Wikipedia Forum

Tristan Thomas-4
Is there a Wikipedia forum, the mailing list is all well & good, but
wouldn't a forum be much more useful?!

Tris

Re: Wikipedia Forum

David Gerard-2
2009/4/9 Tris Thomas <[hidden email]>:

> Is there a Wikipedia forum, the mailing list is all well & good, but
> wouldn't a forum be much more useful?!

Not an official one.

- d.

Re: Wikipedia Forum

Bill Carter
Doesn't the mainstream media read this mailing list? I am hoping they will take up the issue of the persecution of Alan Cabal at the hands of many Wikipedians.

Bill

________________________________
> Is there a Wikipedia forum, the mailing list is all well & good, but
> wouldn't a forum be much more useful?!

Not an official one.

- d.

Re: Wikipedia Forum

Tristan Thomas-4
An unofficial one that editors frequent?

On 09/04/2009 20:48, David Gerard wrote:

> 2009/4/9 Tris Thomas<[hidden email]>:
>

>> Is there a Wikipedia forum, the mailing list is all well&  good, but
>> wouldn't a forum be much more useful?!
>>

> Not an official one.
>

> - d.

Re: Wikipedia Forum

Wily D
The - uh - main one is pretty politically contraversial.

Bian

On Thu, Apr 9, 2009 at 3:51 PM, Tris Thomas <[hidden email]> wrote:

> An unofficial one that editors frequent?
>
> On 09/04/2009 20:48, David Gerard wrote:
>> 2009/4/9 Tris Thomas<[hidden email]>:
>>

>>> Is there a Wikipedia forum, the mailing list is all well&  good, but
>>> wouldn't a forum be much more useful?!
>>>

>> Not an official one.
>>

>> - d.

Re: Wikipedia Forum

Biblio-2
Some time ago we had the Wikback, but ever since UninvitedCompany left that's been down in the drain. Personally I like forums better than mailing lists, but I'm not planning to go to WR just to get a "forum experience."

bibliomaniac15

Is there a Wikipedia forum, the mailing list is all well & good, but
wouldn't a forum be much more useful?!

Tris

Re: Wikipedia Forum

Tristan Thomas-4
Confused now??!!

On 09/04/2009 20:52, Wily D wrote:

> The - uh - main one is pretty politically contraversial.
>
> Bian
>
> On Thu, Apr 9, 2009 at 3:51 PM, Tris Thomas<[hidden email]>  wrote:
>
>> An unofficial one that editors frequent?

>>> Not an official one.
>>>

>>> - d.

Re: Wikipedia Forum

2009/4/9 Tris Thomas <[hidden email]>:

> An unofficial one that editors frequent?

Closest I can think of is the Village Pump :-)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:VP

UninvitedCompany started a forum a while ago which attracted a good
range of editors, but which I haven't heard much of lately. (I can't
stand the forum interface myself.)

- d.

Re: Wikipedia Forum

Michel Vuijlsteke-2
There is Wikipedia Review: http://wikipediareview.com/
It is not considered favourably by many.

2009/4/9 Tris Thomas <[hidden email]>:

> Confused now??!!
>
> On 09/04/2009 20:52, Wily D wrote:
>> The - uh - main one is pretty politically contraversial.
>>
>> Bian
>>
>> On Thu, Apr 9, 2009 at 3:51 PM, Tris Thomas<[hidden email]>  wrote:
>>
>>> An unofficial one that editors frequent?

Re: Wikipedia Forum

Bill Carter
Can you get Wikipedia Review to take up issue with the speedy deletion on March 30th, 2009 of the re-created Alan Cabal article, which was followed by a demented deletion review a day later I believe? Here's the article in question about journalist Alan Cabal: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:MichaelQSchmidt/sandbox_The_unloved_article

It looks to me to be a fucking notable article with plenty of citations.

Bill

________________________________
It is not considered favourably by many.

2009/4/9 Tris Thomas <[hidden email]>:

> Confused now??!!
>
> On 09/04/2009 20:52, Wily D wrote:
>> The - uh - main one is pretty politically contraversial.
>>
>> Bian
>>
>> On Thu, Apr 9, 2009 at 3:51 PM, Tris Thomas<[hidden email]>  wrote:
>>
>>> An unofficial one that editors frequent?

Re: Wikipedia Forum

Charles Matthews
Bill Carter wrote:
> Can you get Wikipedia Review to take up issue with the speedy deletion on March 30th, 2009 of the re-created Alan Cabal article, which was followed by a demented deletion review a day later I believe? Here's the article in question about journalist Alan Cabal: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:MichaelQSchmidt/sandbox_The_unloved_article
>
> It looks to me to be a fucking notable article with plenty of citations.

Mosey over there.  They'll make you feel right at home.

Charles

Re: Wikipedia Forum

Bill Carter
Wikipedia Review will make me feel right at home? You mean they'll address this issue which none of you Wikipedia administrators intend to, particularly David Gerard? What's the fucking point of you guys being administrators when you won't address important issues? Since when is it okay to speedy delete a new article re-created with the intentions of addressing all of Wikipedia's notability demands? You guys are running a reckless website and actually receive a deserved amount of negative press.

The article in question about journalist Alan Cabal: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:MichaelQSchmidt/sandbox_The_unloved_article

Bill

________________________________
> Can you get Wikipedia Review to take up issue with the speedy deletion on March 30th, 2009 of the re-created Alan Cabal article, which was followed by a demented deletion review a day later I believe? Here's the article in question about journalist Alan Cabal: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:MichaelQSchmidt/sandbox_The_unloved_article
>
> It looks to me to be a fucking notable article with plenty of citations.

