Wikipedia Takes Kolkata 2

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
12 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Wikipedia Takes Kolkata 2

Kalyan Sarkar
All,

We are happy to announce that we are going to organize Wikipedia Takes Kolkata 2 on 3rd March 2013.

We are planning to cover the following -

1. Bow Barracks
2. Kapalitola Kali temple
3. Chinese temples
4. Magen David synagogue
5. Armenian Church
6. Greek Orthodox Church
7. Beth El synagogue
8. Portuguese Church
9. Any suggestions are welcome..

Last but not the least, we'll have Chinese breakfast at Tirettabazar after taking snaps of the Chinese temples.

Anybody who would be in Kolkata around that time please don't forget to join the fun. 

Thanks and regards,
Kalyan Sarkar
9836063920


_______________________________________________
Wikimediaindia-l mailing list
[hidden email]
To unsubscribe from the list / change mailing preferences visit https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimediaindia-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Wikipedia Takes Kolkata 2

Arnav Sonara
Hey,

Fantastic job. Just take care about categorizing the images properly. To avoid confusion and complexities create one unique category like WP takes Kolkata.

After photographing are you going to gather once again and upload the images at same time or individuals would later do it on their own?

Also I guess Ahswin is there in Kolkata, please do get in touch with him and try to get the list of Images needed for Kolkata related articles.

And one more thing, who all are going to participate? Wikimedia Contributors or newbies?

If you need any help please do not hesitate to get in touch with me over this thread or off list. Thanks.



On Sun, Feb 10, 2013 at 2:50 PM, Kalyan Sarkar <[hidden email]> wrote:
All,

We are happy to announce that we are going to organize Wikipedia Takes Kolkata 2 on 3rd March 2013.

We are planning to cover the following -

1. Bow Barracks
2. Kapalitola Kali temple
3. Chinese temples
4. Magen David synagogue
5. Armenian Church
6. Greek Orthodox Church
7. Beth El synagogue
8. Portuguese Church
9. Any suggestions are welcome..

Last but not the least, we'll have Chinese breakfast at Tirettabazar after taking snaps of the Chinese temples.

Anybody who would be in Kolkata around that time please don't forget to join the fun. 

Thanks and regards,
Kalyan Sarkar
9836063920


_______________________________________________
Wikimediaindia-l mailing list
[hidden email]
To unsubscribe from the list / change mailing preferences visit https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimediaindia-l




--
Thanks
Arnav (ricku).

(User:Rangilo_Gujarati)

_______________________________________________
Wikimediaindia-l mailing list
[hidden email]
To unsubscribe from the list / change mailing preferences visit https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimediaindia-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Wikipedia Takes Kolkata 2

Srikanth Ramakrishnan-3
All the very best Kalyan, do let me know if you need any assistance from the chapter.
Ping me if you need help categorising images as well.


On Sun, Feb 10, 2013 at 3:02 PM, Arnav Sonara <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hey,

Fantastic job. Just take care about categorizing the images properly. To avoid confusion and complexities create one unique category like WP takes Kolkata.

After photographing are you going to gather once again and upload the images at same time or individuals would later do it on their own?

Also I guess Ahswin is there in Kolkata, please do get in touch with him and try to get the list of Images needed for Kolkata related articles.

And one more thing, who all are going to participate? Wikimedia Contributors or newbies?

If you need any help please do not hesitate to get in touch with me over this thread or off list. Thanks.



On Sun, Feb 10, 2013 at 2:50 PM, Kalyan Sarkar <[hidden email]> wrote:
All,

We are happy to announce that we are going to organize Wikipedia Takes Kolkata 2 on 3rd March 2013.

We are planning to cover the following -

1. Bow Barracks
2. Kapalitola Kali temple
3. Chinese temples
4. Magen David synagogue
5. Armenian Church
6. Greek Orthodox Church
7. Beth El synagogue
8. Portuguese Church
9. Any suggestions are welcome..

Last but not the least, we'll have Chinese breakfast at Tirettabazar after taking snaps of the Chinese temples.

Anybody who would be in Kolkata around that time please don't forget to join the fun. 

Thanks and regards,
Kalyan Sarkar
9836063920


_______________________________________________
Wikimediaindia-l mailing list
[hidden email]
To unsubscribe from the list / change mailing preferences visit https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimediaindia-l




--
Thanks
Arnav (ricku).

