Wikipedia Summit India 2013 for Spoken Indian Language Wikipedia!

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Wikipedia Summit India 2013 for Spoken Indian Language Wikipedia!

Abhishek Suryawanshi
Hi,

Thanks to everyone for suggestions over Indic/Indian Language Spoken Wikipedia.

To promote and support Spoken Wikipedia in Indian Languages, we are hosting 'Wikipedia Summit India' on 12th and 13th January 2013 at Suzlon, Pune.

As Pune is central hub for students all across India, city is having students from various states and linguistic backgrounds. It will be easy to focus on maximum Indian Languages.

 We are also having scholarships available for Indian citizens willing to participate in Summit to promote Spoken Wikipedia -
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Wikipedia_Summit_India/Scholarships

Facebook RSVP Link for event : https://www.facebook.com/events/493101294054194/


If you have suggestions, idea's - please do send on WikipediaSummitIndia(at)gmail(dot)com.


Keep Supporting, Keep Inspiring! :)



Best Regards,
Abhishek Suryawanshi,
User:AbhiSuryawanshi
On Behalf of Wikipedia Club Pune


_______________________________________________
Wikimediaindia-l mailing list
[hidden email]
To unsubscribe from the list / change mailing preferences visit https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimediaindia-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Wikipedia Summit India 2013 for Spoken Indian Language Wikipedia!

Pradeep Mohandas-4

Hi Abhishek,

Is the Program page updated? The page refers to Education and Gender Gap whereas your email suggests that the Summit is about Spoken Wikipedia.

Since there are only 9 more days for scholarships this information would help.

Warm regards,
Pradeep


Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android



From: Abhishek Suryawanshi <[hidden email]>;
To: <[hidden email]>;
Cc: Wikipedia India <[hidden email]>;
Subject: [Wikimediaindia-l] Wikipedia Summit India 2013 for Spoken Indian Language Wikipedia!
Sent: Wed, Dec 5, 2012 11:16:30 PM

Hi,

Thanks to everyone for suggestions over Indic/Indian Language Spoken Wikipedia.

To promote and support Spoken Wikipedia in Indian Languages, we are hosting 'Wikipedia Summit India' on 12th and 13th January 2013 at Suzlon, Pune.

As Pune is central hub for students all across India, city is having students from various states and linguistic backgrounds. It will be easy to focus on maximum Indian Languages.

 We are also having scholarships available for Indian citizens willing to participate in Summit to promote Spoken Wikipedia -
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Wikipedia_Summit_India/Scholarships

Facebook RSVP Link for event : https://www.facebook.com/events/493101294054194/


If you have suggestions, idea's - please do send on WikipediaSummitIndia(at)gmail(dot)com.


Keep Supporting, Keep Inspiring! :)



Best Regards,
Abhishek Suryawanshi,
User:AbhiSuryawanshi
On Behalf of Wikipedia Club Pune


_______________________________________________
Wikimediaindia-l mailing list
[hidden email]
To unsubscribe from the list / change mailing preferences visit https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimediaindia-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Wikipedia Summit India 2013 for Spoken Indian Language Wikipedia!

Srikanth Ramakrishnan-2
Abhishek, I have two questions:

A:
As Pune is central hub for students all across India, city is having students from various states and linguistic backgrounds. It will be easy to focus on maximum Indian Languages. 

Is it so? I've been told that there are other cities which have more untapped potential wrt Wikimedia projects. Perhaps we can collaborate.


 We are also having scholarships available for Indian citizens willing to participate in Summit to promote Spoken Wikipedia 

What about foreign nationals contributing to Spoken Wikipedia [Indian languages and articles]?

--Cheers,
Srikanth.


On Thu, Dec 6, 2012 at 12:18 PM, Pradeep Nair <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Abhishek,

Is the Program page updated? The page refers to Education and Gender Gap whereas your email suggests that the Summit is about Spoken Wikipedia.

Since there are only 9 more days for scholarships this information would help.

Warm regards,
Pradeep


Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android



From: Abhishek Suryawanshi <[hidden email]>;
To: <[hidden email]>;
Cc: Wikipedia India <[hidden email]>;
Subject: [Wikimediaindia-l] Wikipedia Summit India 2013 for Spoken Indian Language Wikipedia!
Sent: Wed, Dec 5, 2012 11:16:30 PM

Hi,

Thanks to everyone for suggestions over Indic/Indian Language Spoken Wikipedia.

To promote and support Spoken Wikipedia in Indian Languages, we are hosting 'Wikipedia Summit India' on 12th and 13th January 2013 at Suzlon, Pune.

As Pune is central hub for students all across India, city is having students from various states and linguistic backgrounds. It will be easy to focus on maximum Indian Languages.

 We are also having scholarships available for Indian citizens willing to participate in Summit to promote Spoken Wikipedia -
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Wikipedia_Summit_India/Scholarships

Facebook RSVP Link for event : https://www.facebook.com/events/493101294054194/


If you have suggestions, idea's - please do send on WikipediaSummitIndia(at)gmail(dot)com.


Keep Supporting, Keep Inspiring! :)



Best Regards,
Abhishek Suryawanshi,
User:AbhiSuryawanshi
On Behalf of Wikipedia Club Pune


_______________________________________________
Wikimediaindia-l mailing list
[hidden email]
To unsubscribe from the list / change mailing preferences visit https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimediaindia-l




--
Regards,
Srikanth Ramakrishnan.

Sign this petition to introduce Volvo buses in Coimbatore city:


_______________________________________________
Wikimediaindia-l mailing list
[hidden email]
To unsubscribe from the list / change mailing preferences visit https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimediaindia-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Wikipedia Summit India 2013 for Spoken Indian Language Wikipedia!

