Wikipedia Day Celebration tomorrow in Bangalore (Saturday, Jan 16th)

Wikipedia Day Celebration tomorrow in Bangalore (Saturday, Jan 16th)

Hari Prasad Nadig-2
January 15 is known as Wikipedia Day to Wikipedians. On this date in
the year 2001, the wiki-based Wikipedia project went public after
spending five days on Nupedia.
A Wikipedia Day celebration is being planned in Bangalore on Saturday
January 16, 2010.

    * What: Wikipedia Day Bangalore — 16-Jan-2010
    * When: Saturday, 16 Jan, 2010 4:00 PM - 7:00 PM
    * Where: The Centre for Internet and Society, Bangalore
    * Who: Wikipedians from any part of India or the world and anyone
who is interested in Wikipedia!

Meetup is open to members of all Wikimedia projects and Wikipedians
from all languages.All are welcome, and we are especially interested
in seeing newcomers to join the experienced Wikipedians/Wikimedians.

(from)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WP:MBL10

Venue:
The Centre for Internet and Society
No. D2, 3rd Floor, Sheriff Chambers
14, Cunningham Road, Bangalore,
Karnataka 560052, India
Phone: (+91)-80-4092-6283‎

--
Hari Prasad Nadig
http://hpnadig.net | http://twitter.com/hpnadig

Re: Wikipedia Day Celebration tomorrow in Bangalore (Saturday, Jan 16th)

Arun Ramarathnam
Thanks Nadig for that post.

We need help towards the event too. Please check the link below and volunteer:

We also need folks from the following wikipedia to share the "state of the wiki":
Hindi
  • Bengali
  • Manipuri
  • Hindi
  • Marathi
We have volunteers for Kannada, Tamil, Telugu and Tamil already. Check page for details.

We are thinking of exploring possibilities to connect people remotely by telephone.

regards

Arunram
Bangalore, India
www.arunram.net | www.twitter.com/arunram