Wikipedia for dummies

Jakob Voss-2
(I'm follwing up to foundation-l because more people may be interested)

Jean-Baptiste Soufron wrote:

> By the way,
>
> what about a "wikipedia for the dummies" book ?

http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/ASIN/3866400012
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/de/8/8b/WikiPress_1_Wikipedia.pdf
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Pressemitteilungen/Wikipress_Band_1
http://www.wikipress.de/WikiPress:Wikipedia/Inhaltsverzeichnis

Sorry, it's in German only - you probably need specific books for each
language because of the specialities of Wikipedia's in each language.

Directmedia hired the editor (Henriette Fiebig) to collect and sort
Wikipedia project pages - in the end she had to rewrite most of it
because help pages in a Wiki are different from what you expect from a
book. I think that it's the best way to to pick one or two known
community members and let them write the book (on basis of existing
project and help pages of course) or you will end in endless discussion
and unfinished parts.

Greetings,
Jakob