Quantcast

Wikipedia Asian Month Bangalore On-site Event

Wikipedia Asian Month Bangalore On-site Event

Ting-Yi Chang
Dear all,

As you know the Wikipedia Asian Month [1] is going on this month. Besides the online event, a one-day offline edit-a-thons will be conducted in Bangalore, Karnataka on 26 November 2016 with the support of The Centre for Internet and Society (CIS) A2K team.

In this event we'll also support the Women in Red initiative [2], as we strongly encourage participants to write articles that match both Wikipedia Asian Month and gender-gap-bridging themes. This event is open to all Wikipedians of all skill levels, language areas, and genders. New editors are especially welcomed.

Event URL: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_Asian_Month/Onsite_edit-a-thon/Bangalore

Venue: #194, 2nd 'C' Cross, Domlur 2nd Stage, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560071

  *   Google map location: https://www.google.co.in/maps/place/The+Centre+for+Internet+%26+Society/@12.9646863,77.6374627,15z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x88cd9bce9a1aa4d8!8m2!3d12.9646863!4d77.6374627

If you are interested to join please add your name as a participant here<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_Asian_Month/Onsite_edit-a-thon/Bangalore#Participants>.

Alternatively you may also contact Ting-Yi Chang ([hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>) for Gender Gap issues and co-ordination and Tito Dutta ([hidden email]) for Asian Month edit-a-thon related queries.

Thank you very much

[1] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_Asian_Month

[2]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Wikipedia_Asian_Month/2016_WiR

Ting-Yi Chang

Centre for Internet and Society, Bangalore