[Wikimedia-l] documentaries about Wikipedia

[Wikimedia-l] documentaries about Wikipedia

Mardetanha-2
Dear all,
We (https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Iranian_Wikimedians_User_Group) have
 been invited to talk about Wikipedia in one of Iranian well-known and
respected academic gatherings.
As part of this we have 40 minute time to show a film (preferably a
documentary ) about our movement, I am aware of
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_films_about_Wikipedia but I would
like to know if you have anything else in your disposal?
Thanks
Mardetanha

Re: [Wikimedia-l] documentaries about Wikipedia

Gnangarra
some of these perhaps
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:The_Impact_of_Wikipedia

On 10 December 2016 at 05:50, Mardetanha <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear all,
> We (https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Iranian_Wikimedians_User_Group) have
>  been invited to talk about Wikipedia in one of Iranian well-known and
> respected academic gatherings.
> As part of this we have 40 minute time to show a film (preferably a
> documentary ) about our movement, I am aware of
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_films_about_Wikipedia but I would
> like to know if you have anything else in your disposal?
> Thanks
> Mardetanha

GN.
President Wikimedia Australia

Re: [Wikimedia-l] documentaries about Wikipedia

Victor Grigas
Hi everyone,

My first suggestion - this documentary from Wikimania 2013 is slightly
outdated but does explain the basics of the Wikimedia movement in about 30
minutes, and is appropriate for a 'theater' setting:
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Wikimania_2013_in_Hong_Kong_(no_subtitles).webm
(version with burned-in English subtitles)
https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=File%3AWikimania_2013_in_Hong_Kong.webm

If that's too long, here's a 2 minute version about Wikimania from this
year:
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Wikimania_2016_in_Esino_Lario,_Italy_(no_subtitles).webm
(version with burned-in English subtitles)
https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=File%3AWikimania_2016_in_Esino_Lario%2C_Italy.webm

This 12-part series (about 30 minutes total) designed for teachers about
using Wikipedia in Educational settings:
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Wikipedia_in_Education_12-part_video_series

All videos have open captions that can be translated.

On Fri, Dec 9, 2016 at 4:50 PM, Mardetanha <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Dear all,
> We (https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Iranian_Wikimedians_User_Group) have
>  been invited to talk about Wikipedia in one of Iranian well-known and
> respected academic gatherings.
> As part of this we have 40 minute time to show a film (preferably a
> documentary ) about our movement, I am aware of
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_films_about_Wikipedia but I would
> like to know if you have anything else in your disposal?
> Thanks
> Mardetanha

*Victor Grigas*
Video Production Manager
Wikimedia Foundation <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQzZI0l3IOw>
[hidden email]
https://donate.wikimedia.org/

Re: [Wikimedia-l] documentaries about Wikipedia

Andy Cruz y Corro
Over here there's also a 30-min documentary about Wikimania 2015 [1] and a
9-min teaser [2]. If you want shorter videos, maybe the Wikimedia Mexico
Youtube channel might help [3]

Cheers

[1] https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Wikimania_2015_documentary.webm
[2]
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Wikiman%C3%ADa_2015_en_la_Ciudad_de_M%C3%A9xico_-_Documental_(teaser)_.webm
[3] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCv614ar6uOFcbpI1ocCbgfw/feed

On Fri, Dec 9, 2016 at 7:07 PM, Victor Grigas <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> My first suggestion - this documentary from Wikimania 2013 is slightly
> outdated but does explain the basics of the Wikimedia movement in about 30
> minutes, and is appropriate for a 'theater' setting:
> https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Wikimania_2013_in_
> Hong_Kong_(no_subtitles).webm
> (version with burned-in English subtitles)
> 3AWikimania_2013_in_Hong_Kong.webm
>
> If that's too long, here's a 2 minute version about Wikimania from this
> year:
> https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Wikimania_2016_in_
> Esino_Lario,_Italy_(no_subtitles).webm
> (version with burned-in English subtitles)
> 3AWikimania_2016_in_Esino_Lario%2C_Italy.webm
>
> This 12-part series (about 30 minutes total) designed for teachers about
> using Wikipedia in Educational settings:
> https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Wikipedia_in_
> Education_12-part_video_series
>
> All videos have open captions that can be translated.
>

