Wiktionary Logo Vote

YANG Xudong
Hi there,The Wiktionary logo 2009 refresh has been going on for a while now,
and as the logo submissions have been made, the voting will start soon.
Please visit meta:Wiktionary/logo/refresh#Voting<http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wiktionary/logo/refresh#Voting>
for
a discussion about the voting, and participate when the voting actually
starts at meta:Wiktionary/logo/refresh/voting<http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wiktionary/logo/refresh/voting>.
Also, as is said on the discussion page, we need people to notify all the
major Wiktionaries of the vote. Help would be much appreciated.

And... could someone in charge please show up and help with the vote? We
have a feeling that the 2009 refresh is being 'abandoned'.

Re: Wiktionary Logo Vote

Matthieu Barba
Hi,

before considering a vote, please make sure that all the issues from
the previous vote are resolved. Otherwise it's useless do to the same
all over again.

Issues like :
- make sure that the Wiktionary users are involved in the whole process.
- make sure that all Wiktionary projects will indeed change their logo
when the vote in over.
- check the requirements for a proper logo such as :
    * one logo for all the projects. The logo should be exactly the
same for all projects, without any adaptation for any language (which
means no language-dependent feature).
    * do not use the same colors as the Wikimedia foundation.
    * the logo is independant from the text below ("Wiktionary, the
free dictionary" etc.).
    * etc.
- the process should be prepared with the help of someone from the
Wikimedia Foundation.

The first and second points are by far the most important : a vote
without the majority of the users involved in the project would be
meaningless. We could even consider making it a Wiktionary users only
vote.

Darkdadaah @fr.wiktionary

2009/8/15 YANG Xudong <[hidden email]>:

> Hi there,The Wiktionary logo 2009 refresh has been going on for a while now,
> and as the logo submissions have been made, the voting will start soon.
> Please visit meta:Wiktionary/logo/refresh#Voting<http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wiktionary/logo/refresh#Voting>
> for
> a discussion about the voting, and participate when the voting actually
> starts at meta:Wiktionary/logo/refresh/voting<http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wiktionary/logo/refresh/voting>.
> Also, as is said on the discussion page, we need people to notify all the
> major Wiktionaries of the vote. Help would be much appreciated.
>
> And... could someone in charge please show up and help with the vote? We
> have a feeling that the 2009 refresh is being 'abandoned'.

Re: Wiktionary Logo Vote

YANG Xudong
As you can see on the page I provided a link to, the things you
mentioned are being seriously considered. About the first point, it is
indeed very important and we're trying to notify all major Wiktionary
projects in order to draw attention and votes. For example you could
help with notifying fr.wikt.

About drawing help from Wikimedia Foundation... How should we do that?
YANG Xudong (Wyvernoid)
The amateurs built the boat. The professionals built the Titanic.