Wikipedia Survey | Translation help is needed for af, cs, es and id.

Wikipedia Survey | Translation help is needed for af, cs, es and id.

Naoko Komura
Greetings,

My name is Naoko, I am coordinating the translation effort for Wikipedia Survey which is conducted by UNU-Merit and Wikimedia Foundation.

The translation of the survey for 16 languages* are almost complete, however small translation work, i.e., additional 16 country names and a dozen of question strings, is left for three languages, Afrikaans, Czech and Bahasa Indonesia.  And review and additional traslation work is needed for Spanish.

If you think you can help with the translation or review for the languages above, please contact me via email.  I will discuss the details with you.  Our hope is to get the translation completed within next two weeks.

*Currently, af, cs, de, el, eo, es, fr, id, it, ja, nl, pl, pt, ru, ta, th and vi are the candidates for the survey in addition to en.

Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you!

- Naoko

Re: Wikipedia Survey | Translation help is needed foraf, cs, es and id.

Haytham Aly

Shall you include Arabic?

Re: Wikipedia Survey | Translation help is needed foraf, cs, es and id.

Haytham Aly

Shall you include Arabic?

Re: Wikipedia Survey | Translation help is needed foraf, cs, es and id.

Naoko Komura

On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 1:22 PM, Haytham hammam <[hidden email]> wrote:

Shall you include Arabic?

I would be happy to work with Arabic translators if there are folks who are willing to take on the translation work.  Arabic translation work for the survey was not completed by the volunteers, thus it is not on the final candidate list.

Please let me know if you would like to help or if you know other translators who may be able to help.

Thanks!

- Naoko

Re: Wikipedia Survey | Translation help is needed foraf, cs, es and id.

KIZU Naoko
Hi, I'm another Naoko (aka Aphaia) :)

On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 6:12 AM, Naoko Komura <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 1:22 PM, Haytham hammam <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> Shall you include Arabic?

If someone volunteers, I suppose they are happy to include Arabic. I
assume the lack of ar translation was due to Wikimania etc. Not
criticism, but then our ar volunteers were quite overloaded, as you
know.

It would be the good timing to revive [[m:Translation teams/ar]] if
you are interested in.
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Translation_teams/ar

Cheers,

> I would be happy to work with Arabic translators if there are folks who are
> willing to take on the translation work.  Arabic translation work for the
> survey was not completed by the volunteers, thus it is not on the final
> candidate list.
>
> Please let me know if you would like to help or if you know other
> translators who may be able to help.
>
> Thanks!
>
> - Naoko
>

>> ________________________________

KIZU Naoko
http://d.hatena.ne.jp/Britty (in Japanese)

Re: Wikipedia Survey | Translation help is needed foraf, cs, es and id.

Mohamed Magdy-2

On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 11:12 PM, Naoko Komura <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 1:22 PM, Haytham hammam <[hidden email]> wrote:

Shall you include Arabic?

I would be happy to work with Arabic translators if there are folks who are willing to take on the translation work.  Arabic translation work for the survey was not completed by the volunteers, thus it is not on the final candidate list.

FYI, I volunteered to work on it when asked [1] but I got no replies at that time from Erik.

[1] = http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/translators-l/2008-June/000674.html

--
--alnokta

Re: Wikipedia Survey | Translation help is needed foraf, cs, es and id.

KIZU Naoko
Sorry to hear that: it would be just a mistake.
Could you guys please give a look which Naoko  <[hidden email]>
sent to the list (fyi she is a contractor as project manager working
at the SF office from this month) and contact her to get more
information?

Hope it is not too late and thank you for your continuous interest ;)

Cheers,

On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 5:20 PM, Mohamed Magdy <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 11:12 PM, Naoko Komura <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>

>> On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 1:22 PM, Haytham hammam <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Shall you include Arabic?
>>
>> I would be happy to work with Arabic translators if there are folks who
>> are willing to take on the translation work.  Arabic translation work for
>> the survey was not completed by the volunteers, thus it is not on the final
>> candidate list.
>
> FYI, I volunteered to work on it when asked [1] but I got no replies at that
> time from Erik.
>
> [1] =
> http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/translators-l/2008-June/000674.html
>
> --
> --alnokta

KIZU Naoko
http://d.hatena.ne.jp/Britty (in Japanese)

Re: Wikipedia Survey | Translation help is needed for af, cs, es and id.