> On Fri, Dec 9, 2016 at 4:50 PM, Mardetanha <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Dear all,
> > We (https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Iranian_Wikimedians_User_Group) have
> >  been invited to talk about Wikipedia in one of Iranian well-known and
> > respected academic gatherings.
> > As part of this we have 40 minute time to show a film (preferably a
> > documentary ) about our movement, I am aware of
> > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_films_about_Wikipedia but I would
> > like to know if you have anything else in your disposal?
> > Thanks
> > Mardetanha

> *Victor Grigas*
> Video Production Manager
> Wikimedia Foundation <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQzZI0l3IOw>
> [hidden email]
> https://donate.wikimedia.org/

"Imagina un mundo en donde cada persona del planeta pueda tener acceso
libre a la suma total de todo el conocimiento humano. Eso es lo que estamos
haciendo."—Jimmy Wales <https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Wales>.

Socio de Wikimedia México
<https://mx.wikimedia.org/wiki/P%C3%A1gina_principal>.

[image: Andrés C y C on about.me]

Andrés Cruz y Corro
about.me/andycyca
  <http://about.me/andycyca>

Re: [Wikimedia-l] documentaries about Wikipedia

Andrew Lih
While this is not a documentary per se, this video is a “reel” of the best
videos of the Wikimedia movement strung together that in the US, we’ve
played before edit-a-thons and events. It’s about 25 minutes in total, and
there’s a countdown timer in the upper left hand corner that helps give
folks a sense of when an event starts.

We’ve found this helps provide some energy to the room and is useful for
people new to the movement to see human faces behind projects all around
the world. It was used at Wikiconference North America, the United Nations,
and Wikimedia DC edit-a-thons. You’re welcome to use it and to give us
ideas on how to improve it.

https://vimeo.com/191543645

Videos used:

Edit 2015
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rm1LKcHD1VE

Mexico edit-a-thon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94KtOE39Hyw

#BlackLifeMatters Wikipedia Edit-a-thon in Harlem, New York City
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbSaPf-9B6Q

Summer Wikicamp 2015 - Armenia
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12g9645x6gA

What is Wikipedia Zero? - Jimmy narration
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaZf6h0Pus8

Wikimania 2016
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SufXYsbMI8E

Wikipedia Edit-a-thon at the Innovation Hub
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVIGfA0WqI8

The 2016 Wikimedia Hackathon in Jerusalem
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFR2_4GEnoQ

-Andrew

wrote:

> Dear all,
> We (https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Iranian_Wikimedians_User_Group) have
>  been invited to talk about Wikipedia in one of Iranian well-known and
> respected academic gatherings.
> As part of this we have 40 minute time to show a film (preferably a
> documentary ) about our movement, I am aware of
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_films_about_Wikipedia but I would
> like to know if you have anything else in your disposal?
> Thanks
> Mardetanha

Re: [Wikimedia-l] documentaries about Wikipedia

Andrew Lih
PS: One more video in that collection that was used:

Wiki Loves Libraries 2013
https://vimeo.com/78005986

On Sat, Dec 10, 2016 at 8:31 AM, Andrew Lih <[hidden email]> wrote:

> While this is not a documentary per se, this video is a “reel” of the best
> videos of the Wikimedia movement strung together that in the US, we’ve
> played before edit-a-thons and events. It’s about 25 minutes in total, and
> there’s a countdown timer in the upper left hand corner that helps give
> folks a sense of when an event starts.
>
> We’ve found this helps provide some energy to the room and is useful for
> people new to the movement to see human faces behind projects all around
> the world. It was used at Wikiconference North America, the United Nations,
> and Wikimedia DC edit-a-thons. You’re welcome to use it and to give us
> ideas on how to improve it.
>
> https://vimeo.com/191543645
>
> Videos used:
>
> Edit 2015
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rm1LKcHD1VE
>
> Mexico edit-a-thon
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94KtOE39Hyw
>
> #BlackLifeMatters Wikipedia Edit-a-thon in Harlem, New York City
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbSaPf-9B6Q
>
> Summer Wikicamp 2015 - Armenia
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12g9645x6gA
>
> What is Wikipedia Zero? - Jimmy narration
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaZf6h0Pus8
>
> Wikimania 2016
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SufXYsbMI8E
>
> Wikipedia Edit-a-thon at the Innovation Hub
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVIGfA0WqI8
>
> The 2016 Wikimedia Hackathon in Jerusalem
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFR2_4GEnoQ
>

