Wikimeet Rotterdam with board

Effe iets anders
Hi all!

apperently everybody forgot to mention it in here, so i'll do it anyway,
sorry that it is this late :) Coming friday, that is january 12th, the
Wikimedia Foundation Board is in the Netherlands for a Board Meeting, and
from 20.00h CET on, they will attend to an open WikiMeet. The location will
be the Golden Tulip Hotel (near the Erasmus Bridge), and the meetup will
have no formal character. Of course I hope to see a lot of you guys who are
able to attend :)

Greetings from Holland,

Lodewijk

Re: [Foundation-l] Wikimeet Rotterdam with board

Brad Patrick
Hello:

I am writing from Rotterdam, where I arrived this morning.  You all know
this, but I wanted to point out that there are two Tulip Hotels; one is
white and right next to the Erasmus Bridge, literally next to the water,
which is where the Board is meeting this week; the other is the Golden
Tulip Hotel, which is the tall black one, and, presumably, where the
meetup will be.

If I am wrong, I am sure Oscar or someone else will correct me.

-Brad

PS - Rotterdam is fabulous!  Other than the fact I am soaking wet from
getting caught in the rain, it is a very cool place.

effe iets anders wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> apperently everybody forgot to mention it in here, so i'll do it anyway,
> sorry that it is this late :) Coming friday, that is january 12th, the
> Wikimedia Foundation Board is in the Netherlands for a Board Meeting, and
> from 20.00h CET on, they will attend to an open WikiMeet. The location will
> be the Golden Tulip Hotel (near the Erasmus Bridge), and the meetup will
> have no formal character. Of course I hope to see a lot of you guys who are
> able to attend :)
>
> Greetings from Holland,
>
> Lodewijk

Re: [Foundation-l] Wikimeet Rotterdam with board

Teun Spaans
Hi Brad,

Frankly, Rotterdam is awful. If you have time, do pay a visit to
Delft, it's about a quarter of an hour away by train or car. Lovely
old center.

teun

On 1/10/07, Brad Patrick <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello:
>
> I am writing from Rotterdam, where I arrived this morning.  You all know
> this, but I wanted to point out that there are two Tulip Hotels; one is
> white and right next to the Erasmus Bridge, literally next to the water,
> which is where the Board is meeting this week; the other is the Golden
> Tulip Hotel, which is the tall black one, and, presumably, where the
> meetup will be.
>
> If I am wrong, I am sure Oscar or someone else will correct me.
>
> -Brad
>
> PS - Rotterdam is fabulous!  Other than the fact I am soaking wet from
> getting caught in the rain, it is a very cool place.
>
> effe iets anders wrote:
> > Hi all!
> >
> > apperently everybody forgot to mention it in here, so i'll do it anyway,
> > sorry that it is this late :) Coming friday, that is january 12th, the
> > Wikimedia Foundation Board is in the Netherlands for a Board Meeting, and
> > from 20.00h CET on, they will attend to an open WikiMeet. The location will
> > be the Golden Tulip Hotel (near the Erasmus Bridge), and the meetup will
> > have no formal character. Of course I hope to see a lot of you guys who are
> > able to attend :)
> >
> > Greetings from Holland,
> >
> > Lodewijk

Re: [Foundation-l] Wikimeet Rotterdam with board

Delphine Ménard
On 1/10/07, teun spaans <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Frankly, Rotterdam is awful. If you have time, do pay a visit to
> Delft, it's about a quarter of an hour away by train or car. Lovely
> old center.

Ah.. Vermeer's view of Delft...

Delphine
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a2/Vermeer-view-of-delft.jpg
--
~notafish

Re: [Foundation-l] Wikimeet Rotterdam with board

Guillaume Paumier
On 1/9/07, effe iets anders <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> apperently everybody forgot to mention it in here, so i'll do it anyway,
> sorry that it is this late :) Coming friday, that is january 12th, the
> Wikimedia Foundation Board is in the Netherlands for a Board Meeting, and
> from 20.00h CET on, they will attend to an open WikiMeet. The location
> will
> be the Golden Tulip Hotel (near the Erasmus Bridge), and the meetup will
> have no formal character. Of course I hope to see a lot of you guys who
> are
> able to attend :)
>
> Greetings from Holland,

And I guess it's a coincidence if this board retreat happens in
stroopwafelsland...

Teh Dutch Cabal has stricken again ! :D

--
Guillaume Paumier
[[m:User:guillom]]

Re: [Foundation-l] Wikimeet Rotterdam with board

Teun Spaans
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Delft and
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Delft
have some more up to date pix, though they don't convey the atmosphere
very well.