Mosey over there.  They'll make you feel right at home.

Charles

Re: Wikipedia Forum

Doc glasgow
As someone who does post to WR, [queue hiss boos from the
true-believers], I did consider taking your case there.

However, then I looked at your "article" and the surrounding debate and
decided it had no merits whatsoever.

Perhaps I can refer you to this page for further help:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:STICK

Bill Carter wrote:

> Wikipedia Review will make me feel right at home? You mean they'll address this issue which none of you Wikipedia administrators intend to, particularly David Gerard? What's the fucking point of you guys being administrators when you won't address important issues? Since when is it okay to speedy delete a new article re-created with the intentions of addressing all of Wikipedia's notability demands? You guys are running a reckless website and actually receive a deserved amount of negative press.
>
> The article in question about journalist Alan Cabal: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:MichaelQSchmidt/sandbox_The_unloved_article
>
> Bill
>

> ________________________________

Re: Wikipedia Forum

Tristan Thomas-4
Earlier today I was actually relatively supportive of your issue.  You,
with your last few posts, have turned me against it.  I won't try & stop
it being put on again, but there will be no more support from my end.
Firstly, this isn't an administrators mailing list, I've only been a
member for a few days-my username is dottydotdot & I can still
participate fully.  Just because not many people have replied to your
stuff about Cabal doesn't give you the right to get angry & start
swearing on what was a perfectly civil mailing list.  I highly doubt you
will get any support from anyone on this mailing list now, people who
once might have supported you.

Please don't bother to continue your diatribe.

Thank you. :-)

On 09/04/2009 21:27, Bill Carter wrote:

> Wikipedia Review will make me feel right at home? You mean they'll address this issue which none of you Wikipedia administrators intend to, particularly David Gerard? What's the fucking point of you guys being administrators when you won't address important issues? Since when is it okay to speedy delete a new article re-created with the intentions of addressing all of Wikipedia's notability demands? You guys are running a reckless website and actually receive a deserved amount of negative press.
>
> The article in question about journalist Alan Cabal: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:MichaelQSchmidt/sandbox_The_unloved_article
>
> Bill
>

> ________________________________

Re: Wikipedia Forum

Bill Carter
And we shall all hold hands and love one another, right? You obviously have no consideration for fairness and accuracy.

I will raise this issue for as long as it takes. You can return to your apathy now.

For everyone else, take my angry diatribes seriously and verify the accusations I am making. the article with 40 citations that was speedy deleted remains here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:MichaelQSchmidt/sandbox_The_unloved_article

Bill

________________________________
Earlier today I was actually relatively supportive of your issue.  You,
with your last few posts, have turned me against it.  I won't try & stop
it being put on again, but there will be no more support from my end.
Firstly, this isn't an administrators mailing list, I've only been a
member for a few days-my username is dottydotdot & I can still
participate fully.  Just because not many people have replied to your
stuff about Cabal doesn't give you the right to get angry & start
swearing on what was a perfectly civil mailing list.  I highly doubt you
will get any support from anyone on this mailing list now, people who
once might have supported you.

Please don't bother to continue your diatribe.

Thank you. :-)

On 09/04/2009 21:27, Bill Carter wrote:

> Wikipedia Review will make me feel right at home? You mean they'll address this issue which none of you Wikipedia administrators intend to, particularly David Gerard? What's the fucking point of you guys being administrators when you won't address important issues? Since when is it okay to speedy delete a new article re-created with the intentions of addressing all of Wikipedia's notability demands? You guys are running a reckless website and actually receive a deserved amount of negative press.
>
> The article in question about journalist Alan Cabal: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:MichaelQSchmidt/sandbox_The_unloved_article
>
> Bill
>

> ________________________________

Re: Wikipedia Forum

David Gerard-2
2009/4/9 Bill Carter <[hidden email]>:

> I will raise this issue for as long as it takes. You can return to your apathy now.

You're back on moderation while you're on this subject then.

- d.

Re: Wikipedia Forum

Tristan Thomas-4
Thank you!  Please don't send his rubbish to me!

On 09/04/2009 21:47, David Gerard wrote:

> 2009/4/9 Bill Carter<[hidden email]>:
>

>> I will raise this issue for as long as it takes. You can return to your apathy now.
>>

> You're back on moderation while you're on this subject then.
>

> - d.

Re: Wikipedia Forum

Bill Carter
Thank you, David Gerard. I wish you the best of luck with your quotation: "I think NPOV is our greatest innovation, much more radical than letting anyone edit the website."

________________________________
> I will raise this issue for as long as it takes. You can return to your apathy now.

You're back on moderation while you're on this subject then.

- d.

Re: Wikipedia Forum

Eugene van der Pijll
Bill Carter schreef:
> For everyone else, take my angry diatribes seriously and verify the
> accusations I am making. the article with 40 citations that was speedy
> deleted remains here:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:MichaelQSchmidt/sandbox_The_unloved_article

The article is excellently referenced, but it just fails to make me
care. Why is this journalist more interesting than others? What makes
him notable? Give us a reason why he should have an article. I'm as
inclusionist as no other, but this article doesn't show me in any way
how Alan Cabal is different from his colleagues, who don't get an
article.

(And don't post it to the list: edit the article to make it clear why it
should be returned to the encyclopedia.)

Eugene

Re: Wikipedia Forum

Michel Vuijlsteke-2
I know what you mean. I fail to see the relevance of all those
baseball articles.