> -Andrew
>

> On Fri, Dec 9, 2016 at 4:50 PM, Mardetanha <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> Dear all,
>> We (https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Iranian_Wikimedians_User_Group) have
>>  been invited to talk about Wikipedia in one of Iranian well-known and
>> respected academic gatherings.
>> As part of this we have 40 minute time to show a film (preferably a
>> documentary ) about our movement, I am aware of
>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_films_about_Wikipedia but I would
>> like to know if you have anything else in your disposal?
>> Thanks
>> Mardetanha

Re: [Wikimedia-l] documentaries about Wikipedia

Victor Grigas
And one more from Wikimedia Argentina:

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Soy_Wikipedista.webm

On Sat, Dec 10, 2016 at 8:36 AM, Andrew Lih <[hidden email]> wrote:

> PS: One more video in that collection that was used:
>
> Wiki Loves Libraries 2013
> https://vimeo.com/78005986
>

> On Sat, Dec 10, 2016 at 8:31 AM, Andrew Lih <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > While this is not a documentary per se, this video is a “reel” of the
> best
> > videos of the Wikimedia movement strung together that in the US, we’ve
> > played before edit-a-thons and events. It’s about 25 minutes in total,
> and
> > there’s a countdown timer in the upper left hand corner that helps give
> > folks a sense of when an event starts.
> >
> > We’ve found this helps provide some energy to the room and is useful for
> > people new to the movement to see human faces behind projects all around
> > the world. It was used at Wikiconference North America, the United
> Nations,
> > and Wikimedia DC edit-a-thons. You’re welcome to use it and to give us
> > ideas on how to improve it.
> >
> > https://vimeo.com/191543645
> >
> > Videos used:
> >
> > Edit 2015
> > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rm1LKcHD1VE
> >
> > Mexico edit-a-thon
> > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94KtOE39Hyw
> >
> > #BlackLifeMatters Wikipedia Edit-a-thon in Harlem, New York City
> > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbSaPf-9B6Q
> >
> > Summer Wikicamp 2015 - Armenia
> > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12g9645x6gA
> >
> > What is Wikipedia Zero? - Jimmy narration
> > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaZf6h0Pus8
> >
> > Wikimania 2016
> > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SufXYsbMI8E
> >
> > Wikipedia Edit-a-thon at the Innovation Hub
> > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVIGfA0WqI8
> >
> > The 2016 Wikimedia Hackathon in Jerusalem
> > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFR2_4GEnoQ
> >

> > -Andrew
> >

> > On Fri, Dec 9, 2016 at 4:50 PM, Mardetanha <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> Dear all,
> >> We (https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Iranian_Wikimedians_User_Group)
> have
> >>  been invited to talk about Wikipedia in one of Iranian well-known and
> >> respected academic gatherings.
> >> As part of this we have 40 minute time to show a film (preferably a
> >> documentary ) about our movement, I am aware of
> >> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_films_about_Wikipedia but I would
> >> like to know if you have anything else in your disposal?
> >> Thanks
> >> Mardetanha

*Victor Grigas*
Video Production Manager
Wikimedia Foundation <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQzZI0l3IOw>
[hidden email]
https://donate.wikimedia.org/

Re: [Wikimedia-l] documentaries about Wikipedia

Mardetanha-2
Thanks indeed everyone, if you later find something, I would be the most
grateful if you could add it to this thread

Mardetanha

On Sun, Dec 11, 2016 at 6:03 AM, Victor Grigas <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> And one more from Wikimedia Argentina:
>
> https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Soy_Wikipedista.webm
>
> On Sat, Dec 10, 2016 at 8:36 AM, Andrew Lih <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > PS: One more video in that collection that was used:
> >
> > Wiki Loves Libraries 2013
> > https://vimeo.com/78005986
> >

> > On Sat, Dec 10, 2016 at 8:31 AM, Andrew Lih <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > > While this is not a documentary per se, this video is a “reel” of the
> > best
> > > videos of the Wikimedia movement strung together that in the US, we’ve
> > > played before edit-a-thons and events. It’s about 25 minutes in total,
> > and
> > > there’s a countdown timer in the upper left hand corner that helps give
> > > folks a sense of when an event starts.
> > >
> > > We’ve found this helps provide some energy to the room and is useful
> for
> > > people new to the movement to see human faces behind projects all
> around
> > > the world. It was used at Wikiconference North America, the United
> > Nations,
> > > and Wikimedia DC edit-a-thons. You’re welcome to use it and to give us
> > > ideas on how to improve it.
> > >
> > > https://vimeo.com/191543645
> > >
> > > Videos used:
> > >
> > > Edit 2015
> > > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rm1LKcHD1VE
> > >
> > > Mexico edit-a-thon
> > > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94KtOE39Hyw
> > >
> > > #BlackLifeMatters Wikipedia Edit-a-thon in Harlem, New York City
> > > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbSaPf-9B6Q
> > >
> > > Summer Wikicamp 2015 - Armenia
> > > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12g9645x6gA
> > >
> > > What is Wikipedia Zero? - Jimmy narration
> > > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaZf6h0Pus8
> > >
> > > Wikimania 2016
> > > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SufXYsbMI8E
> > >
> > > Wikipedia Edit-a-thon at the Innovation Hub
> > > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVIGfA0WqI8
> > >
> > > The 2016 Wikimedia Hackathon in Jerusalem
> > > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFR2_4GEnoQ
> > >

