Wikipedia related activities in GNUnify 2013

Wikipedia related activities in GNUnify 2013

Sudhanwa Jogalekar
Hi,

In Gnunify 2013, we are having many activities related to Wikipedia.
Here is a list(not in any particular order of preference/importance):

Day 1: 15th Feb.
Talk: Introduction to Creative Commons By Jessica Coats
Talk:Translations for Wikipedia made easy By Siebrand Mazeland, Niklas Laxstrom
Talk:Localization Needs and Ideas - REBOOT By Runa Bhattacharjee

Day 2: 16th Feb
Wikiacademy
Talk:Open Education Resources By Jane Hornibrook
Talk: Introduction to other Wikimedia projects - Wikimedia commons,
Wikisource etc
Workshop: Building input methods for your own language By Amir Aharoni
Talk: How to contribute to Wikipedia in your favourite language By
Alolita Sharma
Talk:Internationalizing your code with Milkshake By Santhosh Thottingal
Talk: Query.IME - Contributing an input method for your preferred
language By Amir Aharoni, Yuvi Panda

Registration for attendees is already open. Please register on the
site www.gnunify.in
This is a great opportunity to participate in Wikimedia activities. Do
join us in the conference !!

Regards
-Sudhanwa Jogalekar
(Team GNUnify) , (President, Wikimedia India Chapter.)
--

~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!
web: www.sudhanwa.com  blog: www.sudhanwa.in

Re: Wikipedia related activities in GNUnify 2013

Vishnu t
Dear Sudhanwa,

Thanks for sharing this. Very interesting mix of titles. We should ensure to record them and put up on CC. As these can be very good source for the Community.

All the best with GNUnify and I am very excited to be there.

Best,
Vishnu

On 14 February 2013 02:16, Sudhanwa Jogalekar <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Subhashish Panigrahi-4
FYI could be useful for anyone interested in gadgets for regional language Wikipedias.

Begin forwarded message:

From: Yuvi Panda <[hidden email]>
Date: 14 February 2013 2:38:17 PM IST
To: MediaWiki development in India <[hidden email]>
Subject: [MediaWiki-India] Gadget Workshop at GNUnify

Hello!

There is a Gadgets / Userscripts workshop at GNUnify on the 17th, in Pune. Everyone please welcome! More details at https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Building_Wikipedia_Gadgets_Made_Easy:_A_MediaWiki_Workshop

Thanks :)

--
Yuvi Panda T
http://yuvi.in/blog

Best!
Subha

On 14-Feb-2013, at 9:44 AM, Vishnu t <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Gnunify 2013 online webcasting is available on this url:
http://202.71.141.150:8042/gnunify

You can login with username/password  "user1/user1" or "user2/user2".
We will be streaming from 2 different rooms.Checkout the program
schedule and select whatever you want.

There might be some technical problem once in a while.

Regards
-Sudhanwa

Re: Wikipedia related activities in GNUnify 2013

Niraj Suryawanshi
Great Start to GNUnify!
Congrats gnunify 2013 team! keep it up!!

Regards & Thanks,
Pune Institute of Computer Technology | Wikipedia Club Pune
8149920120 | [hidden email]

On Fri, Feb 15, 2013 at 10:53 AM, Sudhanwa Jogalekar [via Wikimedia] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

Gnunify 2013 online webcasting is available on this url:
http://202.71.141.150:8042/gnunify

You can login with username/password  "user1/user1" or "user2/user2".
We will be streaming from 2 different rooms.Checkout the program
schedule and select whatever you want.

There might be some technical problem once in a while.

Regards
-Sudhanwa

http://wikimedia.7.n6.nabble.com/Wikipedia-related-activities-in-GNUnify-2013-tp4996327p4996504.html
To start a new topic under WikiMedia India, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from WikiMedia India, click here.
NAML

Regards & Thanks,

Niraj N. Suryawanshi
Pune Institute of Computer Technology | Wikipedia Club Pune
+91 814 992 0120 | niraj.suryawanshi@gmail.com

Re: [Wikimedia-IN-PUN] Wikipedia related activities in GNUnify 2013

Subhashish Panigrahi-4
Hi All,

Pune has just celebrated the glory of free and open source technologies in GNUnify 2013. Many reports and updates about the activities are coming soon. In the mean time those who had attended this stretch their tired shoulders and write long reports enjoy some photos and podcasts of few sessions uploaded on Commons: http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:GNUnify_2013

- Subha

On 14-Feb-2013, at 9:44 AM, Vishnu t wrote:

[...]

Dear Subhashish Sir,
Thanks for the links.

And congratulations to Mr. Joglekar & GNUnify team for the success of the event!