Wikistats 2.0 - Now with Maps!

Nuria Ruiz
Hello from Analytics team:

Just a brief note to announce that Wikistats 2.0 includes data about
pageviews per project per country for the current month.

Take a look, pageviews for Spanish Wikipedia this current month:
https://stats.wikimedia.org/v2/#/es.wikipedia.org/reading/pageviews-by-country

Data is also available programatically vi APIs:

https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/Analytics/AQS/Pageviews#Pageviews_split_by_country

We will be deploying small UI tweaks during this week but please explore
and let us know what you think.

Thanks,

Nuria

Re: Wikistats 2.0 - Now with Maps!

יגאל חיטרון-2
Hello and thank you.
What do you mean in country named "--"?
Igal (User:IKhitron)

On Feb 15, 2018 00:15, "Nuria Ruiz" <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello from Analytics team:

Just a brief note to announce that Wikistats 2.0 includes data about
pageviews per project per country for the current month.

Take a look, pageviews for Spanish Wikipedia this current month:
https://stats.wikimedia.org/v2/#/es.wikipedia.org/reading/
pageviews-by-country

Data is also available programatically vi APIs:

https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/Analytics/AQS/
Pageviews#Pageviews_split_by_country

We will be deploying small UI tweaks during this week but please explore
and let us know what you think.

Thanks,

Nuria

Re: Wikistats 2.0 - Now with Maps!

Nuria Ruiz
Hello,

>Hello and thank you.
>What do you mean in country named "--"?

Not sure what you are asking, maybe a screenshot would help?

On Wed, Feb 14, 2018 at 3:04 PM, יגאל חיטרון <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello and thank you.
> What do you mean in country named "--"?
> Igal (User:IKhitron)
>

> On Feb 15, 2018 00:15, "Nuria Ruiz" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello from Analytics team:
>
> Just a brief note to announce that Wikistats 2.0 includes data about
> pageviews per project per country for the current month.
>
> Take a look, pageviews for Spanish Wikipedia this current month:
> https://stats.wikimedia.org/v2/#/es.wikipedia.org/reading/
> pageviews-by-country
>
> Data is also available programatically vi APIs:
>
> https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/Analytics/AQS/
> Pageviews#Pageviews_split_by_country
>
> We will be deploying small UI tweaks during this week but please explore
> and let us know what you think.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Nuria

Re: Wikistats 2.0 - Now with Maps!

יגאל חיטרון-2
Sorry, I can't. I opened the link you gave on hewiki. Changed from map view
to table view. I get a list of countries - US, France, Spain, --, Japan,
and so on. It's a link, and clicking it opens unexisting wiki article with
the same name.
Igal

On Feb 15, 2018 02:23, "Nuria Ruiz" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> >Hello and thank you.
> >What do you mean in country named "--"?
>
> Not sure what you are asking, maybe a screenshot would help?
>
> On Wed, Feb 14, 2018 at 3:04 PM, יגאל חיטרון <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hello and thank you.
> > What do you mean in country named "--"?
> > Igal (User:IKhitron)
> >

> > On Feb 15, 2018 00:15, "Nuria Ruiz" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hello from Analytics team:
> >
> > Just a brief note to announce that Wikistats 2.0 includes data about
> > pageviews per project per country for the current month.
> >
> > Take a look, pageviews for Spanish Wikipedia this current month:
> > https://stats.wikimedia.org/v2/#/es.wikipedia.org/reading/
> > pageviews-by-country
> >
> > Data is also available programatically vi APIs:
> >
> > https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/Analytics/AQS/
> > Pageviews#Pageviews_split_by_country
> >
> > We will be deploying small UI tweaks during this week but please explore
> > and let us know what you think.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Nuria

Re: Wikistats 2.0 - Now with Maps!