> > > -Andrew

> > have
> would

> *Victor Grigas*
> Video Production Manager
> Wikimedia Foundation <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQzZI0l3IOw>
> [hidden email]
> https://donate.wikimedia.org/

Re: [Wikimedia-l] documentaries about Wikipedia

Joseph Fox
There's the GLAM-Wiki documentary that Rock drum and I put together back in
2013 with the support of Wikimedia UK:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlNT16gqHyo
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:The_GLAM-Wiki_Revolution.webm

It has translatable subtitles in a bunch of languages too :)

best,
Joe

wrote:

> And one more from Wikimedia Argentina:
>
> https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Soy_Wikipedista.webm
>
> On Sat, Dec 10, 2016 at 8:36 AM, Andrew Lih <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > PS: One more video in that collection that was used:
> >
> > Wiki Loves Libraries 2013
> > https://vimeo.com/78005986
> >

> > On Sat, Dec 10, 2016 at 8:31 AM, Andrew Lih <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > > While this is not a documentary per se, this video is a “reel” of the
> > best
> > > videos of the Wikimedia movement strung together that in the US, we’ve
> > > played before edit-a-thons and events. It’s about 25 minutes in total,
> > and
> > > there’s a countdown timer in the upper left hand corner that helps
give

> > > folks a sense of when an event starts.
> > >
> > > We’ve found this helps provide some energy to the room and is useful
> for
> > > people new to the movement to see human faces behind projects all
> around
> > > the world. It was used at Wikiconference North America, the United
> > Nations,
> > > and Wikimedia DC edit-a-thons. You’re welcome to use it and to give us
> > > ideas on how to improve it.
> > >
> > > https://vimeo.com/191543645
> > >
> > > Videos used:
> > >
> > > Edit 2015
> > > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rm1LKcHD1VE
> > >
> > > Mexico edit-a-thon
> > > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94KtOE39Hyw
> > >
> > > #BlackLifeMatters Wikipedia Edit-a-thon in Harlem, New York City
> > > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbSaPf-9B6Q
> > >
> > > Summer Wikicamp 2015 - Armenia
> > > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12g9645x6gA
> > >
> > > What is Wikipedia Zero? - Jimmy narration
> > > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaZf6h0Pus8
> > >
> > > Wikimania 2016
> > > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SufXYsbMI8E
> > >
> > > Wikipedia Edit-a-thon at the Innovation Hub
> > > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVIGfA0WqI8
> > >
> > > The 2016 Wikimedia Hackathon in Jerusalem
> > > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFR2_4GEnoQ
> > >

> > > -Andrew

> > have
and

> would

> *Victor Grigas*
> Video Production Manager
> Wikimedia Foundation <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQzZI0l3IOw>
> [hidden email]
> https://donate.wikimedia.org/

Re: [Wikimedia-l] documentaries about Wikipedia

Lodewijk
There's also this movie made because of the Erasmusprize:
https://archive.org/details/videoeditserver-129

It's quite short though (9min), so not sure if it fits your purpose.

