Wikimeetup Aug 2010 WPMBL16

CherianTinu Abraham
Folks,
         CIS has informed me that they have anathor event ( their board meetings) on the same day of our meetup ( Aug 15) .
So what do we do ? Postpone for next weekend?

Thoughts & urgent replies requested.

Regards
Tinu Cherian

N.B. I may be out of station, next weekend.

Re: Wikimeetup Aug 2010 WPMBL16

Arun Ramarathnam
I believe we should stick to the meeting date.

Can we meet at someone's office in the city where they may extend the facility for  that day?

Intel / Google / Yahoo?
Anyone in the list who can help.

regards
Arun

On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 12:12 AM, Srikanth Lakshmanan <[hidden email]> wrote:
Have it elsewhere ? Probably an openspace without a projector ? Domlur park / Lalbagh / CIS lawn? or like the UK meetups go to coffee shops where WiFi is there. Unless there are any presentations i dont think we require a hall setup which CIS provides. Lets not move the date as it will be too early to meet up for the next meet.

On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 7:26 PM, CherianTinu Abraham <[hidden email]> wrote:
Folks,
         CIS has informed me that they have anathor event ( their board meetings) on the same day of our meetup ( Aug 15) .
So what do we do ? Postpone for next weekend?

Thoughts & urgent replies requested.

Regards
Tinu Cherian

N.B. I may be out of station, next weekend.

Re: Wikimeetup Aug 2010 WPMBL16

Barry Newstead
Dear Indian Wikimedians,

I hope this message finds you well.  While you are finalizing arrangements for the August meetup, I want to see if you would be amenable to scheduling the September meetup on Monday 20 September.  I will be in Bangalore on 20-21 and it would be wonderful to have the opportunity to join your meetup. I recognize that this is not your regular night for the meetup, but I hope it will not be too inconvenient. I will understand if this is not possible.

The purpose of my visit is to discuss our shared aspirations for growth of Wikimedia's projects in India and to determine the most fruitful ways that the Wikimedia Foundation could be of service to you.  I will also be traveling to Mumbai (22-23 Sept) and Delhi (24 Sept) and it would be great to meetup with Wikimedians in both of those cities.  If someone can help organize, please email me offlist.

I will be sending out some additional information on both our plans and my visit in the coming days.

Kind regards,

Barry

On 08/12/2010 09:18 AM, Arun Ram wrote:
[...]

Chief Global Development Officer
Wikimedia Foundation
Tel: +1-415-839-6885 x. 634
Skype: barry.wikimedia
Twitter: @bazanews

Re: Wikimeetup Aug 2010 WPMBL16

Arun Ramarathnam
Barry,

Good to hear about your visit to India. We will set up meetings too catch up while you are here.

You can contact me off list.

Please do share your plans as they firm up.

regards
Arun

On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 2:36 AM, Barry Newstead <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Gautam John
On 12 August 2010 21:48, Arun Ram <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Anyone in the list who can help.

We could probably use my office though I will have to check. Is the
location a bother?

https://sites.google.com/a/prathambooks.org/bangalore-location/

Thank you.

Best,

Gautam
________
http://social.prathambooks.org/

Re: Wikimeetup Aug 2010 WPMBL16

Arun Ramarathnam
We are still exploring the possibility of having at CIS still. Please wait. Tinu or I will revert.

thanks
Arun

On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 3:05 AM, Gautam John <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 12 August 2010 21:48, Arun Ram <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Anyone in the list who can help.

We could probably use my office though I will have to check. Is the
location a bother?

https://sites.google.com/a/prathambooks.org/bangalore-location/

Thank you.

Best,