[Wikimedia-l] convert from BitCoin to FoldingCoin and other proofs of useful work

Re: [Wikimedia-l] convert from BitCoin to FoldingCoin and other proofs of useful work

geni
On Thu, 1 Nov 2018 at 07:23, James Salsman <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Geni, it's the "Day of the Dead" now so I want to attempt to resurrect
> this thread.
>
> Is FoldingCoin still vulnerable to a 51% attack? What is a 51% attack?

You've had 6 months to do this basic research.

> Do you think it is reasonable for the Foundation to convert bitcoin to
> FoldingCoin as part of its program to source clean electricity?

No. Cash is more efficient.

Re: [Wikimedia-l] convert from BitCoin to FoldingCoin and other proofs of useful work

Joseph Fox
Please please please take this conversation to another venue. It has little
to nothing to do with this movement.

Joe
On Fri, Nov 2, 2018 at 18:15, geni <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Thu, 1 Nov 2018 at 07:23, James Salsman <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Geni, it's the "Day of the Dead" now so I want to attempt to resurrect
> > this thread.
> >
> > Is FoldingCoin still vulnerable to a 51% attack? What is a 51% attack?
>
> You've had 6 months to do this basic research.
>
> > Do you think it is reasonable for the Foundation to convert bitcoin to
> > FoldingCoin as part of its program to source clean electricity?
>
> No. Cash is more efficient.

[Wikimedia-l] strategy proposals on meta (was Re: convert from BitCoin to FoldingCoin and other proofs of useful work)

James Salsman-2
Thanks to all who participated in this discussion. I am glad to
withdraw my cryptocurrency proposals below, which are not included in
the proposals at
https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Talk:Strategy/Wikimedia_movement/2018-20&diff=prev&oldid=18545871

It seems fair to assume that changing circumstances can result in
changing answers to questions. Anyone should be forgiven for asking
the same question when there is evidence that consensus has changed.
Accordingly, I do expect that the cryptocurrency cash-out instructions
question will arise again, probably in years or decades not months. I
remain in favor of converting to foldingcoin before cashing out in
fiat currency if and only if foldingcoin hasn't been corrupting the
validity of the Folding@Home results.

Best regards,
Jim