Wikipedia meetup - Oct 11

Arun Ramarathnam
Dear Wikipedians,

This is to announce the next Wikipedian meetup to be held in Oct 9.
Further details can be found at the Wiki page:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Meetup/Bangalore/Bangalore6

The meetups are intended to be structured as follows — Introductions, a few focused talks by wikipedians to share experience / expertise followed by demos and open discussions on topics of common interest.

We have some interesting talks lined up this meetup, Please do make it.

Please spread the word around and hope to see many of you there at the meetup. We are having some good momentum going with the monthly face to face meetups.

Regards

Arun

Bangalore, India
www.arunram.net | www.twitter.com/arunram

Re: Wikipedia meetup - Oct 11

Arun Ramarathnam
Dear all:

Please pardon an error in my email The meeting is on Sunday the 11th October. The mail content in wrongly mentioned as  9th Oct.

The meeting is on the 11th of October (Sun) as per the wiki.

My apologies for the oversight!
Thanks to Anirudh for pointing it out.

On Mon, Sep 28, 2009 at 11:44 AM, Arun Ram <[hidden email]> wrote:
Dear Wikipedians,

This is to announce the next Wikipedian meetup to be held in Oct 9.
Further details can be found at the Wiki page:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Meetup/Bangalore/Bangalore6

The meetups are intended to be structured as follows — Introductions, a few focused talks by wikipedians to share experience / expertise followed by demos and open discussions on topics of common interest.

We have some interesting talks lined up this meetup, Please do make it.

Please spread the word around and hope to see many of you there at the meetup. We are having some good momentum going with the monthly face to face meetups.

Regards

Arun

Bangalore, India
www.arunram.net | www.twitter.com/arunram

Re: Wikipedia meetup - Oct 11

CherianTinu Abraham
A linkedin Notice to the event can be found at

http://events.linkedin.com/6th-Wikipedia-WikiMedia-Wikimeetup/pub/135107

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Meetup/Bangalore/Bangalore6

I am planning to take a demo on AWB ( AutoWikiBrowser ) , an advanced wikipedia editing tool, on the same day..

Thanks
Tinu Cherian

On Mon, Sep 28, 2009 at 11:56 AM, Arun Ram <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Srikanth Ramakrishnan
Thanks a lot Tinu. I just can't understand what to do.

2009/9/29 CherianTinu Abraham <[hidden email]>:

> A linkedin Notice to the event can be found at
>
> http://events.linkedin.com/6th-Wikipedia-WikiMedia-Wikimeetup/pub/135107
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Meetup/Bangalore/Bangalore6
>
> I am planning to take a demo on AWB ( AutoWikiBrowser ) , an advanced
> wikipedia editing tool, on the same day..
>
> Thanks
> Tinu Cherian
>
> On Mon, Sep 28, 2009 at 11:56 AM, Arun Ram <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Dear all:
>>
>> Please pardon an error in my email The meeting is on Sunday the 11th
>> October. The mail content in wrongly mentioned as  9th Oct.
>>
>> The meeting is on the 11th of October (Sun) as per the wiki.
>>
>> My apologies for the oversight!
>> Thanks to Anirudh for pointing it out.
>>
>> regards
>>
>> Arun
>>
>> Bangalore, India
>> www.arunram.net | www.twitter.com/arunram
>>

>> On Mon, Sep 28, 2009 at 11:44 AM, Arun Ram <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Dear Wikipedians,
>>>
>>> This is to announce the next Wikipedian meetup to be held in Oct 9.
>>> Further details can be found at the Wiki page:
>>>
>>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Meetup/Bangalore/Bangalore6
>>>
>>> The meetups are intended to be structured as follows — Introductions, a
>>> few focused talks by wikipedians to share experience / expertise followed by
>>> demos and open discussions on topics of common interest.
>>>
>>> We have some interesting talks lined up this meetup, Please do make it.
>>>
>>> Please spread the word around and hope to see many of you there at the
>>> meetup. We are having some good momentum going with the monthly face to face
>>> meetups.
>>>
>>> Regards
>>>
>>> Arun
>>>
>>> Bangalore, India
>>> www.arunram.net | www.twitter.com/arunram

If any message seems out of the blue from this account, PLEASE call me
up on my mobile to confirm it was sent by me.

Re: Wikipedia meetup - Oct 11

CherianTinu Abraham

Thanks to all who attented the Meetup and made it a success. Special Thanks to Kiran (jackerhack) and Hari (HPN) for the presentations.

One photo of the event
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:WikiMeetupBlore11Oct09_5.JPG
I have uploaded the rest of the photos to this category >
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Bangalore_Meetup_2009

A big thanks to CIS ( Centre for Internet & Society) for helping us host us the event.

If any one of you are blogging about the event, please do fwd me asap. Some media people have asked me for more information on the event.

Thanks
Tinu Cherian

On Fri, Oct 9, 2009 at 7:26 AM, CherianTinu Abraham <[hidden email]> wrote:
Just to remind again , it is happening this weekend.

Hoping to meet all of you there..

Thanks
Tinu Cherian

On Sun, Oct 4, 2009 at 9:38 AM, CherianTinu Abraham <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi friends,
This is to remind the next Wikipedia meetup happens next sunday Oct 11th 2009.. just one more week ahead.

Some newspaper publications have also expressed interest in covering the event.

Requesting everyone's help and participation to make this a success..

Please sign up if havent already : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Meetup/Bangalore/Bangalore6

Thanks
Tinu Cherian