Ting Chen-2
Naoko Komura wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> My name is Naoko, I am coordinating the translation effort for
> Wikipedia Survey which is conducted by UNU-Merit and Wikimedia
> Foundation.
>
> The translation of the survey for 16 languages* are almost complete,
> however small translation work, i.e., additional 16 country names and
> a dozen of question strings, is left for three languages, Afrikaans,
> Czech and Bahasa Indonesia.  And review and additional traslation work
> is needed for Spanish.
>
> If you think you can help with the translation or review for the
> languages above, please contact me via email.  I will discuss the
> details with you.  Our hope is to get the translation completed within
> next two weeks.
>
> *Currently, af, cs, de, el, eo, es, fr, id, it, ja, nl, pl, pt, ru,
> ta, th and vi are the candidates for the survey in addition to en.
>
> Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you!
>
> - Naoko

Hello Naoko,

hier is Ting. I just noticed that Chinese is not yet on it. Can you
brief me so that I can also translate the Chinese part?

Thank you very much
Ting

Re: Wikipedia Survey | Translation help is needed foraf, cs, es and id.

urduwala
Dear Naoko ,

I am a freelance ENG<>urdu translator but i can also help you in the
following languages.

URDU       PASHTO          FARSI       DARI          ARABIC
العربية               دَرِي           فارسي                 پښتو
اُردو

If you have  any need in any of these languages,  please feel free to
contact me.

Sincerely,

ismael urduwala

[hidden email]

>> My name is Naoko, I am coordinating the translation effort for
>> Wikipedia Survey which is conducted by UNU-Merit and Wikimedia
>> Foundation.
>>
>> The translation of the survey for 16 languages* are almost complete,
>> however small translation work, i.e., additional 16 country names and
>> a dozen of question strings, is left for three languages, Afrikaans,
>> Czech and Bahasa Indonesia.  And review and additional traslation work
>> is needed for Spanish.
>>
>> If you think you can help with the translation or review for the
>> languages above, please contact me via email.  I will discuss the
>> details with you.  Our hope is to get the translation completed within
>> next two weeks.
>>
>> *Currently, af, cs, de, el, eo, es, fr, id, it, ja, nl, pl, pt, ru,
>> ta, th and vi are the candidates for the survey in addition to en.
>>
>> Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you!
>>
>> - Naoko
>>

>> --
>> Support Free Knowledge: http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Donate
>>

> Hello Naoko,
>
> hier is Ting. I just noticed that Chinese is not yet on it. Can you
> brief me so that I can also translate the Chinese part?
>
> Thank you very much
> Ting

Re: Wikipedia Survey | Translation help is needed for af, cs, es and id.

Kong Soon Lim
Greetings,

I could offer my help to translate the survey into Bahasa Melayu, ms. Just let me know if you need my help.

Best regards,
Lim K.S

You can help Wikimedia change the world!

[...]

Get your preferred Email name!

Re: Wikipedia Survey | Translation help is needed for af, cs, es and id.

Naoko Komura
Thank you so much for your overwhelmingly kind offer to support the translation effort for Wikipedia survey.  I will get back to each of you who responded to my email, but I just wanted to say a big "Thank YOU".

- Naoko (Komura)

On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 11:51 AM, Naoko Komura <[hidden email]> wrote:
Greetings,

My name is Naoko, I am coordinating the translation effort for Wikipedia Survey which is conducted by UNU-Merit and Wikimedia Foundation.

The translation of the survey for 16 languages* are almost complete, however small translation work, i.e., additional 16 country names and a dozen of question strings, is left for three languages, Afrikaans, Czech and Bahasa Indonesia.  And review and additional translation work is needed for Spanish.