(User:Rangilo_Gujarati)

_______________________________________________
Wikimediaindia-l mailing list
[hidden email]
To unsubscribe from the list / change mailing preferences visit https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimediaindia-l




--
Srikanth Ramakrishnan
Member of the Executive Committee
Wikimedia Chapter [India]


_______________________________________________
Wikimediaindia-l mailing list
[hidden email]
To unsubscribe from the list / change mailing preferences visit https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimediaindia-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Wikipedia Takes Kolkata 2

Subhashish Panigrahi-4
Great news!

Thanks Kalyan for sharing this with all of us!

It would be good if Bangla newspapers publish this in their "Today's event", this always brings a lot of enthusiasts who don't read about the announcements on mailing lists/wikipedia.

All the best for this event!

On 10-Feb-2013, at 3:15 PM, Srikanth Ramakrishnan wrote:

All the very best Kalyan, do let me know if you need any assistance from the chapter.
Ping me if you need help categorising images as well.


On Sun, Feb 10, 2013 at 3:02 PM, Arnav Sonara <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hey,

Fantastic job. Just take care about categorizing the images properly. To avoid confusion and complexities create one unique category like WP takes Kolkata.

After photographing are you going to gather once again and upload the images at same time or individuals would later do it on their own?

Also I guess Ahswin is there in Kolkata, please do get in touch with him and try to get the list of Images needed for Kolkata related articles.

And one more thing, who all are going to participate? Wikimedia Contributors or newbies?

If you need any help please do not hesitate to get in touch with me over this thread or off list. Thanks.



On Sun, Feb 10, 2013 at 2:50 PM, Kalyan Sarkar <[hidden email]> wrote:
All,

We are happy to announce that we are going to organize Wikipedia Takes Kolkata 2 on 3rd March 2013.

We are planning to cover the following -

1. Bow Barracks
2. Kapalitola Kali temple
3. Chinese temples
4. Magen David synagogue
5. Armenian Church
6. Greek Orthodox Church
7. Beth El synagogue
8. Portuguese Church
9. Any suggestions are welcome..

Last but not the least, we'll have Chinese breakfast at Tirettabazar after taking snaps of the Chinese temples.

Anybody who would be in Kolkata around that time please don't forget to join the fun. 

Thanks and regards,
Kalyan Sarkar
9836063920


_______________________________________________
Wikimediaindia-l mailing list
[hidden email]
To unsubscribe from the list / change mailing preferences visit https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimediaindia-l




--
Thanks
Arnav (ricku).

(User:Rangilo_Gujarati)

_______________________________________________
Wikimediaindia-l mailing list
[hidden email]
To unsubscribe from the list / change mailing preferences visit https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimediaindia-l




--
Srikanth Ramakrishnan
Member of the Executive Committee
Wikimedia Chapter [India]

_______________________________________________
Wikimediaindia-l mailing list
[hidden email]
To unsubscribe from the list / change mailing preferences visit https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimediaindia-l


_______________________________________________
Wikimediaindia-l mailing list
[hidden email]
To unsubscribe from the list / change mailing preferences visit https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimediaindia-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Wikipedia Takes Kolkata 2

Niraj Suryawanshi
In reply to this post by Kalyan Sarkar
Great initiative! Let's hope you break Wikipedia Club Pune's record ;)
good luck :)
Regards & Thanks,

Niraj N. Suryawanshi
Pune Institute of Computer Technology | Wikipedia Club Pune
+91 814 992 0120 | niraj.suryawanshi@gmail.com
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Wikipedia Takes Kolkata 2

Kalyan Sarkar
Arnav,

In the first Wikipedia Takes Kolkata, we used the category Category:Wikipedia Takes Kolkata. We are planning to use the same category.

The participants of the event would be mix of of Commons contributors and newbies. A couple of semi-professional photographers might join as well. I don't have Ashwin's contact no. so I've included him in cc.

After the photo walk, we'll upload the images from our homes at our convenience. This is because we would need to edit the images before uploading.

Shubhashish,

We'll try to get it published. However, from our past experience, we can only say that the Bengali language media in West Bengal is so much obsessed with political news that they don't even consider these events worthy of consideration.

Thank you everybody for the support.