Michael Schönitzer-2
here a screenshot:

There's a second anomaly: "SX" is also listed…

> Sorry, I can't. I opened the link you gave on hewiki. Changed from map view
> to table view. I get a list of countries - US, France, Spain, --, Japan,
> and so on. It's a link, and clicking it opens unexisting wiki article with
> the same name.
> Igal
>

> On Feb 15, 2018 02:23, "Nuria Ruiz" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > >Hello and thank you.
> > >What do you mean in country named "--"?
> >
> > Not sure what you are asking, maybe a screenshot would help?
> >
> > On Wed, Feb 14, 2018 at 3:04 PM, יגאל חיטרון <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > Hello and thank you.
> > > What do you mean in country named "--"?
> > > Igal (User:IKhitron)
> > >

> > > On Feb 15, 2018 00:15, "Nuria Ruiz" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hello from Analytics team:
> > >
> > > Just a brief note to announce that Wikistats 2.0 includes data about
> > > pageviews per project per country for the current month.
> > >
> > > Take a look, pageviews for Spanish Wikipedia this current month:
> > > https://stats.wikimedia.org/v2/#/es.wikipedia.org/reading/
> > > pageviews-by-country
> > >
> > > Data is also available programatically vi APIs:
> > >
> > > https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/Analytics/AQS/
> > > Pageviews#Pageviews_split_by_country
> > >
> > > We will be deploying small UI tweaks during this week but please
> explore
> > > and let us know what you think.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > Nuria

Michael F. Schönitzer

Tel. (030) 219 158 26-0
http://wikimedia.de

http://spenden.wikimedia.de/

bug.png (4K) Download Attachment

Re: Wikistats 2.0 - Now with Maps!

Yuri Astrakhan
Nuria, well done, looks awesome!  I think you want to set zoom limits -
right now you can zoom in and zoom out almost infinitely. Congrats!

On Wed, Feb 14, 2018 at 8:47 PM, Michael Schönitzer <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> here a screenshot:
>
> There's a second anomaly: "SX" is also listed…

> > Sorry, I can't. I opened the link you gave on hewiki. Changed from map
> view
> > to table view. I get a list of countries - US, France, Spain, --, Japan,
> > and so on. It's a link, and clicking it opens unexisting wiki article
> with
> > the same name.
> > Igal
> >

> > On Feb 15, 2018 02:23, "Nuria Ruiz" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > Hello,

> > > Not sure what you are asking, maybe a screenshot would help?

> > explore

> Michael F. Schönitzer

> Tel. (030) 219 158 26-0
> http://wikimedia.de
>
> Stellen Sie sich eine Welt vor, in der jeder Mensch an der Menge allen
> Wissens frei teilhaben kann. Helfen Sie uns dabei!
> http://spenden.wikimedia.de/

Re: Wikistats 2.0 - Now with Maps!

Dan Andreescu
יגאל חיטרון‎, the -- means "Unknown", perhaps we should name it that.

That's a good idea, Yuri, we'll do that.

On Wed, Feb 14, 2018 at 9:24 PM, Yuri Astrakhan <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Nuria, well done, looks awesome!  I think you want to set zoom limits -
> right now you can zoom in and zoom out almost infinitely. Congrats!
>
> On Wed, Feb 14, 2018 at 8:47 PM, Michael Schönitzer <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > here a screenshot:
> >
> > There's a second anomaly: "SX" is also listed…

> > > Sorry, I can't. I opened the link you gave on hewiki. Changed from map
> > view
> > > to table view. I get a list of countries - US, France, Spain, --,
> Japan,
> > > and so on. It's a link, and clicking it opens unexisting wiki article
> > with
> > > the same name.
> > > Igal

> about

> > > explore

> > Michael F. Schönitzer
> >

> > Wikimedia Deutschland e.V. | Tempelhofer Ufer 23-24 | 10963 Berlin
> > Tel. (030) 219 158 26-0
> > http://wikimedia.de
> >
> > Stellen Sie sich eine Welt vor, in der jeder Mensch an der Menge allen
> > Wissens frei teilhaben kann. Helfen Sie uns dabei!
> > http://spenden.wikimedia.de/
> >
> > Wikimedia Deutschland - Gesellschaft zur Förderung Freien Wissens e.V.
> > Eingetragen im Vereinsregister des Amtsgerichts Berlin-Charlottenburg
> unter
> > der Nummer 23855 B. Als gemeinnützig anerkannt durch das Finanzamt für
> > Körperschaften I Berlin, Steuernummer 27/681/51985.

Re: Wikistats 2.0 - Now with Maps!

