Wikimedia rankings astonishing

Brad Patrick
Please take a minute to have a look at this and read the methodology document that accompanies it.

In any event, this kind of metric, 154M unique visitors in September, demonstrates we are one of the top web sites on the planet.

/me pats the community on the back!

-Brad

Press Release

Media Alert: comScore Releases Worldwide Ranking of Top Web Properties

RESTON, Va., October 26, 2006 – comScore Networks, a leader in
measuring the digital age, today reported the latest worldwide ranking
of top Web properties, ranked by unique visitors.  Of note were the
gains experienced by Wikipedia Sites and Youtube.com during September.
Both sites were up 12 percent versus August.

Top Global Web Properties
Total Unique Visitors (000),age 15+ *
September 2006
Total Worldwide - Home and Work Locations
Source: comScore World Metrix

Web Properties
Total Unique Visitors (000) Sept-06

Worldwide Total (Age 15+) 726,749
Microsoft Sites 505,479
Yahoo! Sites 480,641
Google Sites 467,498
eBay 237,327
Time Warner Network 217,843
Wikipedia Sites 154,848
Amazon Sites 133,518
Fox Interactive Media 117,789
Ask Network 112,768
Adobe Sites 95,196
Apple Computer, Inc. 94,909
Lycos, Inc. 91,126
CNET Networks 84,259
YouTube.com 81,019

Monster Worldwide 60,162

Re: Wikimedia rankings astonishing

jmerkey-3
Brad Patrick wrote:

>Please take a minute to have a look at this and read the methodology document that accompanies it.
>
>In any event, this kind of metric, 154M unique visitors in September, demonstrates we are one of the top web sites on the planet.
>
>/me pats the community on the back!
>
>-Brad

Definitely more accurate than Alexa ...

Jeff

>Press Release
>
>Media Alert: comScore Releases Worldwide Ranking of Top Web Properties
>
>RESTON, Va., October 26, 2006 – comScore Networks, a leader in
>measuring the digital age, today reported the latest worldwide ranking
>of top Web properties, ranked by unique visitors.  Of note were the
>gains experienced by Wikipedia Sites and Youtube.com during September.
>Both sites were up 12 percent versus August.
>
>Top Global Web Properties
>Total Unique Visitors (000),age 15+ *
>September 2006
>Total Worldwide - Home and Work Locations
>Source: comScore World Metrix
>

>Web Properties
>Total Unique Visitors (000) Sept-06
>

>Worldwide Total (Age 15+) 726,749
>Microsoft Sites 505,479
>Yahoo! Sites 480,641
>Google Sites 467,498
>eBay 237,327
>Time Warner Network 217,843
>Wikipedia Sites 154,848
>Amazon Sites 133,518
>Fox Interactive Media 117,789
>Ask Network 112,768
>Adobe Sites 95,196
>Apple Computer, Inc. 94,909
>Lycos, Inc. 91,126
>CNET Networks 84,259
>YouTube.com 81,019
>
>Monster Worldwide 60,162

Re: Wikimedia rankings astonishing

Florence Devouard-3
Brad Patrick wrote:

> Please take a minute to have a look at this and read the methodology document that accompanies it.
>
> In any event, this kind of metric, 154M unique visitors in September, demonstrates we are one of the top web sites on the planet.
>
> /me pats the community on the back!
>
> -Brad

> Press Release

grumble, mumble, scrumble, blumbuble, copyright violation, bad, crushed
by elephant, hmmmmmm.