Thanks and regards,
Kalyan Sarkar


On Sun, Feb 10, 2013 at 3:31 PM, Niraj Suryawanshi <[hidden email]> wrote:
Great initiative! Let's hope you break Wikipedia Club Pune's record ;)
good luck :)



-----
Regards & Thanks,

Niraj Suryawanshi
on behalf of Wikipedia Club Pune
<a href="tel:%2B91%208149920120" value="+918149920120">+91 8149920120 | [hidden email]
--
View this message in context: http://wikimedia.7.n6.nabble.com/Wikipedia-Takes-Kolkata-2-tp4995914p4995922.html
Sent from the WikiMedia India mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

_______________________________________________
Wikimediaindia-l mailing list
[hidden email]
To unsubscribe from the list / change mailing preferences visit https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimediaindia-l


_______________________________________________
Wikimediaindia-l mailing list
[hidden email]
To unsubscribe from the list / change mailing preferences visit https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimediaindia-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Wikipedia Takes Kolkata 2

Ashwin Baindur
My contact number for all concerned is 9830617962 but would prefer to be called after 1500 hours when I usually leave my office, sms earlier if you need to.

Ashwin (now in Kolkata)

On Sun, Feb 10, 2013 at 4:07 PM, Kalyan Sarkar <[hidden email]> wrote:
I don't have Ashwin's contact no. so I've included him in cc.


_______________________________________________
Wikimediaindia-l mailing list
[hidden email]
To unsubscribe from the list / change mailing preferences visit https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimediaindia-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Wikipedia Takes Kolkata 2

Vishnu t
In reply to this post by Kalyan Sarkar
Dear Kalyan,

All the very best. Please let know if we could chip in with any help. 

'The Walls of Kolkata' are so rich and diverse, but are increasingly being painted on. Some of the graduate students at Media Lab, Jadavpur University had done Video documentation called 'Project Wall'. Probably we could involve them in this event. You can see more about the Media Lab work here http://www.medialabju.org/ . You may already have many contacts in JU, but if it helps, I can put you in touch with Dr. Moinak Biswas of Media Lab, who is also the Head of the Film Studies Dept, off the list. Pls. let know. 

Probably we could also explore the possibilities of using the Media Lab space for some of outreach programmes.

Best,
Vishnu




On 10 February 2013 14:50, Kalyan Sarkar <[hidden email]> wrote:
All,

We are happy to announce that we are going to organize Wikipedia Takes Kolkata 2 on 3rd March 2013.

We are planning to cover the following -

1. Bow Barracks
2. Kapalitola Kali temple
3. Chinese temples
4. Magen David synagogue
5. Armenian Church
6. Greek Orthodox Church
7. Beth El synagogue
8. Portuguese Church
9. Any suggestions are welcome..

Last but not the least, we'll have Chinese breakfast at Tirettabazar after taking snaps of the Chinese temples.

Anybody who would be in Kolkata around that time please don't forget to join the fun. 

Thanks and regards,
Kalyan Sarkar
9836063920


_______________________________________________
Wikimediaindia-l mailing list
[hidden email]
To unsubscribe from the list / change mailing preferences visit https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimediaindia-l



_______________________________________________
Wikimediaindia-l mailing list
[hidden email]
To unsubscribe from the list / change mailing preferences visit https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimediaindia-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Wikipedia Takes Kolkata 2

Kalyan Sarkar
Ashwin,

We do not have a list of the buildings that we photographed in our maiden Wikipedia Takes Kolkata. The photos are categorized under Category:Wikipedia Takes Kolkata. Please have a look.

The page itself doesn't contain much information. However, if needed here it is - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Wikipedia_Takes_Kolkata.

Thanks and regards,
Kalyan Sarkar


On Sun, Feb 10, 2013 at 8:17 PM, Vishnu t <[hidden email]> wrote:
Dear Kalyan,

All the very best. Please let know if we could chip in with any help. 

'The Walls of Kolkata' are so rich and diverse, but are increasingly being painted on. Some of the graduate students at Media Lab, Jadavpur University had done Video documentation called 'Project Wall'. Probably we could involve them in this event. You can see more about the Media Lab work here http://www.medialabju.org/ . You may already have many contacts in JU, but if it helps, I can put you in touch with Dr. Moinak Biswas of Media Lab, who is also the Head of the Film Studies Dept, off the list. Pls. let know. 

Probably we could also explore the possibilities of using the Media Lab space for some of outreach programmes.

Best,
Vishnu




On 10 February 2013 14:50, Kalyan Sarkar <[hidden email]> wrote:
All,

We are happy to announce that we are going to organize Wikipedia Takes Kolkata 2 on 3rd March 2013.