Arturo Borrero
On Wed, Feb 14, 2018 at 11:15 PM, Nuria Ruiz <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello from Analytics team:
>
> Just a brief note to announce that Wikistats 2.0 includes data about
> pageviews per project per country for the current month.
>
> Take a look, pageviews for Spanish Wikipedia this current month:
> https://stats.wikimedia.org/v2/#/es.wikipedia.org/reading/pageviews-by-country
>
> Data is also available programatically vi APIs:
>
> https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/Analytics/AQS/Pageviews#Pageviews_split_by_country
>
> We will be deploying small UI tweaks during this week but please explore
> and let us know what you think.

It's just great! It took me a while to understand the meaning of
100M->1G and friends.

warning: exploring too much destroys productivity :-)

Re: Wikistats 2.0 - Now with Maps!

Nuria Ruiz
>Nuria, well done, looks awesome!  I think you want to set zoom limits -
>right now you can zoom in and zoom out almost infinitely.
Fix on the way:
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T187205

On Wed, Feb 14, 2018 at 6:24 PM, Yuri Astrakhan <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Nuria, well done, looks awesome!  I think you want to set zoom limits -
> right now you can zoom in and zoom out almost infinitely. Congrats!
>
> On Wed, Feb 14, 2018 at 8:47 PM, Michael Schönitzer <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > here a screenshot:
> >
> > There's a second anomaly: "SX" is also listed…

> > > Sorry, I can't. I opened the link you gave on hewiki. Changed from map
> > view
> > > to table view. I get a list of countries - US, France, Spain, --,
> Japan,
> > > and so on. It's a link, and clicking it opens unexisting wiki article
> > with
> > > the same name.
> > > Igal

> about

> > > explore

> > Michael F. Schönitzer
> >

> > Wikimedia Deutschland e.V. | Tempelhofer Ufer 23-24 | 10963 Berlin
> > Tel. (030) 219 158 26-0
> > http://wikimedia.de
> >
> > Stellen Sie sich eine Welt vor, in der jeder Mensch an der Menge allen
> > Wissens frei teilhaben kann. Helfen Sie uns dabei!
> > http://spenden.wikimedia.de/
> >
> > Wikimedia Deutschland - Gesellschaft zur Förderung Freien Wissens e.V.
> > Eingetragen im Vereinsregister des Amtsgerichts Berlin-Charlottenburg
> unter
> > der Nummer 23855 B. Als gemeinnützig anerkannt durch das Finanzamt für
> > Körperschaften I Berlin, Steuernummer 27/681/51985.

Re: Wikistats 2.0 - Now with Maps!

Nuria Ruiz
>It's just great! It took me a while to understand the meaning of
>100M->1G and friends.
Numeric localization will help a bit with that, on the way:
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T187010

On Thu, Feb 15, 2018 at 3:00 AM, Arturo Borrero <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 14, 2018 at 11:15 PM, Nuria Ruiz <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hello from Analytics team:
> >
> > Just a brief note to announce that Wikistats 2.0 includes data about
> > pageviews per project per country for the current month.
> >
> > Take a look, pageviews for Spanish Wikipedia this current month:
> > https://stats.wikimedia.org/v2/#/es.wikipedia.org/reading/
> pageviews-by-country
> >
> > Data is also available programatically vi APIs:
> >
> > https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/Analytics/AQS/
> Pageviews#Pageviews_split_by_country
> >
> > We will be deploying small UI tweaks during this week but please explore
> > and let us know what you think.
> >

> It's just great! It took me a while to understand the meaning of
> 100M->1G and friends.
>
> warning: exploring too much destroys productivity :-)

Re: Wikistats 2.0 - Now with Maps!

Nuria Ruiz
>Sorry, I can't. I opened the link you gave on hewiki. Changed from map view
>to table view. I get a list of countries - US, France, Spain, --, Japan,
>and so on. It's a link, and clicking it opens unexisting wiki article with
>the same name.