Lodewijk

> There's the GLAM-Wiki documentary that Rock drum and I put together back in
> 2013 with the support of Wikimedia UK:
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlNT16gqHyo
> https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:The_GLAM-Wiki_Revolution.webm
>
> It has translatable subtitles in a bunch of languages too :)
>
> best,
> Joe
>

> On Mon, 12 Dec 2016 at 13:11 Mardetanha <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Thanks indeed everyone, if you later find something, I would be the most
> grateful if you could add it to this thread
>
> Mardetanha
>
> On Sun, Dec 11, 2016 at 6:03 AM, Victor Grigas <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > And one more from Wikimedia Argentina:
> >
> > https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Soy_Wikipedista.webm
> >
> > On Sat, Dec 10, 2016 at 8:36 AM, Andrew Lih <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > > PS: One more video in that collection that was used:
> > >
> > > Wiki Loves Libraries 2013
> > > https://vimeo.com/78005986

> > > best
> we’ve
> total,
> > > and
> give

> > for
> > around
> > > Nations,
> us

> [hidden email]>

> > > have
> and
> > would
> > ,
> unsubscribe>

> > *Victor Grigas*
> > Video Production Manager
> > Wikimedia Foundation <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQzZI0l3IOw>
> > [hidden email]
> > https://donate.wikimedia.org/

Re: [Wikimedia-l] documentaries about Wikipedia

Mardetanha-2
Thanks again everyone
On Wed, Dec 14, 2016 at 7:44 PM Lodewijk <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> There's also this movie made because of the Erasmusprize:
>
> https://archive.org/details/videoeditserver-129
>

> It's quite short though (9min), so not sure if it fits your purpose.
>

> Lodewijk

> > There's the GLAM-Wiki documentary that Rock drum and I put together back
> in
>
> > 2013 with the support of Wikimedia UK:
>

> > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlNT16gqHyo
>
> > https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:The_GLAM-Wiki_Revolution.webm
>

> > It has translatable subtitles in a bunch of languages too :)
>

> > best,
>
> > Joe
>

> > On Mon, 12 Dec 2016 at 13:11 Mardetanha <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>

> > Thanks indeed everyone, if you later find something, I would be the most
>
> > grateful if you could add it to this thread
>

> > Mardetanha
>

> > On Sun, Dec 11, 2016 at 6:03 AM, Victor Grigas <[hidden email]>
>
> > wrote:
>

> > > And one more from Wikimedia Argentina:
>

> > > https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Soy_Wikipedista.webm

> the

> > we’ve

> > total,

> > give

> useful
>
> > > for

> > > around

> > us

> > [hidden email]>

> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Iranian_Wikimedians_User_Group)

> > and

> > > would

> > > https://meta.wikimedia.org/wik

> > mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l
>
> > > ,

> > unsubscribe>

> > > --
>

> > > *Victor Grigas*
>
> > > Video Production Manager
>
> > > Wikimedia Foundation <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQzZI0l3IOw>
>
> > > [hidden email]
>
> > > https://donate.wikimedia.org/

Re: [Wikimedia-l] documentaries about Wikipedia

Mardetanha-2
I also find this
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Truth_According_to_Wikipedia on youtube
which is also good fit for our purpose, The video is available on  on
youtube but the best quality is 480 which is not best for screen play, I
wonder if any one you have access to better quality of this video.
Thanks for your help

*https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMSinyx_Ab0

Mardetanha

On Wed, Dec 14, 2016 at 9:10 PM, Mardetanha <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Thanks again everyone
>
> On Wed, Dec 14, 2016 at 7:44 PM Lodewijk <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> There's also this movie made because of the Erasmusprize:
>>
>> https://archive.org/details/videoeditserver-129
>>

>> It's quite short though (9min), so not sure if it fits your purpose.
>>

>> Lodewijk

>> > There's the GLAM-Wiki documentary that Rock drum and I put together
>> back in
>>
>> > 2013 with the support of Wikimedia UK:
>>

>> > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlNT16gqHyo
>>
>> > https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:The_GLAM-Wiki_Revolution.webm
>>

>> > It has translatable subtitles in a bunch of languages too :)
>>

>> > best,
>>
>> > Joe
>>

>> > On Mon, 12 Dec 2016 at 13:11 Mardetanha <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>

>> > Thanks indeed everyone, if you later find something, I would be the most
>>
>> > grateful if you could add it to this thread
>>

>> > Mardetanha

>> the

>> > we’ve

>> > total,

>> > give

>> useful

>> give
>>
>> > us

>> > [hidden email]>

>> Group)

>> well-known
>>
>> > and

>> (preferably a

>> > mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l

>> > unsubscribe>

>> https://meta.wikimedia.org/

>> mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l,

>> unsubscribe>

>> ,

Re: [Wikimedia-l] documentaries about Wikipedia

Orsolya Gyenes
A short documentary about how Wikipedia is used as an educational tool in
3rd world countries:

Web:La Selva on Daily Motion.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xby2uj_web-la-selva_tech

Wish it was available on Commons...