Wikinews reaches 10k PUBLISHED articles

brian.mcneil-2
[Someone on list management please cancel my last submission - is my private
email address]

Okay, here we are.

The 10,000th Wikinews article is http://tinyurl.com/ywdgfy

We have a story on the fact that we've reached the milestone,
http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/English_Wikinews_publishes_10000th_article

Jimbo? You on this list? Can we have a quote for the latter article?

Brian.

Re: Wikinews reaches 10k PUBLISHED articles

Christophe Henner
I guess it's the english Wikinews and not all the Wikinews project.

On 07/09/2007, [hidden email] <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> [Someone on list management please cancel my last submission - is my
> private
> email address]
>

> Okay, here we are.
>

> The 10,000th Wikinews article is http://tinyurl.com/ywdgfy
>

> We have a story on the fact that we've reached the milestone,
> http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/English_Wikinews_publishes_10000th_article
>

> Jimbo? You on this list? Can we have a quote for the latter article?
>

> Brian.

schiste

Re: Wikinews reaches 10k PUBLISHED articles

Florence Devouard-3
[hidden email] wrote:

> [Someone on list management please cancel my last submission - is my private
> email address]
>

> Okay, here we are.
>

> The 10,000th Wikinews article is http://tinyurl.com/ywdgfy
>

> We have a story on the fact that we've reached the milestone,
> http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/English_Wikinews_publishes_10000th_article
>

> Jimbo? You on this list? Can we have a quote for the latter article?
>

> Brian.

congrats

Re: Wikinews reaches 10k PUBLISHED articles

brian.mcneil-2
We could take a quote from you Florence in Jimbo's absence. :)

> [Someone on list management please cancel my last submission - is my
private

> email address]
>

> Okay, here we are.
>

> The 10,000th Wikinews article is http://tinyurl.com/ywdgfy
>

> We have a story on the fact that we've reached the milestone,
> http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/English_Wikinews_publishes_10000th_article
>

> Jimbo? You on this list? Can we have a quote for the latter article?
>

> Brian.

congrats

Re: Wikinews reaches 10k PUBLISHED articles

Anthony-73
> We have a story on the fact that we've reached the milestone,
> http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/English_Wikinews_publishes_10000th_article

Wow, and here I thought Wikinews wasn't a publisher, but just an ISP.

Re: Wikinews reaches 10k PUBLISHED articles

White Cat

On 9/7/07, Florence Devouard <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [hidden email] wrote:
> > [Someone on list management please cancel my last submission - is my
> private
> > email address]
> >

> > Okay, here we are.
> >

> > The 10,000th Wikinews article is http://tinyurl.com/ywdgfy
> >

> > We have a story on the fact that we've reached the milestone,
> > http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/English_Wikinews_publishes_10000th_article
> >

> > Jimbo? You on this list? Can we have a quote for the latter article?
> >

> > Brian.
>
> congrats

Re: Wikinews reaches 10k PUBLISHED articles

James Forrester-2
On 09/09/2007, Anthony <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > We have a story on the fact that we've reached the milestone,
> > http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/English_Wikinews_publishes_10000th_article
>
> Wow, and here I thought Wikinews wasn't a publisher, but just an ISP.

No, the Foundation is an ISP which provides the community, Wikinews,
with the resources by which it, acting individually but in group
spirit, publishes items. The individuals take responsibility for their
actions; the community has no real form and takes no particular
liability; and the Foundation has protections as an online provider of
hosting services (ISP is an oft-abused term) under the "Safe Harbor"
[sic] legislation, as I understand it. Brian's terminology is entirely
correct - the "we" refers to the group of people in the
(non-corporate) community.

Hope this helps clear things up for you, Anthony.

Yours,
--
James D. Forrester
[hidden email] | [hidden email]

Re: Wikinews reaches 10k PUBLISHED articles

brian.mcneil-2
Thanks for clearing that up James, makes more sense to me now too. :D

Brian.