Wikipedia crashes browser

jmh649
Wikipedia crashes Google chrome every time it logs me out. It appears
to log me out every hour even though I have requested that it keep me
logged in for 30 days. Has anyone else had this problem and does
anyone know how to get it fixed. I posted to couple of places on Wiki
a few months ago with little response.

--
James Heilman
MD, CCFP-EM, Wikipedian

Re: Wikipedia crashes browser

Erkan Yilmaz
Does this happen with other browsers too?
Does it happen on a specific wiki (page) only (e.g. en, de, commons, ...)?
Since when started this behaviour?
Which google browser, OS are you using?
You could try to make another account to see if it perhaps account related?
... more questions actually but let's wait for  the answers

On Fri, Jan 20, 2012 at 9:49 AM, James Heilman <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Wikipedia crashes Google chrome every time it logs me out. It appears
> to log me out every hour even though I have requested that it keep me
> logged in for 30 days. Has anyone else had this problem and does
> anyone know how to get it fixed. I posted to couple of places on Wiki
> a few months ago with little response.
>
> --
> James Heilman
> MD, CCFP-EM, Wikipedian

Find me at:

LinkedIn http://www.linkedin.com/in/yilmazerkan
XING https://www.xing.com/profile/Erkan_Yilmaz2

personal blog http://IaskQuestions.com

If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in
error)
please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail.
Any unauthorised copying, disclosure or distribution of the material
in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.

Diese eMail enthaelt vertrauliche und/oder rechtlich geschuetzte
Informationen.
Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese eMail irrtuemlich
erhalten
haben, informieren Sie bitte sofort den Absender und vernichten Sie diese
Mail.
Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser Mail ist nicht
gestattet.

Re: Wikipedia crashes browser

Trần Nguyễn Minh Huy
I am using Chrome 17beta, not detect this. My home wiki: vi.wikipedia.org

2012/1/20, James Heilman <[hidden email]>:

> Wikipedia crashes Google chrome every time it logs me out. It appears
> to log me out every hour even though I have requested that it keep me
> logged in for 30 days. Has anyone else had this problem and does
> anyone know how to get it fixed. I posted to couple of places on Wiki
> a few months ago with little response.
>
> --
> James Heilman
> MD, CCFP-EM, Wikipedian

--Minh Huy (Minata Hatsune)
---volunteer and Vietnamese translation coordinator of the Wikimedia
Foundation---

Re: Wikipedia crashes browser

Svip
On 20 January 2012 10:22, Minh Huy (WMF) <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I am using Chrome 17beta, not detect this. My home wiki: vi.wikipedia.org

You are using a beta release of a browser?  Yeah, I'd rather wait for
the stable release before we start dealing in unfinished software
support.

Re: Wikipedia crashes browser

Trần Nguyễn Minh Huy
Yes, it's beta version for Chrome.