(But I'm not NPOV, in this, as one of my sons lives in Delft)

On 1/10/07, Delphine Ménard <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 1/10/07, teun spaans <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Frankly, Rotterdam is awful. If you have time, do pay a visit to
> > Delft, it's about a quarter of an hour away by train or car. Lovely
> > old center.
>
> Ah.. Vermeer's view of Delft...
>
> Delphine
> http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a2/Vermeer-view-of-delft.jpg
> --
> ~notafish

Re: [Foundation-l] Wikimeet Rotterdam with board

Hay (Husky)
One of my friends calls Delft the 'Disneyland of Dutch history' because
there is so much to see that is related to Dutch history (the bullet that
killed William the Silent, the graves of all the Kings and Queens).

However, Rotterdam is certainly not awful. There are beautiful things to
see, such as the:
* Erasmusbrug: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erasmus_Bridge<http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Image:Erasmusbrug_bij_avond.png>
* Museum Boijmans van Beuningen:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Museum_Boijmans_Van_Beuningen<http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Museum_Boijmans_Van_Beuningen>
* The Rem Koolhaas-designed Kunsthal.

And if you are even remotely interested in modern art you should really
visit the Gemeentemuseum in The Hague for the largest collection of Mondrian
paintings in the world.

-- Hay Kranen / [[User:Husky]]

On 1/10/07, teun spaans <[hidden email]> wrote:

> http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Delft and
> http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Delft
> have some more up to date pix, though they don't convey the atmosphere
> very well.
>
> (But I'm not NPOV, in this, as one of my sons lives in Delft)
>
> On 1/10/07, Delphine Ménard <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > On 1/10/07, teun spaans < [hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > Frankly, Rotterdam is awful. If you have time, do pay a visit to
> > > Delft, it's about a quarter of an hour away by train or car. Lovely
> > > old center.
> >
> > Ah.. Vermeer's view of Delft...
> >
> > Delphine
> > http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a2/Vermeer-view-of-delft.jpg
>
> > --
> > ~notafish

Re: [Foundation-l] Wikimeet Rotterdam with board

Teun Spaans
well, in addition to what I said before: if you can, let Oscars show
you around Rotterdam. That makes it worthwhile.

teun

On 1/10/07, Husky <[hidden email]> wrote:

> One of my friends calls Delft the 'Disneyland of Dutch history' because
> there is so much to see that is related to Dutch history (the bullet that
> killed William the Silent, the graves of all the Kings and Queens).
>
> However, Rotterdam is certainly not awful. There are beautiful things to
> see, such as the:
> * Erasmusbrug: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erasmus_Bridge<http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Image:Erasmusbrug_bij_avond.png>
> * Museum Boijmans van Beuningen:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Museum_Boijmans_Van_Beuningen<http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Museum_Boijmans_Van_Beuningen>
> * The Rem Koolhaas-designed Kunsthal.
>
> And if you are even remotely interested in modern art you should really
> visit the Gemeentemuseum in The Hague for the largest collection of Mondrian
> paintings in the world.
>
> -- Hay Kranen / [[User:Husky]]
>
> On 1/10/07, teun spaans <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Delft and
> > http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Delft
> > have some more up to date pix, though they don't convey the atmosphere
> > very well.
> >
> > (But I'm not NPOV, in this, as one of my sons lives in Delft)

> > > Ah.. Vermeer's view of Delft...
> > >
> > > Delphine
> > > http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a2/Vermeer-view-of-delft.jpg
> >
> > > --
> > > ~notafish

Re: [Foundation-l] Wikimeet Rotterdam with board

oscar-11
not the tall black one no: it's the first one:
http://tulipinnrotterdam.nl/default.aspx?Language=EN this one, at the
waterside ;-)

do be careful you do not trip into the water :-P

best,
oscar

On 1/10/07, Brad Patrick <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello:
>
> I am writing from Rotterdam, where I arrived this morning.  You all know
> this, but I wanted to point out that there are two Tulip Hotels; one is
> white and right next to the Erasmus Bridge, literally next to the water,
> which is where the Board is meeting this week; the other is the Golden
> Tulip Hotel, which is the tall black one, and, presumably, where the
> meetup will be.
>
> If I am wrong, I am sure Oscar or someone else will correct me.
>
> -Brad
>
> PS - Rotterdam is fabulous!  Other than the fact I am soaking wet from
> getting caught in the rain, it is a very cool place.
>
> effe iets anders wrote:
> > Hi all!
> >
> > apperently everybody forgot to mention it in here, so i'll do it anyway,
> > sorry that it is this late :) Coming friday, that is january 12th, the
> > Wikimedia Foundation Board is in the Netherlands for a Board Meeting,
> and
> > from 20.00h CET on, they will attend to an open WikiMeet. The location
> will
> > be the Golden Tulip Hotel (near the Erasmus Bridge), and the meetup will
> > have no formal character. Of course I hope to see a lot of you guys who
> are
> > able to attend :)
> >
> > Greetings from Holland,
> >
> > Lodewijk

the Wikimedia Foundation, its Board of Trustees, nor of Wikimedia Nederland
and its Board.