I see, issue should be fixed here: Sorry, I can't. I opened the link you

On Wed, Feb 14, 2018 at 4:35 PM, יגאל חיטרון <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Sorry, I can't. I opened the link you gave on hewiki. Changed from map view
> to table view. I get a list of countries - US, France, Spain, --, Japan,
> and so on. It's a link, and clicking it opens unexisting wiki article with
> the same name.
> Igal
>

> On Feb 15, 2018 02:23, "Nuria Ruiz" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > >Hello and thank you.
> > >What do you mean in country named "--"?
> >
> > Not sure what you are asking, maybe a screenshot would help?
> >
> > On Wed, Feb 14, 2018 at 3:04 PM, יגאל חיטרון <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > Hello and thank you.
> > > What do you mean in country named "--"?
> > > Igal (User:IKhitron)
> > >

> > > On Feb 15, 2018 00:15, "Nuria Ruiz" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hello from Analytics team:
> > >
> > > Just a brief note to announce that Wikistats 2.0 includes data about
> > > pageviews per project per country for the current month.
> > >
> > > Take a look, pageviews for Spanish Wikipedia this current month:
> > > https://stats.wikimedia.org/v2/#/es.wikipedia.org/reading/
> > > pageviews-by-country
> > >
> > > Data is also available programatically vi APIs:
> > >
> > > https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/Analytics/AQS/
> > > Pageviews#Pageviews_split_by_country
> > >
> > > We will be deploying small UI tweaks during this week but please
> explore
> > > and let us know what you think.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > Nuria

Re: Wikistats 2.0 - Now with Maps!

יגאל חיטרון
Sorry?
Igal

> >Sorry, I can't. I opened the link you gave on hewiki. Changed from map
> view
> >to table view. I get a list of countries - US, France, Spain, --, Japan,
> >and so on. It's a link, and clicking it opens unexisting wiki article with
> >the same name.
>
> I see, issue should be fixed here: Sorry, I can't. I opened the link you
> gave on hewiki. Changed from map view
> to table view. I get a list of countries - US, France, Spain, --, Japan,
> and so on. It's a link, and clicking it opens unexisting wiki article with
> the same name.
>
> On Wed, Feb 14, 2018 at 4:35 PM, יגאל חיטרון <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Sorry, I can't. I opened the link you gave on hewiki. Changed from map
> view
> > to table view. I get a list of countries - US, France, Spain, --, Japan,
> > and so on. It's a link, and clicking it opens unexisting wiki article
> with
> > the same name.
> > Igal
> >

> > On Feb 15, 2018 02:23, "Nuria Ruiz" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > Hello,

> > > Not sure what you are asking, maybe a screenshot would help?

> > explore

Re: Wikistats 2.0 - Now with Maps!

Nuria Ruiz
Trying again:

>Sorry, I can't. I opened the link you gave on hewiki. Changed from map view
>to table view. I get a list of countries - US, France, Spain, --, Japan,
>and so on. It's a link, and clicking it opens unexisting wiki article with
>the same name.

Issue should be fixed with this ticket:

On Thu, Feb 15, 2018 at 9:04 AM, Nuria Ruiz <[hidden email]> wrote:

> >Sorry, I can't. I opened the link you gave on hewiki. Changed from map
> view
> >to table view. I get a list of countries - US, France, Spain, --, Japan,
> >and so on. It's a link, and clicking it opens unexisting wiki article with
> >the same name.
>
> I see, issue should be fixed here: Sorry, I can't. I opened the link you
> gave on hewiki. Changed from map view
> to table view. I get a list of countries - US, France, Spain, --, Japan,
> and so on. It's a link, and clicking it opens unexisting wiki article with
> the same name.
>
> On Wed, Feb 14, 2018 at 4:35 PM, יגאל חיטרון <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Sorry, I can't. I opened the link you gave on hewiki. Changed from map
>> view
>> to table view. I get a list of countries - US, France, Spain, --, Japan,
>> and so on. It's a link, and clicking it opens unexisting wiki article with
>> the same name.
>> Igal
>>

>> On Feb 15, 2018 02:23, "Nuria Ruiz" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> > Hello,

>> > Not sure what you are asking, maybe a screenshot would help?

>> explore

Re: Wikistats 2.0 - Now with Maps!

