Wikipedia and FOSS.in

CherianTinu Abraham
Hi folks,
I know it is very very late for this now.. Can we have some wikipedia participation for the upcoming FOSS.in conference at Bangalore ?

For those who came in late, Atul Chitnis of FOSS.in had inivited us for speaker notes or even info stalls for wikipedia , during the last Bangalore meetup ( Oct 11) .

Unfortunately most of us went busy and today ( 28th Oct , 2009) happens to be last date for the speaker registeration.

More details can be seen below>

http://foss.in/
http://foss.in/register/speaker-registration-2009

Since Atul is very sympathetic to the cause of Wikipedia, we may be still possible to buy some more time if v can get some concrete ideas by today. ;)

Comments?

Thanks
Tinu Cherian

Re: Wikipedia and FOSS.in

Arjuna Rao Chavala
From a technology angle, I do not think we have active people on media
wiki or other open source wiki editors and stuff like that.  We can
putup a stall, but I have doubts that the hacker community will be
interested in. Wikimedia as a platform. We can attempt a stall, if
that gives us a bit of publicity to promote our cause.

Regards
Arjun

--
Sent from my mobile device

Re: Wikipedia and FOSS.in

PlaneMad
i wouldnt mind speaking. looks like the registrations closed, how would i go about submitting a talk?

From a technology angle, I do not think we have active people on media

--
Sent from my mobile device

http://j.mp/ArunGanesh

Re: Wikipedia and FOSS.in

Kiran Jonnalagadda
On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 5:34 PM, CherianTinu Abraham <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi folks,
I know it is very very late for this now.. Can we have some wikipedia participation for the upcoming FOSS.in conference at Bangalore ?

I've submitted a workout session proposal for the MediaWiki API access framework I described at the last meetup.