may take a while, but we
>will begin responding during Pacific working hours today.

Thank you for starting this page and for taking the lead in responding to
questions raised about the proposed Knowledge Engine.

>If you have questions, please send them or leave them there. We may
>aggregate similar questions, but we will do our best to answer all of them
>to your satisfaction.

I've e-mailed you privately.

MZMcBride

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Your questions about KE.

Lila Tretikov
just a quick note... quite a few questions are being answered on the page.

On Wed, Feb 17, 2016 at 6:33 PM, MZMcBride <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Lila Tretikov wrote:
> >There are a lot of questions still floating around around the Knowledge
> >Engine, in a lot of different places. I want to answer them fully,
> >directly and in one central place. To that end, I’m going to be putting
> >together an FAQ page
> ><https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Knowledge_Engine/FAQ> on Meta to ask and
> >answer questions and - with the help of our staff -- to address them. We
> >will release answers as we are able to collect and address them, so
> >depending on the number of questions we get it may take a while, but we
> >will begin responding during Pacific working hours today.
>
> Thank you for starting this page and for taking the lead in responding to
> questions raised about the proposed Knowledge Engine.
>
> >If you have questions, please send them or leave them there. We may
> >aggregate similar questions, but we will do our best to answer all of them
> >to your satisfaction.
>
> I've e-mailed you privately.
>
> MZMcBride

Lila Tretikov
Wikimedia Foundation

*“Be bold and mighty forces will come to your aid.”*

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Your questions about KE.

theo10011
On Thu, Feb 18, 2016, Bence Damokos <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Just as a courtesy to those who follow the topic here on the mailing list,
> can you please send an update to this list whenever there is new content on
> the page, or at least when there are significant changes?

This seemed relevant.

Brion gave some background on KE [1] and if anyone remembers, I think this
might have had something to do with this [2].

Regards
Theo

[1]
https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Knowledge_Engine%2FFAQ&type=revision&diff=15359671&oldid=15358976
[2]
https://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikimedia-l/2016-January/080913.html

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Your questions about KE.

Austin Hair
On Sat, Feb 20, 2016 at 12:56 PM, Theo10011 <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 18, 2016, Bence Damokos <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Just as a courtesy to those who follow the topic here on the mailing list,
>> can you please send an update to this list whenever there is new content on
>> the page, or at least when there are significant changes?
>
> This seemed relevant.
>
> Brion gave some background on KE [1] and if anyone remembers, I think this
> might have had something to do with this [2].

This is indeed highly relevant, and I would have probably missed it
for a few more days if not for the heads-up. Thanks, Theo.

Austin