Wikipedia holiday decreed: Justin Knapp Day

Wikipedia holiday decreed: Justin Knapp Day

David Gerard-2
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Justin_Knapp_Day

Jimbo proclaimed on April 20, 2012:

Greetings everyone!

I hereby proclaim, in my usual authoritarian and bossy manner, that
today (April 20) shall forever been known as Justin Knapp Day.
Wikipedians of the distant future shall marvel at the first person to
ever make 1,000,000 edits. Tonight at dinner, every Wikipedian should
say a toast to Justin and his many edits.

In countries which celebrate Easter, which is sometimes at a similar
time of year, and indeed will fall on Justin Knapp day in 2014 for
both the Eastern and Western traditions, children will be allowed to
eat up to 1 million candies each.

- d.

Re: Wikipedia holiday decreed: Justin Knapp Day

Victor Vasiliev
On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 10:41 PM, David Gerard <[hidden email]> wrote:

> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Justin_Knapp_Day
>
> Jimbo proclaimed on April 20, 2012:
>
> Greetings everyone!
>
> I hereby proclaim, in my usual authoritarian and bossy manner, that
> today (April 20) shall forever been known as Justin Knapp Day.
> Wikipedians of the distant future shall marvel at the first person to
> ever make 1,000,000 edits. Tonight at dinner, every Wikipedian should
> say a toast to Justin and his many edits.
>
> In countries which celebrate Easter, which is sometimes at a similar
> time of year, and indeed will fall on Justin Knapp day in 2014 for
> both the Eastern and Western traditions, children will be allowed to
> eat up to 1 million candies each.
>

> - d.

Yay!

It has been a long time since we got our last Wikipedia holiday.

—vvv

Re: Wikipedia holiday decreed: Justin Knapp Day

Phil Nash-3
A million? Personally, I prefer quality over quantity. He's not that good.

On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 10:41 PM, David Gerard <[hidden email]> wrote:

> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Justin_Knapp_Day
>
> Jimbo proclaimed on April 20, 2012:
>
> Greetings everyone!
>
> I hereby proclaim, in my usual authoritarian and bossy manner, that
> today (April 20) shall forever been known as Justin Knapp Day.
> Wikipedians of the distant future shall marvel at the first person to
> ever make 1,000,000 edits. Tonight at dinner, every Wikipedian should
> say a toast to Justin and his many edits.
>
> In countries which celebrate Easter, which is sometimes at a similar
> time of year, and indeed will fall on Justin Knapp day in 2014 for
> both the Eastern and Western traditions, children will be allowed to
> eat up to 1 million candies each.
>

> - d.

Yay!

It has been a long time since we got our last Wikipedia holiday.

—vvv

Re: Wikipedia holiday decreed: Justin Knapp Day

petr skupa
Even so, the number is just awesome by itself.
1 000 000 I would never imagine to see such editcount!

Amazing.

Petr [[u:Reo On]] Skupa

On Sat, Apr 21, 2012 at 1:23 AM, Phil Nash <[hidden email]> wrote:

> A million? Personally, I prefer quality over quantity. He's not that good.
>
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Victor Vasiliev" <[hidden email]>

Bod Notbod
On Sat, Apr 21, 2012 at 00:23, Phil Nash <[hidden email]> wrote:

> A million? Personally, I prefer quality over quantity. He's not that good.

I spent ten minutes writing a bristly response to this before I
realised you were joking.