We are planning to cover the following -

1. Bow Barracks
2. Kapalitola Kali temple
3. Chinese temples
4. Magen David synagogue
5. Armenian Church
6. Greek Orthodox Church
7. Beth El synagogue
8. Portuguese Church
9. Any suggestions are welcome..

Last but not the least, we'll have Chinese breakfast at Tirettabazar after taking snaps of the Chinese temples.

Anybody who would be in Kolkata around that time please don't forget to join the fun. 

Thanks and regards,
Kalyan Sarkar
9836063920


_______________________________________________
Wikimediaindia-l mailing list
[hidden email]
To unsubscribe from the list / change mailing preferences visit https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimediaindia-l



_______________________________________________
Wikimediaindia-l mailing list
[hidden email]
To unsubscribe from the list / change mailing preferences visit https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimediaindia-l



_______________________________________________
Wikimediaindia-l mailing list
[hidden email]
To unsubscribe from the list / change mailing preferences visit https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimediaindia-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Wikipedia Takes Kolkata 2

Abhishek Suryawanshi
In reply to this post by Kalyan Sarkar

Wow! This is nice..

Working in team for single spot will add new dimension. For Wikipedia Takes Pune, we had group of 4 people for one location - After introductory session, we provided them Google Map and Wikipedia Article copy of same - So along with photograph they also learn about aspects of that place. Example - Group going to ShaniwarWada Was briefed in advance about importance and unknown facts about that place - so photographer is clear about 'what' to capture. We requested to form group with stranges, so it was 'fun' part - everyone got to spend whole day with strangers who shared same photography passion...
Result of this exercise - Within 5 hours, 5,000+ photos were uploaded on Commons.At end of day we had 6,500+ photos.

This is great team building exercise, we received many amazing volunteers for club events. And majority work of Summit was executed by people who were participant at Takes Pune event, later on they became key persons in Club management.

All the best for Wikipedia Takes Kolkata!


Keep Organizing, Keep Inspiring! :-)


Best Regards,

Abhishek Suryawanshi,
On Behalf of Wikipedia Club Pune





On Sun, Feb 10, 2013 at 2:50 PM, Kalyan Sarkar <[hidden email]> wrote:
All,

We are happy to announce that we are going to organize Wikipedia Takes Kolkata 2 on 3rd March 2013.

We are planning to cover the following -

1. Bow Barracks
2. Kapalitola Kali temple
3. Chinese temples
4. Magen David synagogue
5. Armenian Church
6. Greek Orthodox Church
7. Beth El synagogue
8. Portuguese Church
9. Any suggestions are welcome..

Last but not the least, we'll have Chinese breakfast at Tirettabazar after taking snaps of the Chinese temples.

Anybody who would be in Kolkata around that time please don't forget to join the fun. 

Thanks and regards,
Kalyan Sarkar
9836063920


_______________________________________________
Wikimediaindia-l mailing list
[hidden email]
To unsubscribe from the list / change mailing preferences visit https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimediaindia-l



_______________________________________________
Wikimediaindia-l mailing list
[hidden email]
To unsubscribe from the list / change mailing preferences visit https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimediaindia-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Wikipedia Takes Kolkata 2

Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay-2
In reply to this post by Vishnu t
On Sun, Feb 10, 2013 at 8:17 PM, Vishnu t <[hidden email]> wrote:
> 'The Walls of Kolkata' are so rich and diverse, but are increasingly being
> painted on.

Hmm... this is an interesting perspective. Would you like to elaborate ?



--
sankarshan mukhopadhyay
<https://twitter.com/#!/sankarshan>

_______________________________________________
Wikimediaindia-l mailing list
[hidden email]
To unsubscribe from the list / change mailing preferences visit https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimediaindia-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Wikipedia Takes Kolkata 2

Niraj Suryawanshi
In reply to this post by Kalyan Sarkar
Yep I agree with Abhishek!
the concept is very good, the participants should be guided about few things
"Where" to click
exactly "What" & "How" to click
also the "Fun" part in it!

Organized effort leads to a precise outcome. Also about the working with strangers & team building effort we here in Wikipedia Club Pune have a great team now.
and that's the story of me getting attached to the Wikipedia Club Pune.

Waiting to hear your success story!
All the Best!!

Regards & Thanks,

Niraj N. Suryawanshi
Pune Institute of Computer Technology | Wikipedia Club Pune
+91 814 992 0120 | niraj.suryawanshi@gmail.com