Wikinews

Przykuta
Since January 2007 something is wrong :/

http://www.alexa.com/data/details/traffic_details?url=wikinews.org

but one message is good - pl Wikinews has reached 5,000 articles ;) We have to write more articles per day (min. 10-20) in every bigger project.

przykuta

Re: Wikinews

Jerome Banal-2
Isn't the lower score due to traffic being diverted to
http://wikinewsreports.blogspot.com (that seems to contain a small subset of
Wikinews) which appears to be used by Google News whereas Wikinews itself
does not seems to be known by this service? It seems it has been created in
November 06.

Being featured in Google News, Google Mail's headline or other news
aggregators would probably give a nice boost to its reach, if it is a
high-priority objective. Wikinews is probably not known enough yet for the
buzz to drive the audience there. Maybe that's something the Foundation
would actually like to use to get a little "thanks" from big G?

Jerome

2007/8/21, Przykuta <[hidden email]>:

> Since January 2007 something is wrong :/
>
> http://www.alexa.com/data/details/traffic_details?url=wikinews.org
>
> but one message is good - pl Wikinews has reached 5,000 articles ;) We
> have to write more articles per day (min. 10-20) in every bigger project.
>
> przykuta

Re: Wikinews

brian.mcneil-2
Wikinews cannot be featured in Google news - we've been told this by them
several times. This is due to lack of a formal editorial process/board and
the fact that articles may be in a vandalised state when they are spidered.

Hence the blogs to get at least a synopsis and link into Google news.

Brian.

Isn't the lower score due to traffic being diverted to
http://wikinewsreports.blogspot.com (that seems to contain a small subset of
Wikinews) which appears to be used by Google News whereas Wikinews itself
does not seems to be known by this service? It seems it has been created in
November 06.

Being featured in Google News, Google Mail's headline or other news
aggregators would probably give a nice boost to its reach, if it is a
high-priority objective. Wikinews is probably not known enough yet for the
buzz to drive the audience there. Maybe that's something the Foundation
would actually like to use to get a little "thanks" from big G?

Jerome

2007/8/21, Przykuta <[hidden email]>:

> Since January 2007 something is wrong :/
>
> http://www.alexa.com/data/details/traffic_details?url=wikinews.org
>
> but one message is good - pl Wikinews has reached 5,000 articles ;) We
> have to write more articles per day (min. 10-20) in every bigger project.
>
> przykuta

Re: Wikinews

Craig Spurrier
One proposed way to deal with Google's concerns was with a community run
mirror [1]. They rejected it , though we may be able to convince them in
the future :). Our absence from Google news certainly hurts our
readership. If anyone has any contacts with Google, we would greatly
appreciate your help in convincing them to let us in.
-Craig Spurrier
[[n:Craig Spurrier]]

[1] http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/Wikinews:Community_Mirror