יגאל חיטרון
Thank you, but there is no "--" in the list.
Igal

> Trying again:
>
> >Sorry, I can't. I opened the link you gave on hewiki. Changed from map
> view
> >to table view. I get a list of countries - US, France, Spain, --, Japan,
> >and so on. It's a link, and clicking it opens unexisting wiki article with
> >the same name.
>
> Issue should be fixed with this ticket:
> https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T187205
>
> On Thu, Feb 15, 2018 at 9:04 AM, Nuria Ruiz <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > >Sorry, I can't. I opened the link you gave on hewiki. Changed from map
> > view
> > >to table view. I get a list of countries - US, France, Spain, --, Japan,
> > >and so on. It's a link, and clicking it opens unexisting wiki article
> with
> > >the same name.
> >
> > I see, issue should be fixed here: Sorry, I can't. I opened the link you
> > gave on hewiki. Changed from map view
> > to table view. I get a list of countries - US, France, Spain, --, Japan,
> > and so on. It's a link, and clicking it opens unexisting wiki article
> with
> > the same name.
> >
> > On Wed, Feb 14, 2018 at 4:35 PM, יגאל חיטרון <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >> Sorry, I can't. I opened the link you gave on hewiki. Changed from map
> >> view
> >> to table view. I get a list of countries - US, France, Spain, --, Japan,
> >> and so on. It's a link, and clicking it opens unexisting wiki article
> with
> >> the same name.
> >> Igal

> >> explore

Re: Wikistats 2.0 - Now with Maps!

Pine W
Thanks for the Wikistats 2 update, Nuria.

Igal, may I suggest that further discussion about specific bugs should take
place on Phabricator?

Pine

Re: Wikistats 2.0 - Now with Maps!

יגאל חיטרון-2
Sure. Where?
Igal

On Feb 18, 2018 23:25, "Pine W" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks for the Wikistats 2 update, Nuria.
>
> Igal, may I suggest that further discussion about specific bugs should take
> place on Phabricator?
>
> Pine

Re: Wikistats 2.0 - Now with Maps!

Andre Klapper-2
On Sun, 2018-02-18 at 23:39 +0200, יגאל חיטרון wrote:
> Sure. Where?

https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/tag/analytics-wikistats/ following
https://mediawiki.org/wiki/How_to_report_a_bug

Cheers,
andre
--
Andre Klapper | Wikimedia Bugwrangler
http://blogs.gnome.org/aklapper/

Re: Wikistats 2.0 - Now with Maps!

יגאל חיטרון-2
Hello, Aklapper, I believe Nuria is talking about some existing task,
because I have not any more new bugs to inform about. But thank you anyway.
Igal

On Feb 18, 2018 23:53, "Andre Klapper" <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Sun, 2018-02-18 at 23:39 +0200, יגאל חיטרון wrote:
> Sure. Where?

https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/tag/analytics-wikistats/ following
https://mediawiki.org/wiki/How_to_report_a_bug

Cheers,
andre
--
Andre Klapper | Wikimedia Bugwrangler
http://blogs.gnome.org/aklapper/

Re: Wikistats 2.0 - Now with Maps!

mathieu lovato stumpf guntz
Hi Nuria,

Thank you for the report, and congratulation to all people involved in
releasing this tool. It would be fine to also have map with editiors and
active editors.

By the way, is there somewhere where I could find total active editors
of all wikisources? Surely I could sum that through API (providing that
it exposes such a data for each language), but it would be fine that
everybody could have a straight forward access to this kind of cross
language data. I think there real are usecases for that, actually I'm
looking for number of active wikisourcerer to evaluate number of
attendees we might set for the next Wikisource conference.

Cheers.

Le 14/02/2018 à 23:15, Nuria Ruiz a écrit :

> Hello from Analytics team:
>
> Just a brief note to announce that Wikistats 2.0 includes data about
> pageviews per project per country for the current month.
>
> Take a look, pageviews for Spanish Wikipedia this current month:
> https://stats.wikimedia.org/v2/#/es.wikipedia.org/reading/pageviews-by-country
>
> Data is also available programatically vi APIs:
>
> https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/Analytics/AQS/Pageviews#Pageviews_split_by_country
>
> We will be deploying small UI tweaks during this week but please explore
> and let us know what you think.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Nuria

Re: Wikistats 2.0 - Now with Maps!

Nuria Ruiz
>By the way, is there somewhere where I could find total active editors of
all wikisources?

All projects agreggated? Not as far as I know. More than a matter of
calculation I think is a matter of definition. I might be wrong though and
this might already have been discussed.

Active editor metric is defined "per wiki" to my knowledge:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Research:Wikistats_metrics/Editors

For all projects you could add "all active editors for all projects"  and
that is doable. Now,  in that case you will not count someone with 2 edits
in eswiki and (using same login) another 3 edits on dewiki if in order to
become an "active editor" you need 5 edits in one wiki.

Phab ticket filed: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T188194