Wikimedian of the Year blog post

Ed Erhart
Hello all,

I'm reaching out to see if there would be interest in translating the Wikimedia Foundation's blog post about Emna Mizouni, the 2019 Wikimedian of the Year, into Arabic.

Thanks so much!

Best,
--Ed

--
Wikimedia-logo black.svgEd Erhart (he/him)

Senior Editorial Associate

Re: Wikimedian of the Year blog post

Haytham Aly
Hello Ed,

Does this require an arrangement or simply to translate it on Meta?

Regards,

On Fri, Aug 23, 2019 at 12:08 Ed Erhart <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello all,

I'm reaching out to see if there would be interest in translating the Wikimedia Foundation's blog post about Emna Mizouni, the 2019 Wikimedian of the Year, into Arabic.

Thanks so much!

Best,
--Ed

--
Wikimedia-logo black.svgEd Erhart (he/him)

Senior Editorial Associate

Re: Wikimedian of the Year blog post

Ed Erhart
Hey Haytham,

Translating on Meta would be fantastic! I created that page on Meta for anyone who is interested in translating blog posts on the Foundation's site, and for this I'm asking for Arabic because Emna is from Tunisia.

Best,
--Ed

On Sat, Aug 24, 2019 at 7:03 AM Haytham Abulela ALY <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello Ed,

Does this require an arrangement or simply to translate it on Meta?

Regards,

On Fri, Aug 23, 2019 at 12:08 Ed Erhart <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello all,

I'm reaching out to see if there would be interest in translating the Wikimedia Foundation's blog post about Emna Mizouni, the 2019 Wikimedian of the Year, into Arabic.

Thanks so much!

Best,
--Ed

--
Wikimedia-logo black.svgEd Erhart (he/him)

Senior Editorial Associate

Wikimedia-logo black.svgEd Erhart (he/him)

Senior Editorial Associate

Re: Wikimedian of the Year blog post

Haytham Aly
Hi Ed,

I opened the Meta page and found no “translate this page” link. I already have a draft offline, just need to review it.

On Sat, Aug 24, 2019 at 12:39 PM, Ed Erhart <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Фархад Фаткуллин / Farhad Fatkullin
Hello all,

Paul Kaganer has fixed it

Both

https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Blog/Posts

and

https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Blog/Posts/Meet_Emna_Mizouni,_the_newly_minted_2019_Wikimedian_of_the_Year

are now marked for translation.

regards,
farhad

--
Farhad Fatkullin - Фархад Фаткуллин http://sikzn.ru/ Тел.+79274158066 / skype:frhdkazan / Wikipedia:frhdkazan / Wikidata:Q34036417

24.08.2019, 22:43, "Haytham Abulela ALY" <[hidden email]>:

> Hi Ed,
>
> I opened the Meta page and found no “translate this page” link. I already have a draft offline, just need to review it.
>
> On Sat, Aug 24, 2019 at 12:39 PM, Ed Erhart <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hey Haytham,
>>
>> Translating on Meta would be fantastic! I created that page on Meta for anyone who is interested in translating blog posts on the Foundation's site, and for this I'm asking for Arabic because Emna is from Tunisia.
>>
>> Best,
>> --Ed
>>
>> On Sat, Aug 24, 2019 at 7:03 AM Haytham Abulela ALY <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Hello Ed,
>>>
>>> Does this require an arrangement or simply to translate it on Meta?
>>>
>>> Regards,

>> --
>>
>>   Ed Erhart (he/him)
>>
>> Senior Editorial Associate
>>
>> Wikimedia Foundation

> Sent from Gmail Mobile
> ,

Re: Wikimedian of the Year blog post

Ed Erhart
Hello all,

Thanks to your help (and others!) I've added translations in Arabic and French to the Foundation's site. The banner at the top is a site bug that we hope to resolve next week.

Best,
--Ed

On Mon, Aug 26, 2019 at 3:53 AM Фархад Фаткуллин / Farhad Fatkullin <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello all,

Paul Kaganer has fixed it

Both

https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Blog/Posts

and

https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Blog/Posts/Meet_Emna_Mizouni,_the_newly_minted_2019_Wikimedian_of_the_Year

are now marked for translation.

regards,
farhad

--
Farhad Fatkullin - Фархад Фаткуллин http://sikzn.ru/ Тел.+79274158066 / skype:frhdkazan / Wikipedia:frhdkazan / Wikidata:Q34036417

24.08.2019, 22:43, "Haytham Abulela ALY" <[hidden email]>:
> Hi Ed,
>
> I opened the Meta page and found no “translate this page” link. I already have a draft offline, just need to review it.
>
> On Sat, Aug 24, 2019 at 12:39 PM, Ed Erhart <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hey Haytham,
>>
>> Translating on Meta would be fantastic! I created that page on Meta for anyone who is interested in translating blog posts on the Foundation's site, and for this I'm asking for Arabic because Emna is from Tunisia.
>>
>> Best,
>> --Ed
>>
>> On Sat, Aug 24, 2019 at 7:03 AM Haytham Abulela ALY <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Hello Ed,
>>>
>>> Does this require an arrangement or simply to translate it on Meta?
>>>
>>> Regards,

>> --
>>
>>   Ed Erhart (he/him)
>>
>> Senior Editorial Associate
>>
>> Wikimedia Foundation

> Sent from Gmail Mobile
> ,

Wikimedia-logo black.svgEd Erhart (he/him)

Senior Editorial Associate

Re: Wikimedian of the Year blog post

Ed Erhart
Thanks, Paul! The Foundation's website only supports Arabic, Chinese, French, and Spanish translations at this time. (You can see them on the site by clicking the blue button at the top right of your screen on desktop: https://wikimediafoundation.org/)

That will change, but the current reality was why Farhad and I came up with the idea for a central Meta-Wiki page for blog post translations: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Blog/Posts

Best,
--Ed

Re: Wikimedian of the Year blog post

Haytham Aly

Hello Ed,

Please be informed that translations to Arabic for all four blog posts are ready for publishing.

Regards,

Haytham Abulela Aly

Freelance Translator
Creative Translation
"Creative & Confident"

Certified member of the Society of Translators and Interpreters of British Columbia (STIBC) (EN>AR)
Arab Professional Translators' Society member (#10850)
Certified member at Egyptian Translators Association (EGYTA)
Registered at ProZ.com and LinkedIn.com