Wikipedia Forum

Re: Wikipedia Forum

Phil Nash-2
Bill Carter wrote:
>> Doesn't the mainstream media read this mailing list? I am hoping
>> they will take up the issue of the persecution of Alan Cabal at the
>> hands of many Wikipedians.

Why should they? Consensus seems to have been comprehensively established
that he's not notable to our standards. See [[WP:HOLE]].

Re: Wikipedia Forum

WJhonson
In a message dated 4/9/2009 1:04:11 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
[hidden email] writes:

Can you  get Wikipedia Review to take up issue>>
---------------

*You* can Bill.  Sign up, post a new message, see if it gets  attention.

Will Johnson

**************Feeling the pinch at the grocery store?  Make dinner for $10
or less. (http://food.aol.com/frugal-feasts?ncid=emlcntusfood00000001)

Re: Wikipedia Forum

WJhonson

In a message dated 4/9/2009 1:28:41 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
[hidden email] writes:

Wikipedia Review will make me feel right at home? You mean they'll  address
this issue which none of you Wikipedia administrators intend to,
particularly David Gerard? What's the fucking point of you guys being  administrators
when you won't address important issues? Since when is it okay  to speedy
delete a new article re-created with the intentions of addressing  all of
Wikipedia's notability demands? You guys are running a reckless website  and
actually receive a deserved amount of negative press.

"Wikipedia Review will make me feel right at home?"

Sort-of.  Maybe after a bit of flaming, just like everywhere.

"You mean they'll address this issue which none of you Wikipedia
administrators intend to, particularly David Gerard?"

They will let you say your piece, and then respond to it.  It helps to
vent to a third-party, and it's possible there might be someone who can help
you  fix up the article so that it does pass muster who knows.  It's worth a
shot isn't it?

"What's the fucking point of you guys being administrators when you won't
address important issues?"

The more you say *fucking* the more people feel sympathy for you.  Or  is
that the other way round?  At any rates, we're not all  administrators.  And
I suppose it's possible that Alan Cabal is more  important than say "are
there any burritos left?", but I've never heard of him  before today.

"Since when is it okay to speedy delete a new article re-created with the
intentions of addressing all of Wikipedia's notability demands?"

We are willing here I'm sure to hear what changes you've instituted that
make it pass.  So far I haven't heard anything specific and I'm too lazy to
compare the articles in detail.  But you see to have a lot of energy and
maybe you could be more forthcoming.

"You guys are running a reckless website and actually receive a deserved
amount of negative press."

Wikipedia is reckless.  Makes me feel sort-of excited or  something.  But
really Bill, you know there are listeners who are  sympathetic to
inclusionism, so I'm not sure what advantage you're getting by  trying to paint us all
with a broad brush here.  You catch more flies with  honey you know.

Will Johnson

**************Feeling the pinch at the grocery store?  Make dinner for $10
or less. (http://food.aol.com/frugal-feasts?ncid=emlcntusfood00000001)

Re: Wikipedia Forum

Jay Litwyn-2
Threaded, dated, attributed, multi-cast, and searchable forums are hard to
beat for my way of thinking, which is slow and re-worded when it is not
delayed or cancelled. There is Internet Relay Chat (IRC) if you want
real-time, and I recommend reading the guidelines for contributions, because
it's a pretty strictly business chat-line. I imajin there is tolerance from
some moderators, there, though, because after all, encyclopedias are about
everything.

This *IS* the wikipedia forum. It is about everything but religion, sex,
politics, and drugs
(For me that is. Your scope may vary).
_______
Zen Master to hot dog vendor "Make me one with everything.".