Wikipedic OCD

Bod Notbod
Does anyone else suffer from this problem, whereby you listen to or
watch any kind of programme and think "I could add that to Wikipedia!"

For me, there's so many facts I encounter every day that having that
thought becomes overwhelming.

I just wonder if I'm alone.

User:Bodnotbod

Re: Wikipedic OCD

Alison M. Wheeler
No, you are not alone ;-P

Sometimes you can look at my editing history and see what I am watching / listening to 'live' (eg. documentary on Skippy the Bush Kangaroo very recently!)

Alison

----- "Bod Notbod" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Does anyone else suffer from this problem, whereby you listen to or
> watch any kind of programme and think "I could add that to
> Wikipedia!"
>
> For me, there's so many facts I encounter every day that having that
> thought becomes overwhelming.
>
> I just wonder if I'm alone.
>
> User:Bodnotbod

Re: Wikipedic OCD

Fred Bauder-2
Some books are very productive in that way, if you have time to add each
interesting fact to the encyclopedia. TV is a bit awkward to reference,
at least routinely.

Fred

> Does anyone else suffer from this problem, whereby you listen to or
> watch any kind of programme and think "I could add that to Wikipedia!"
>
> For me, there's so many facts I encounter every day that having that
> thought becomes overwhelming.
>
> I just wonder if I'm alone.
>
> User:Bodnotbod

Re: Wikipedic OCD

Chad
On Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 2:44 PM, Bod Notbod <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Does anyone else suffer from this problem, whereby you listen to or
> watch any kind of programme and think "I could add that to Wikipedia!"
>
> For me, there's so many facts I encounter every day that having that
> thought becomes overwhelming.
>
> I just wonder if I'm alone.
>
> User:Bodnotbod

I used to, but they have a cure for that now.

-Chad

Re: Wikipedic OCD

George William Herbert
On Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 12:00 PM, Fred Bauder <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Some books are very productive in that way, if you have time to add each
> interesting fact to the encyclopedia. TV is a bit awkward to reference,
> at least routinely.
>
> Fred
>

>> Does anyone else suffer from this problem, whereby you listen to or
>> watch any kind of programme and think "I could add that to Wikipedia!"
>>
>> For me, there's so many facts I encounter every day that having that
>> thought becomes overwhelming.
>>
>> I just wonder if I'm alone.

Last time I had a serious attack of that, with a Book, I spent a day
doing diagrams and two days learning the math markup language stuff
well enough to transcribe the formulas in accurately.

It is somewhat self-correcting ;-P

--
-george william herbert