Abhishek Suryawanshi
Is it so? I've been told that there are other cities which have more untapped potential wrt Wikimedia projects. Perhaps we can collaborate.

Sure, we can collaborate :)

What about foreign nationals contributing to Spoken Wikipedia [Indian languages and articles]?

For 2014 Summit, definitely we will make sure we have support to give scholarships to foreign nationals.

Thanks for suggestions.


Hope to see you soon in Pune on 12th and 13th January 2013 for Wikipedia Summit India :-)




Best Regards,
Abhishek Suryawanshi,
User:AbhiSuryawanshi
On Behalf of Wikipedia Club Pune



On Thu, Dec 6, 2012 at 4:53 PM, Srikanth Ramakrishnan <[hidden email]> wrote:
Abhishek, I have two questions:

A:
As Pune is central hub for students all across India, city is having students from various states and linguistic backgrounds. It will be easy to focus on maximum Indian Languages. 

Is it so? I've been told that there are other cities which have more untapped potential wrt Wikimedia projects. Perhaps we can collaborate.


 We are also having scholarships available for Indian citizens willing to participate in Summit to promote Spoken Wikipedia 

What about foreign nationals contributing to Spoken Wikipedia [Indian languages and articles]?

--Cheers,
Srikanth.


On Thu, Dec 6, 2012 at 12:18 PM, Pradeep Nair <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Abhishek,

Is the Program page updated? The page refers to Education and Gender Gap whereas your email suggests that the Summit is about Spoken Wikipedia.

Since there are only 9 more days for scholarships this information would help.

Warm regards,
Pradeep


Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android



From: Abhishek Suryawanshi <[hidden email]>;
To: <[hidden email]>;
Cc: Wikipedia India <[hidden email]>;
Subject: [Wikimediaindia-l] Wikipedia Summit India 2013 for Spoken Indian Language Wikipedia!
Sent: Wed, Dec 5, 2012 11:16:30 PM

Hi,

Thanks to everyone for suggestions over Indic/Indian Language Spoken Wikipedia.

To promote and support Spoken Wikipedia in Indian Languages, we are hosting 'Wikipedia Summit India' on 12th and 13th January 2013 at Suzlon, Pune.

As Pune is central hub for students all across India, city is having students from various states and linguistic backgrounds. It will be easy to focus on maximum Indian Languages.

 We are also having scholarships available for Indian citizens willing to participate in Summit to promote Spoken Wikipedia -
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Wikipedia_Summit_India/Scholarships

Facebook RSVP Link for event : https://www.facebook.com/events/493101294054194/


If you have suggestions, idea's - please do send on WikipediaSummitIndia(at)gmail(dot)com.


Keep Supporting, Keep Inspiring! :)



Best Regards,
Abhishek Suryawanshi,
User:AbhiSuryawanshi
On Behalf of Wikipedia Club Pune


_______________________________________________
Wikimediaindia-l mailing list
[hidden email]
To unsubscribe from the list / change mailing preferences visit https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimediaindia-l




--
Regards,
Srikanth Ramakrishnan.

Sign this petition to introduce Volvo buses in Coimbatore city:



_______________________________________________
Wikimediaindia-l mailing list
[hidden email]
To unsubscribe from the list / change mailing preferences visit https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimediaindia-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Wikipedia Summit India 2013 for Spoken Indian Language Wikipedia!

Ravishankar-3
Hi,

I appreciate the effort by the Wikipedia club Pune.

Please let me know if the idea for the summit was widely discussed in the community well in advance. 

Somehow I feel that such an event may dilute the importance of Wikiconference India event and may even confuse audience which is what. 

It will be good to know if the chapter was consulted on any national level event. 

Right now, the whole planning of the event seems arbitrary.

Ravi. 

P.S: Who created this story that Pune is the education hub of India? :)



_______________________________________________
Wikimediaindia-l mailing list
[hidden email]
To unsubscribe from the list / change mailing preferences visit https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimediaindia-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Wikipedia Summit India 2013 for Spoken Indian Language Wikipedia!

Sudhanwa Jogalekar
Hi,

On Thu, Dec 6, 2012 at 8:57 PM, Ravishankar <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I appreciate the effort by the Wikipedia club Pune.
>
> Please let me know if the idea for the summit was widely discussed in the
> community well in advance.

We have not seen any mails on any of the mailing lists addressing the
community to participate in the process of crystallizing the idea of
the event and any further decisions like venue selection, internships,
scholarships etc.

>
> Somehow I feel that such an event may dilute the importance of
> Wikiconference India event and may even confuse audience which is what.

+1
Absolutely.

> It will be good to know if the chapter was consulted on any national level
> event.

Chapter was not consulted in this case. Not even the community was
consulted. Community is the ultimate beneficiary from all such events
that ultimately helps all of us to improve Wikipedia. And reaching out
to them in such events is really necessary.

> Right now, the whole planning of the event seems arbitrary.

Can't comment on that. Will leave it to the organisors.

I must also state that the summit organisors have recently approached
chapter to nominate 3 representatives for organising committee.
However, it seems they are still reluctant to get/ask for community
participation by showing more openness and transperency through
mailing lists etc. Till that happens, handholding with the summit
organisors by the community/chapter to get things going further looks
troublesome.

For a successful event, I wish community asks for more pro-community
efforts in the organising of the event and the organisors come forward
for its compliance.

Chapter will always support any Wikimedia event that benefits the
community and directly/indirectly helps improve any Wikimedia
projects.

Regards
-Sudhanwa



~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!
web: www.sudhanwa.com  blog: www.sudhanwa.in
Twitter: sudhanwa Check on FB, Linkedin for more.

_______________________________________________
Wikimediaindia-l mailing list
[hidden email]
To unsubscribe from the list / change mailing preferences visit https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimediaindia-l