Wikipedia survey

Michala Beer
Hi,

I am a student of Human resources and Lifelong learning from the Czech republic. I have studied in Sweden in Linköping as an Erasmus student for one year.

I am making for one of my course a small survey about wikipedia volunteers and I have found your e-mail at the Wikipedia websites.

Can I ask you some questions? It would be great if you answer them for me and if you can write me, where you are from and what you are doing!

QUESTIONS:
1) Why did you start with editing wikipedia articles?
2) How many articles have you edited?
3) What are your expectations and motives to edit articles on wikipedia?
4) How would you define online volunteerism?
5) Do you support another platform as an online volunteer?

Thank you very much for you answers! I am appreciating it so much.
My e-mail is: [hidden email]
I wish you a nice day!

Michala

If you want, you can fill the questionnaire here:
http://FreeOnlineSurveys.com/rendersurvey.asp?sid=x8qvqn1idblbpbq903396

Re: Wikipedia survey

WereSpielChequers-2
Hi Michala,

1 I started editing Wikipedia articles because I saw a small
improvement I could make.

2 I don't know how many articles I have edited, but it will be a large
number. Not as large as the number of edits I've made, you can see
that at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:EDITS but more than
10,000

3 My expectations are that the good edits I do will be kept and built
on and that any mistakes I make will be fixed by others. My motives
are many, I am a bookworm with a thirst for knowledge, Wikipedia
enables me to read as much as I want, and fix irritating errors as I
do so. Wikipedia enables me to write about things I care about to
bring them to the world's attention. My skills as a writer and as an
editor have been honed by seeing my work corrected and improved by
others.

4 online volunteerism is the process whereby people give their time
and E resources freely to assist others via the Internet.

5 Yes

Regards

WSC

On 25 April 2011 11:51, Michala Beer <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am a student of Human resources and Lifelong learning from the Czech republic. I have studied in Sweden in Linköping as an Erasmus student for one year.
>
> I am making for one of my course a small survey about wikipedia volunteers and I have found your e-mail at the Wikipedia websites.
>
> Can I ask you some questions? It would be great if you answer them for me and if you can write me, where you are from and what you are doing!
>
> QUESTIONS:
> 1) Why did you start with editing wikipedia articles?
> 2) How many articles have you edited?
> 3) What are your expectations and motives to edit articles on wikipedia?
> 4) How would you define online volunteerism?
> 5) Do you support another platform as an online volunteer?
>

> Thank you very much for you answers! I am appreciating it so much.
> My e-mail is: [hidden email]
> I wish you a nice day!
>
> Michala
>
> If you want, you can fill the questionnaire here:
> http://FreeOnlineSurveys.com/rendersurvey.asp?sid=x8qvqn1idblbpbq903396

Re: Wikipedia survey

Fred Bauder-2
> Hi,
>
> I am a student of Human resources and Lifelong learning from the Czech
> republic. I have studied in Sweden in Linköping as an Erasmus student for
> one year.
>
> I am making for one of my course a small survey about wikipedia
> volunteers and I have found your e-mail at the Wikipedia websites.
>
> Can I ask you some questions? It would be great if you answer them for me
> and if you can write me, where you are from and what you are doing!
>
> QUESTIONS:
> 1) Why did you start with editing wikipedia articles?

I saw an article in The New York Times Magazine

http://www.nytimes.com/2001/12/09/magazine/the-year-in-ideas-a-to-z-populist-editing.html?scp=5&sq=year+in+ideas+wikipedia&st=nyt

and tried it out.

> 2) How many articles have you edited?

28,507 however, many edits were made to policy pages as I was an arbitrator.

> 3) What are your expectations and motives to edit articles on wikipedia?

To be able to add reliable interesting information have it remain
available to the public.

> 4) How would you define online volunteerism?

Working for public benefit

> 5) Do you support another platform as an online volunteer?

Wikinfo.org a fork of Wikipedia

Fred Bauder

> Thank you very much for you answers! I am appreciating it so much.
> My e-mail is: [hidden email]
> I wish you a nice day!
>
> Michala
>
> If you want, you can fill the questionnaire here:
> http://FreeOnlineSurveys.com/rendersurvey.asp?sid=x8qvqn1idblbpbq903396

Re: Wikipedia survey

Nathan Awrich
Presumably Michala didn't realize it was a mailing list; any replies
should at least cc her, since she probably is not a subscriber.

Nathan

Re: Wikipedia survey

최민석
Hi Wikipedia colleagues:

I NEED YOUR HELP. I am a student at the Department of Management Engineering
of a South Korean University. I have prepared a well-designed online survey,
which have been review by many English speakers. The survey is about why you
contribute to Wikipedia, using your time. The entire survey consists of 45
short questions and takes approximately 10 minutes to complete. This survey
will be included into my PhD thesis. I have found your e-mail address at
[hidden email]. It would be great if you answer them for me. VISIT
HERE<https://spreadsheets1.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?authkey=CLaQ2rUL&authkey=CLaQ2rUL&hl=en&hl=en&formkey=dDh4WWdlclhra1dFb2JES0hzMHY5d0E6MA#gid=0>

Thank you very much for you answers! I am appreciating it so much.

Sincerely,
Cooldenny